U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 05:14 AM

1,515 posts, read 999,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Whatevs....

OTOH, too bad cops who are doing the same thing to supposed "perps" who are mentally ill or otherwise disabled or restrained yet somehow end up getting shot or tazed....yeah, same damn thing.
You're exactly right! In fact, in MY OPINION, when this punk gets out of prison he would be the perfect candidate for a law "enforcement" career!

As a cop, he could just claim he was scared! He wouldn't have to hit some elderly guy with his fist then! He could just shoot him a dozen times or so.....and kill his pet too while he's at it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 08:32 PM

3,501 posts, read 1,700,762 times
This happened in my town a while back (2013 I think maybe 2014) and was big news here for at least a year or two back. surprised it's only getting attention now.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:18 PM

906 posts, read 650,581 times
They probably tried to keep it under wraps

Old 12-06-2015, 12:31 PM

2,429 posts, read 1,780,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Perhaps. Maybe I'm approaching his lazy response to the video which he did not watch with the same laziness? Or maybe I'm wondering why the crimes of some blacks kids have anything to do with the old black man being a victim of a similar crime? Did that old man participate with the kids? Did he start the knock out game? So why are some of the responses, "welp blacks do this all the time" as if that means anything for the victim in this crime? This shouldn't have happened. And knock out games shouldn't happen period, regardless of the race of the victim or the perpetrators. Imo fixating on who started it, who does it most, etc, undermines the victim in this specific crime, and actually transforms this thread into a completely different discussion that isn't about this victim but the other victims of other crimes(in this case the whites that have gotten knocked out).

Here's the bigger observation: in threads where blacks are the perpetrators or the victims there are always several pages of people talking about every single case, statistic, or ill in black communities that portrays blacks collectively to be vicious uncivilized criminals. Another observation? When whites commit crimes in this forum rarely do people use these crimes to collectively group whites. White crimes are treated like individual bad crimes. Yet even in cases where whites are the perpetrators posters always find a way to circle these back to blacks even when blacks weren't the ones that committed the specific crime in the op. These posters will make statements that "blacks do "x" more anyway in larger numbers so what of this case where the black was finally a victim?"

Just like what's happening in this thread.
Nailed it.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:07 PM

60 posts, read 28,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Hate crime laws are stupid and illogical anyway....Why should 1 motive be "more severe" than any other?? The crime is the crime....Whether you kill, beat up, assault for ****s and giggles or because you hate the race of your victim is meaningless liberal double speak....It's the same damn crime....
I agree with you in theory. However, a hate crime shows premeditation, which can mean the difference in sentencing for the crime.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You still never answered the question. Please name one black perpetrator who was charged with a federal hate crime. There were /are hundreds of KO attacks by blacks on whites. Not one single crime was charged federally. Not one!!
Post one case of a black person hitting a white that demonstrated it was a hate crime, since you say there are hundreds of them.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
We could debate that case for days. Lets talk about OJ lol!! Were you outraged????
As a black person, yes, I was very disappointed that OJ got away with murder. But for every OJ you name, I can name dozens of George Zimmermans. Whites have gotten away with killing blacks more times throughout our nation's history than the other way around.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I didn't watch the video but I've also seen plenty of videos of black kids attacking white adults for no reason
It's usually financial. They were trying to rob the white person. And in 99% of the cases, black people who rob or physically attack white people have the book thrown at them, so let's not sit up here and act like they get away with their acts.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:54 PM

15,908 posts, read 6,256,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquiller1 View Post
As a black person, yes, I was very disappointed that OJ got away with murder. But for every OJ you name, I can name dozens of George Zimmermans. Whites have gotten away with killing blacks more times throughout our nation's history than the other way around.
I actually think OJ may have not been guilty of murder.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:53 AM

465 posts, read 297,205 times
Default stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquiller1 View Post
It's usually financial. They were trying to rob the white person. And in 99% of the cases, black people who rob or physically attack white people have the book thrown at them, so let's not sit up here and act like they get away with their acts.
"Its usually financial" What! Don't try to rationalize or humanize a criminal. Go get an "F"ing job and stop trying to find the easy way out.

I do agree that justice is unfairly and particularly harsh on black people. But, if I were black and knowing that justice is unfair, I would stop committing crimes then...maybe its just me!

In regards to that idiot that committed the crime...a young white male ruthlessly attacking an elder black male. We disowned that fool a long time ago, so he is no longer a Caucasian, but rather an Caucidiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events