Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 01:36 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times

Advertisements

People are making fun of the "small" number 27. 27 is 27 too many to be killed for being who they are. No one has to like it, but no one should go kill over it either. There should be 0 people killed for being who they are, always, in every aspect, even beyond transgenderism. So maybe 27 is not a lot compared to many other things, but transgenderism is rare to begin with, so in that context 27 is already too many. 271 around the world, same thing. 271 too many. Should be 0. Don't like it, keep your thoughts to yourself - you know what, go talk about it on the Internet and spread your hate and lack of understanding but don't go killing people because you don't like who they are or you think they're lying or you think they're a freak. No one has a right to do that to someone else. 27 is 27 too many. This is not a joke. Killing people is not a joke. Killing even 1 person is not okay and it's not funny.

No one is asking anyone to celebrate or honor this day. They can't force you to do so. No one is making you care. They're simply raising awareness, and yeah there's stupid things like national donut day and national coffee day but this day, honoring people who died due to intolerance and hate and lack of education and comprehension, is the dumb one? People need to check their priorities. I didn't honor this day. I only knew about it because I follow Caitlyn Jenner on Instagram but otherwise I didn't know about it and probably wouldn't have. I probably won't publicly honor it in any way, ever. But I respect it, and I respect the cause and I respect those like Caitlyn. Have some compassion people.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 11-21-2015 at 01:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 01:36 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
do you think it's easy for people to be true to who they really are?
Who someone truly is is determined by the sex chromosomes, not by the feelings or the mind.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:41 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Who someone truly is is determined by the sex chromosomes, not by the feelings or the mind.
Says you - I assume not a scientist, medical professional, or professional trained and educated in psychology. If you were any of those things, I doubt you would be saying that so easily.

Look how much can go wrong in the womb. Kids can be born with no brains. Missing limbs. Babies can be born conjoined to one another, sharing organs or having all separate ones. They can be born with one eye, a cyclops, they can be born with no nose or a full set of teeth. They can be born with extra nipples and even be intersex, actually have both male and female genitalia, be genetically neither male nor female. And you think it's impossible for the process of determining sex to be messed up, too, especially its connection to the brain and what people think and how they feel? I don't think it's a long shot considering how physically f***** up some babies are born because of mutations or diseases or simple problems in the process.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:51 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Really? I'm pretty sure most humans are a bit more complex than that.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:43 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,283 times
Ugh! People it's time we focus on the next sick group of individuals with some arbitrary period of time devoted to them! November 22-28 is Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Awareness Week. A week??? These sick freaks with their abnormal digestive tracts get an entire week??? Well, we simple-minded village idiots can't have that. It's not normal! We don't like what we don't understand, we refuse to try to understand, so let's gather up our pitchforks and torches and take out our anger on these inhuman monsters! What if one is in a bathroom with your wife or kids... or worse yet, you?

Old 11-21-2015, 05:57 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
I agree with not killing any innocent person (does that include the unborn?)

HOWEVER if an attractive transgender person who now looks like a woman, comes on to a guy - a HETEROSEXUAL man who has no desire to be with a person equipped with a penis - that TG person is risking their own life because the anger at being mislead is going to be terribly strong and justifiably so, imo.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:07 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
How about a day for redheads or "gingers"? How about a day for albinos. Did you know in parts of Africa albinos are murdered and sometimes eaten merely for being albino?
How about a day to hold people like you - who compare merely being redheaded to being murdered for being transgendered - in complete contempt?

It doesn't appear to bother you one iota, such murders. After all, you've never posted any opposition to any of those murders. Yet some people want merely to memorialize these murder victims and you throw a tantrum and post complaints. Murders? Whatever. A day of remembrance? You're annoyed.

That alone says volumes.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:24 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybo Joe View Post
Let me get this straight... if a black man says he's black on the outside, but he really feels "white", he should be able to mark white on the job applications, etc.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybo Joe View Post
Better yet, maybe they can get some help to keep from thinking they are the opposite sex than the sex they were born as.
Last night I went to synagogue. The Rabbinic Intern delivered the D'var Torah, or sermon. It was on the subject of "transgender tolerance." Afterwards I talked to her in the lobby about the sermon. I pointed out that I fully favor equal treatment and non-bullying. However I stated that glorifying it as a good thing goes way too far. Typically adolescence is where these issues or concerns develop, where most people are transitioning from same sex to other sex relationships. I pointed out that the relevant period of life is confusing as it is. I also pointed out that the adolescents should also be concerned with school subjects such as history, algebra and social studies, as well as gender identity. She really didn't have a counter-argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
How about a day for redheads or "gingers"?
Being that my great-grandfather and my mother were redheads, that I was a redhead until I was about 12, and my older son is a redhead (all of these quite a coincidence) I fully agree. How about designating February 30 "National Redhead Day."

Old 11-21-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Kids can be born with no brains. Missing limbs. Babies can be born conjoined to one another, sharing organs or having all separate ones. They can be born with one eye, a cyclops, they can be born with no nose or a full set of teeth. They can be born with extra nipples and even be intersex, actually have both male and female genitalia, be genetically neither male nor female. And you think it's impossible for the process of determining sex to be messed up, too, especially its connection to the brain and what people think and how they feel? I don't think it's a long shot considering how physically f***** up some babies are born because of mutations or diseases or simple problems in the process.
Upon what scientific basis do base your assumption that the brain is always correct when DNA (which begat the brain along with the rest of the organs) is not?

I have a hard time believing that something objective (like one's DNA) is to be ignored in favor of something subjective (like one's self-perception).

Old 11-21-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Really? I'm pretty sure most humans are a bit more complex than that.
Think back to high school biology. The sex chromosomes, either XX or XY, determine one's biological gender.

When one believes oneself to be of the opposite gender, that condition is diagnosed as gender dysphoria. Comorbidity with body dysmorphic disorder may be diagnosed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events