U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 01:17 PM

3,181 posts, read 4,646,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Please, people, have some respect for National Adoption Day which is today. So much arguing over yesterday's "day".

I'll take your word for it. If it is, that is a day worth noting. Families that provide a home for a child have the biggest hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 01:23 PM

6,652 posts, read 3,764,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
International Day of....oh geeze. The TWENTYSEVEN out of 300 million people? Gosh, I hope the schools get out for the day, businesses close, flags at half staff.

How stupid.
That's what I was thikning. Along with.....where's the remembrance day for all the women murdered in the country every day? The #1 cause of death of pregnant women in America is homicide. 27? For real? 27? A lot more women than that are murdered daily for no other reason than they are women. (And let's not even get around to the middle eastern and other countries. That would boggle the mind.)

Old 11-21-2015, 01:38 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,306,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Well I guess most of you will be happy when trans people are murdered or kill themselves because of hate and intolerance. That is pretty sad.

No one said anything about hating or not being tolerant but the whole rememberance day only applies to those friends and family affected by the loss. So why would I remember anyone on this day? I do not know anyone who was killed because of their lifestyle so I have no one to remember.

YOU are the one hating and not being tolerant with the words you wrote above in bold.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:42 PM

9,155 posts, read 8,677,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body!
You laugh. This is a viable choice in Translandia 2015, where you can start out as a man who is attracted to women but who "is actually" a woman. When such a person transitions to being a woman, "she" is still attracted to women, and is therefore technically a lesbian.

I know. I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
In a way, this is also demeaning for straight or cis (as they call heterosexuals) people.
"Cis" is also what the trans call gay people who are happy being gay and don't want to be trans (99.9999% of gays). I can't think of a worse thing to call gay men than a homophone for the first syllable in "sissy." And I don't believe the trans didn't realize this before they started with "cis."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
HOWEVER if an attractive transgender person who now looks like a woman, comes on to a guy - a HETEROSEXUAL man who has no desire to be with a person equipped with a penis - that TG person is risking their own life because the anger at being misled is going to be terribly strong and justifiably so, imo.
Gay women don't want still-penised "women," either. I hope there'd be no risk of loss of life, but you would have some seriously pissed-off lesbians.

Last edited by jay5835; 11-21-2015 at 01:50 PM..

Old 11-21-2015, 02:09 PM

3,181 posts, read 4,646,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
You laugh. This is a viable choice in Translandia 2015, where you can start out as a man who is attracted to women but who "is actually" a woman. When such a person transitions to being a woman, "she" is still attracted to women, and is therefore technically a lesbian.

I know. I know.

"Cis" is also what the trans call gay people who are happy being gay and don't want to be trans (99.9999% of gays). I can't think of a worse thing to call gay men than a homophone for the first syllable in "sissy." And I don't believe the trans didn't realize this before they started with "cis."

Gay women don't want still-penised "women," either. I hope there'd be no risk of loss of life, but you would have some seriously pissed-off lesbians.

Nothing worse than seriously pissed off lesbians. Some I know are tougher than a lot of men.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:19 PM

12,698 posts, read 10,531,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
There is nothing stopping you from starting that day. This isn't a federal recognized day, it's simply a group of LGBT & their supporters. No need to get all offended by it.
But it's fun to get offended by things that don't even concern us!

Old 11-21-2015, 04:50 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,799,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Are you offended that they are offended?

Old 11-21-2015, 04:54 PM

4,793 posts, read 4,038,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Excuse me, but the microaggressions thread is down the hall...

Old 11-21-2015, 05:13 PM

12,698 posts, read 10,531,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Nope. I will let them bask in their misery over other people's lives.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:27 PM

545 posts, read 462,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Well I guess most of you will be happy when trans people are murdered or kill themselves because of hate and intolerance. That is pretty sad.
There were 142 college students murdered by Al Shaabab terrorists at Garissa University in Kenya in April of this year for merely being Christian....no international day of remembrance for them!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or