U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should they shut down mosques in America?
Yes 75 19.38%
No 270 69.77%
No, but they should keep a database of all muslims 42 10.85%
Voters: 387. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 04:33 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
And we must also stop Islam spreading in prison, a touchy subject.
Actually the prison ministries are by NOI. A group not recognized by Sunni or Shi'ite. They were founded by a non-Muslim American in the USA in the 1930s. Although they do use the Qur'an and have adopted some Islamic practices, they do not accept Muhammad(saws) as the final Prophet and originally would not accept white Muslims.

You can read their history from their own website: NOI HISTORY

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 05:06 PM

9,809 posts, read 7,706,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Actually the prison ministries are by NOI. A group not recognized by Sunni or Shi'ite. They were founded by a non-Muslim American in the USA in the 1930s. Although they do use the Qur'an and have adopted some Islamic practices, they do not accept Muhammad(saws) as the final Prophet and originally would not accept white Muslims.

I am quite familiar with the NOI, but thank you. I was not referring solely to the NOI.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:14 PM

20,126 posts, read 11,157,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

True for many of the black convicts who became "Muslim" (and I will put it in quotes) years ago, but not true of the growing number of both black white convicts who become Muslim these days, such as Michael Finton.

Most of that prison outreach, btw, is a Wahhabi doctrine outreach.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:36 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I am quite familiar with the NOI, but thank you. I was not referring solely to the NOI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
True for many of the black convicts who became "Muslim" (and I will put it in quotes) years ago, but not true of the growing number of both black white convicts who become Muslim these days, such as Michael Finton.

Most of that prison outreach, btw, is a Wahhabi doctrine outreach.
I was unaware of any active prison ministries by any mainstream Muslims or the Wahhabi. But, it would be typical of Wahhabi/Salafi. I was hoping there was very minimal if any Wahhabi presence here in the USA.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or