U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should they shut down mosques in America?
Yes 75 19.38%
No 270 69.77%
No, but they should keep a database of all muslims 42 10.85%
Voters: 387. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 03:32 PM

14,686 posts, read 8,472,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
NO of course they should not be shut down but they should be watched in case what is going on in there is dangerous to the public. That also goes for any religion, cult or group.

One of the freedoms of America is that you can discuss anything you want but when that discussion turns to action that threatens the general public then that is a problem.

Right now we are seeing a problem with muslim terrorists that want to kill us.

I know it is not all muslims but the terrorists are always muslim. We would be stupid to not keep an eye on them.
Wrong. Terrorists come with many religions, creeds, and beliefs, including Christianity. Ever heard of the Ku Klux Klan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 03:43 PM

20,195 posts, read 12,105,285 times
The terrorist are basically gang members just under different flags . The have killed 2000 people in one city in Mexico and nobody bat an eye . What's scaring most more is seeing droves of folks coming our way like Europe. Close your eyes n just look at facts. In Miami during the start of the drug wars bombings were weekly judges killed all kinds of stuff . We got over it . What are you so afraid of???

Old 11-21-2015, 03:51 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,338,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Are they inciting killings at Sunday mass? What would you do if they did?

I would be happy to close all Catholic churches down as of right now.....are you OK with that?? Let's ask Mr. Trump to get on that now. It's just about good management you know.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 22 days ago)

9,829 posts, read 21,132,956 times
Does anyone really think the govt doesn't already have a database of nearly all Muslim and fringe people on the right? NSA anyone?

Old 11-21-2015, 03:56 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,338,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Does anyone really think the govt doesn't already have a database of nearly all Muslim and fringe people on the right? NSA anyone?

No I don't think they have nearly all Muslims in a database

Old 11-21-2015, 04:10 PM

1,256 posts, read 695,770 times
Quote:
Which chapter and verse from the Bible was McVeigh quoting when pushed the button? How do you say Allahu Akbar in English? You must be a novice. This talking point is real old.
Does it really matter? The end result is the same - lots of innocent people are dead. This year there were 207 mass killings in the US. One was carried out by a Muslim. Tell me again how closing mosques is going to keep us safe?

Old 11-21-2015, 04:30 PM

14,686 posts, read 8,472,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Does it really matter? The end result is the same - lots of innocent people are dead. This year there were 207 mass killings in the US. One was carried out by a Muslim. Tell me again how closing mosques is going to keep us safe?
Exactly. Never mind the fact that shutting down all mosques in America violates the constitutional amendment regarding freedom of religion in the United States. The end result of life is the same-death. We can't protect ourselves from anything and everything, and I for one, am not going to hide in corners and jump at every shadow being scared that someone may do me harm. That's no way to live an already short life. We have done that far too long already.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:43 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,011,022 times
Quote:
Really? Who?
James Wickstrom, Thomas Robb, Wesley A Smith, and Dave Barley just to name a few.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:44 PM

9,280 posts, read 4,272,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Fungus View Post
I am against that 100%, I know some people think at the very least they should keep a database of all Muslims in this country. What do you think?

Nice try and distorting what has been said by most.

When asked about the Syrian refugees which are predominately Muslim, it was suggested they be kept in a database and monitored. They are not American citizens, so therefore are not protected under the Constitution.
So while I and others (including you presumably) do not think ALL Muslims should be kept in a database, the newly arrived refugees should be.

As to mosques, presumably the vast majority teach positive religious doctrine and should be off limits to the government. However if a mosque, synagogue or church are nothing more than places for terrorist to meet under the guise of religion, then they cease being a holy place of worship, and become nothing more that brick & mortar structures that harbor terrorists. I see no problem with shutting those particular places down.

`

Old 11-21-2015, 04:46 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Actually there have been 994 mass shootings in the USA in the past 1004 days with 1,260 deaths A Mass shooting is defined as one in which 4 or more people were shot. we also had over 14,000 murders in 2013 and 480,360 arrests for violent crimes in the same year and that reflects a substantial drop in crime since 2009.

Virtually all of them have been by non-Muslims

My sources are these 2 links

994 mass shootings in 1,004 days: this is what America's gun crisis looks like | US news | The Guardian

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...-2013-released

A strange over looked fact although more crimes are being attributed to Muslims there has been a considerable drop in violent crime since the 1990s. in other words as the Muslim population increased the overall crime rate declined

The decline in violent crimes from the 1990s until 2013 is also noted in the Pew Report.

The PEW report

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware | Pew Research Center

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or