U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 04:42 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,228,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am afraid that an African-American student might have done that. I hope not. There must be cameras everywhere, so they should be able figure this out.

Mick
It could have been a white person who is part of the movement too. You do know that whites and many other races are in agreement with the protests and support the black students. Different mind set and different generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 05:01 PM

11,758 posts, read 5,515,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Looks very much like an attempt at a symbolic protest that was incorrectly interpreted and spun into anonymous vandalism.
Actually, I think you are right. That's not how real vandals would deface a portrait.

Mick

Old 11-19-2015, 06:24 PM

189 posts, read 113,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
I really hope whoever who did this wasn't a student/future lawyer/contributor to the justice system.

Portraits Of Every Black Professor At Harvard Law Were Covered In Black Tape | ThinkProgress

Portraits Of Every Black Professor At Harvard Law Were Covered In Black Tape

black on black crime... typical

Old 11-19-2015, 06:26 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,235,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
It could have been a white person who is part of the movement too. You do know that whites and many other races are in agreement with the protests and support the black students. Different mind set and different generation.
Would have to be right ? No Black person would ever do something like that to keep their cause on the front page, especially in colleges where trending on twitter is a major coupe.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:35 AM

2,991 posts, read 1,650,655 times
It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was done to draw attention to a movement. Remember a few years ago when the professor in NY was caught hanging a noose? Tawana Brawley?

Old 11-20-2015, 12:55 AM

9,921 posts, read 6,239,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
I really hope whoever who did this wasn't a student/future lawyer/contributor to the justice system.

Portraits Of Every Black Professor At Harvard Law Were Covered In Black Tape | ThinkProgress

Portraits Of Every Black Professor At Harvard Law Were Covered In Black Tape
Inside job, so no telling.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:57 AM

2,761 posts, read 1,090,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Race baiting again? These types of threads get shut down.
How is this race-baiting? Is it not possible to report an incident and discuss it without allegations of race-baiting?

Old 11-20-2015, 12:09 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,381,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was done to draw attention to a movement. Remember a few years ago when the professor in NY was caught hanging a noose? Tawana Brawley?
And if it's not a group trying to draw attention to the cause then the excuse will be the standard "it was either a lone wolf, the person is mentally ill or it was just a silly but stupid prank." The same old weak playboy response from the same group of posters.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:52 PM

7,433 posts, read 7,969,669 times
This is the type of Dialogue we need in America. Both Sides agreeing that, this was done by some Jackhole probably trying to get attention.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:08 PM

2,991 posts, read 1,650,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
And if it's not a group trying to draw attention to the cause then the excuse will be the standard "it was either a lone wolf, the person is mentally ill or it was just a silly but stupid prank." The same old weak playboy response from the same group of posters.
Just recently they had a black man in Missouri I believe that was burning black churches!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or