Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 02:56 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,945,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
If a man decides to become a woman physically, then what does that say for women being sexual objects? I mean why does having larger breasts and a vagina make such a difference?

Homosexuals have proved that a man can have sex with another man and apparently, the lack of larger breasts and a vagina don't seem to get in the way.

It seems to be nothing more than appearance. Haven't we all be told that the man is thinking like a woman and identifies as a female? So then?

Are the women with nearly flat chests less of a woman?

If a woman is defined not as what they feel or how they think and truly identified by breasts and a vagina, so be it.
My husband has a penis and testicles. They come in quite handy. He's quite fond of his meat and two veg. As am I. He'd not feel like himself without the twig and berries. Just like I'm pretty sure transgender people don't feel themselves without their combination of stuff. (available at the green grocer, apparently).

There's an entire spectrum of masculine and feminine. It means different things to different people. Some people just don't care. No one's worth in the community should be based on how big their boobs are or how small their Johnson. But if it matters to you, go ahead and do what you need to do. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 03:37 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yes, because you both know exactly how jamies' mind works and all about his or her life. You have jamies all figured out, look at you.

Incredibly rude.

I never said I had the poster's mind figured out and what I posted was not rude, it was a statement of reality. Changing the exterior of a person with specific DNA, through the artificial means of cosmetic surgery and drug therapy does not change the DNA of the person, it merely makes it easier for the person to "pretend" to be something they are not.

It is striking to me that supporters of transgender argue that gender is a societal constraint, blah, blah, blah, but when a man undergoes the artificial treatment to appear more like a woman, he immediately engages in everything that is gender specific about women. Talking about shopping and dressing excessively feminine or provocative, etc. To me, it seems like a disconnect to complain about gender roles of one sex and claim that gender roles are a driving force behind transgender, yet upon making the "transition" said individual indulges in very gender stereotypical behavior.

But again, nothing about this in any way should cause the bodily harm or death of transgender people.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:03 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Well I guess most of you will be happy when trans people are murdered or kill themselves because of hate and intolerance. That is pretty sad.
You say trans people, but it's really the men (trans women), those who believe they should have been born female, that are typically the victims. People in general don't have as much problem with lesbians. Women who want to be men, usually get a pass as well. Women who want to be men are particularly lucky, when you consider their transition process is usually more seamless. One has to consider, we are all female for the first six weeks of life any way, when women take hormones (testosterone), to cast the illusion of being male, the process is often more believable, and transcends more easily.

A biological male, on the other hand, has to go back in development, and often has to deal with being too tall, too bald, having shoulders too broad, hips too narrow, a jaw line that is too squared off, feet that are too big, hands that are too big, and a voice that is too deep. They often appear very awkward. MTF's rarely pass. Also take into account, society has always considered feminine males to be laughable, a big joke, at best. Worst, to be singled out, harassed, mocked, attacked/beaten, ridiculed, berated, told they are going to hell, exiled from their families, driven to suicide, and sometimes murdered. On top of that, living in a feminist era, males are taught they are not victims anyway. When the feminine male, specifically the homosexual male that can't pass for straight, or the MTF are victims, history has proven over and over, they never make the front page of any newspaper (and often the pages in between), and are never discussed on the six o'clock news. It's just the way it is.

Last edited by 9162; 11-24-2015 at 05:16 PM..

Old 11-24-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I never said I had the poster's mind figured out and what I posted was not rude, it was a statement of reality. Changing the exterior of a person with specific DNA, through the artificial means of cosmetic surgery and drug therapy does not change the DNA of the person, it merely makes it easier for the person to "pretend" to be something they are not.

It is striking to me that supporters of transgender argue that gender is a societal constraint, blah, blah, blah, but when a man undergoes the artificial treatment to appear more like a woman, he immediately engages in everything that is gender specific about women. Talking about shopping and dressing excessively feminine or provocative, etc. To me, it seems like a disconnect to complain about gender roles of one sex and claim that gender roles are a driving force behind transgender, yet upon making the "transition" said individual indulges in very gender stereotypical behavior.

But again, nothing about this in any way should cause the bodily harm or death of transgender people.
Does this apply to the hundreds of trans women you know? Or would it just be the one or two you're intimately acquainted with?

Come to mention it, do you actually know any non trans women?

Old 11-24-2015, 08:03 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Not as a mental disorder.

In fact they removed the word "disorder" from the diagnostic term just so persons, such as yourself, would not keep insisting that it's a disorder. It's still in the manual because otherwise treatment options would be jeopardized.

From the American Psychiatric Association:

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender...ct%20sheet.pdf
So it's a diagnosable condition that requires treatment - but it's not a disorder.

The committee may choose to label it however they wish, but they can't change the underlying facts.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
So it's a diagnosable condition that requires treatment - but it's not a disorder.

The committee may choose to label it however they wish, but they can't change the underlying facts.
Did you have crooked teeth? Bad eyesight? A bum ticker? Leukemia? Cystic fibrosis? Spinal trauma resulting in paralysis? Those are all diagnosable conditions. Some genetic. Some require treatment. Some don't. Some of them might even require psychiatric treatment, secondarily. But having any one of these diagnosable conditions doesn't make you mentally "disordered".

Old 11-24-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
There's an entire spectrum of masculine and feminine.
But there is not a spectrum of biological gender.
There are effeminate men, and there are masculine men. But we are all men.
There are feminine women, and there are butch women. But they are all women.

Quote:
No one's worth in the community should be based on how big their boobs are or how small their Johnson.
Neither should their self perception.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Did you have crooked teeth? Bad eyesight? A bum ticker? Leukemia? Cystic fibrosis? Spinal trauma resulting in paralysis? Those are all diagnosable conditions. Some genetic. Some require treatment. Some don't. Some of them might even require psychiatric treatment, secondarily. But having any one of these diagnosable conditions doesn't make you mentally "disordered".

Those are all physical conditions, not mental/emotional conditions. Apples to oranges.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:04 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Those are all physical conditions, not mental/emotional conditions. Apples to oranges.
Yet again, I ask why you assume that transgenderism is a mental issue. It's been made clear by now that it's still in the DSM for insurance purposes so people who are transitioning can get the care they need covered as best as possible. People are initially treated by psychiatrists to ensure they 100% want to transition without a doubt and that they are truly transgendered, and not just someone who actually does have a type of emotional or mental problem, and to ensure they're mentally strong enough for it - they don't get treated in the sense that someone is trying to fix them. They get treatment to HELP them be who they truly are. If it were a true mental disorder like you seem to think it is, wouldn't the treatment be fixing the problem that causes the person to think they should be the opposite gender in the first place? Instead, transgenders receive therapy and guidance through their process to transition. Where's the magic pill or therapy that talks them out of it? Outside of quacks claiming they can fix your gayness, or something (in the case of gays of course), I don't see it genuinely.

An issue in the brain, which I said I think it is, can be and is often very different than being mental or emotional.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:40 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
They "truly are" their sex at birth. One cannot change one's sex. Quacks all too happy to get rich from disfiguring human beings will never change that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events