Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should they shut down mosques in America?
Yes 77 18.08%
No 304 71.36%
No, but they should keep a database of all muslims 45 10.56%
Voters: 426. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 08:33 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times

Advertisements

About Clarion Project | Clarion Project
According to the Clarion project more than 50 million Muslim's support ISIS world wide, including some American Muslim's. Twitter accounts supporting them have been exposed by Anonymous recently.

Until these numbers dwindle we will face terror.

Despite knowing this I voted NO on closing all Mosques. I do think Muslims who attend should try their best to report others that agree with radical views. I also believe we should track those with radical views.

In reality though we can't do much to avoid these religious terror groups because their religion protects them. We are not allowed to voice concern if religion is attached to it.

I personally am a non believing American, I don't understand why anyone would make a choice to be associated with it. Religion is a choice in America and people choose what they want, I'm not one to comment on that. If I had to make a choice I would never pick any religious belief associated with current terrorist activities. It's telling of the personality that would imo, and I stay clear of those people when able.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 08:39 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Fungus View Post
I am against that 100%, I know some people think at the very least they should keep a database of all Muslims in this country. What do you think?
This is a real incident. Last minute before the elections, a political party promised to give "Color TV" to each household if they won the elections. And they won.

If they can track your phone and email and ashley madison, they are already doing this too..

Old 11-22-2015, 08:40 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I feel that way often too, but I have to say I am kind of grateful for these polls, because they show those people are in the minority, even here. The haters may be the loudest but they are still not the majority, that makes me feel a bit better.
In other words, who ever disagrees with you are haters and idiots.

Well said! Such clarity, so keen.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:44 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
The courts violate the Constitution as well.

Seriously man?

Get to know your American form of government, history and constitution. Really.

The Constitution specifically states that the final arbitrator in interpreting the constitution is... wait for it.. SCOTUS. Article III to be exact. You may not like the rulings, but it is SCOTUS who, constitutionally, decides what is valid law or not.

Don't like it?

Petition to get the constitution changed. Good luck with that.

PS: I'm not an American and I know that fact. However, I have been in 42 of the 50 States and have many friends in those States.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:23 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,412,847 times
Absolutely not. This is the complete antithesis of liberty. That of course does not mean we need to let everyone into our nation.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I would agree if these would be dictators would create a database and ID card for everyone that listed their sex, religion, race, skin color, address, political party, vote in the last elections, current employer and income, car make and model, blogging history, social associations and anything else that might identify anyone for future persecution. That would be very useful for the government when people like The Donald take over and implement their own version of the ONE RIGHT WAY.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:14 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,429,348 times
Quote:
Should The government shut down all mosques in America?
This is not even realistic and I hate that we're even talking about it. That being said, mosques with a sizable immigrant population do bear watching.

I am a right-winger.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:06 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
Isn't there an amendment or two that expressly forbid something like that?

How is this even being considered?

Who was it who said...

"Those who sacrifice liberty for freedom will get neither"

Old 11-22-2015, 12:15 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Try to live and practice your faith any any Islamic country. Let us see if they allow you to do that.
Let's.

This is an interior shot of the Vank cathedral in Esfahan, Iran.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:19 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,072,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
This is not even realistic and I hate that we're even talking about it. That being said, mosques with a sizable immigrant population do bear watching.

I am a right-winger.
While I have only been in about 10 Mosques in the USA every one of them had a very visible Police presence. In at least 2 of them it was requested by the regular attendees to pay to have off-duty uniformed non-Muslim police present during any activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events