U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 10:47 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,128,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Well I guess most of you will be happy when trans people are murdered or kill themselves because of hate and intolerance. That is pretty sad.
I support same sex marriage. In fact, I don't care if two people who love each other get married regardless of their gender and it's not the government or religion's role to step in and determine if they should do this or not. However, I am not sure how I feel about this whole transgender thing. The very few I've met were people who experienced abusive childhoods or some kind of significant psychological trauma early on in life. Perhaps treatment is a better route before they choose to mutilate themselves. I wouldn't be happy if they murdered or killed themselves but I think that by doing this, they already killed themselves in a symbolic way. In a way, this is also demeaning for straight or cis (as they call heterosexuals) people. It's almost like it's a shame to be straight. Why? Why is it wrong for me to be happy with the gender and body I was assigned at birth? I don't think that Bruce Jenner is a real woman. I don't think he should have won that prize from the magazine. I also don't think that we should be spending money and resources with respect to special bathrooms or programs to help pregnant trans men (women who became men).
Sure, people are free to do to themselves what they want but I think that now this has gone too far. The media has really pushed this issue way too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 11:17 PM

9,891 posts, read 8,172,704 times
How about a day for redheads or "gingers"? How about a day for albinos. Did you know in parts of Africa albinos are murdered and sometimes eaten merely for being albino?

Old 11-20-2015, 11:34 PM

12,351 posts, read 7,507,136 times
Quote:
Well I guess most of you will be happy when trans people are murdered or kill themselves because of hate and intolerance. That is pretty sad.
We'll be satisfied when you and your friends stop asking for special privileges from "progressive" politicians, and bullying everyone who stands in your way with lawsuits simply because their beliefs (to which they have every right) don't encourage them to bow to your militancy and threats, and cater to your whims.

That's nothing more than fair and equal treatment; your sexuality (and everyone else's) is a private matter.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:50 PM

12,658 posts, read 10,501,376 times
Quote:
Pathetic isn't it? Heartless people. Hating on something they can't understand or comprehend. Small minds.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:32 AM

9,891 posts, read 8,172,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Pathetic isn't it? Heartless people. Hating on something they can't understand or comprehend. Small minds.
How you dress and present yourself is a choice. You may "feel" as if you should be the opposite sex, but that doesn't mean a man must wear dresses and makeup. How one feels isn't a choice, but how one dresses and presents themselves is a choice. One should seek counseling to deal with personal body image and feelings before making the decision to radically alter their personal appearance to the opposite gender. Doing so can help you to cope with your feelings, find safe outlets for your desires, and when you can afford to confidently move forward with the sex change procedure. You can't force others to believe the same way as yourself. Free will means we're all free to think and feel our own thoughts no matter how un-PC it may be.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:02 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,418,283 times
Try a Muslim country... See how tolerant they are... And then kiss butt you're in America

Old 11-21-2015, 01:16 AM

Like I said...small minds and lack of comprehension.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
How you dress and present yourself is a choice. You may "feel" as if you should be the opposite sex, but that doesn't mean a man must wear dresses and makeup. How one feels isn't a choice, but how one dresses and presents themselves is a choice. One should seek counseling to deal with personal body image and feelings before making the decision to radically alter their personal appearance to the opposite gender. Doing so can help you to cope with your feelings, find safe outlets for your desires, and when you can afford to confidently move forward with the sex change procedure. You can't force others to believe the same way as yourself. Free will means we're all free to think and feel our own thoughts no matter how un-PC it may be.
Had to address this one aspect you wrote about... people who officially become transgender and change over, especially going so far as getting hormones or breast implants (or breast reduction) or sex reassignment surgery, DO have counseling, extensive psychological treatment, and evaluation to ensure they are 110% sure about how they feel and what they want to do. It's not a decision made on a whim, and given all the hate and misunderstanding around their situations do you think anyone actually WANTS this? Given some responses you see here, do you think it's easy for people to be true to who they really are? Because I think for damn sure it must NOT be.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:29 AM

4,196 posts, read 3,083,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body!

Old 11-21-2015, 01:30 AM

4,196 posts, read 3,083,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
We'll be satisfied when you and your friends stop asking for special privileges from "progressive" politicians, and bullying everyone who stands in your way with lawsuits simply because their beliefs (to which they have every right) don't encourage them to bow to your militancy and threats, and cater to your whims.

That's nothing more than fair and equal treatment; your sexuality (and everyone else's) is a private matter.
Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or