Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 02:48 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times

Advertisements

In the future, this kid will probably be the CEO of a major US corporation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 03:10 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I'd go along with mandatory, reversible sterilization of every human being at age 9. Once a person/couple proves they are fit to be a parent and financially capable, only then would they be allowed to have children.
Good. Now are you going to invent reliably reversible sterilization methods that don't have the potential of lifelong side effects or increase the risk of death?

Old 11-23-2015, 03:21 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Kind of hard to prove you're a fit parent when you're incapable of having children, unless you are willing to take their word for it..... which is basically what we do now.
"Fit" is somewhat loose terminology for not being a crack addict, not having a rap sheet 4 pages long, being employed, not diagnosed with an antisocial behavior, not being a pedophile etc. etc.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:09 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
She doesn't necessarily hate men. From a biological standpoint, a woman can only produce one offspring per nine month period ( barring twins, etc.) whereas a man, given multiple partners can produce many, many children.
Point taken. Heck, I'm fine with snipping any guys who are just spawning and adding to the welfare population. Problem is, I believe most vasectomies can be reversed. But hey, it's worth a try.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:35 PM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Point taken. Heck, I'm fine with snipping any guys who are just spawning and adding to the welfare population. Problem is, I believe most vasectomies can be reversed. But hey, it's worth a try.
The "reversal" success rate drops significantly after about 5 years.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:39 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times
Quote:
I highly doubt that these caliber of men are going to pay for that reversal surgery. If anything the vasectomy will be an invitation to stick their junk in anything with a hole.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:54 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I am having a very hard time thinking 3 yr olds could accomplish this. How do they even know which button to properly push. My oven you certainly have to know the word "Bake" then even pushing Bake & Temp, I have to push Start. This is starting to make little sense and more like someone showed these kids or someone set this up to happen. I am re thinking how 3 yrs olds could come up with this on their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Some of the posters on this thread are truly frightening. Really--euthanize the twins? Now THAT is the response of a psychopath.
I think some of you have watched too many films. There is no evidence that any 3 year old can be a psychopathy. The criteria for psychopathy, such as a lack of empathy, is difficult to measure in children this young as they are in early stages of developing empathic responses.
I have not seen any evidence that these children deliberately and maliciously harmed their sibling.
Children who are severely neglected can develop callous-unemotional traits but this would be much less common in twins, since they have each other to provide some stimulation and support.
And actually, very few psychopaths display homicidal tendencies.
Yup absolutely baffling how people are really using their children as models for these children-comparing development and what their kids would never do as if their kids were born into this chaotic dysfunctional environment. I have a 4 year old-yes at 3 he knew that a stove was hot and not to go near it or open it, let alone put something in it to burn. He also was taught this by me. He also has his own fake kitchen where he can engage in play and put things in the oven without it really burning. We don't know what these girls understood as far as whether or not playing with a real stove would mean there sister would die. We don't know if it was a game, if they didn't understand what was happening because of how they were reared or if they were mimicking some behavior they saw. We really don't know much about what these kids know, the only thing we know is that there mother was neglectful enough to think it was okay to leave a group of toddlers home! The fact that this was something she thought was acceptable speaks volumes for the types of craziness that these kids experienced in that home. They are not only products of their environments, but they are also still toddlers. They know right from wrong to an extent but do they understand that a wrong action means death or even what death means? Do they understand that their sisters pain wasn't the same as when they hit her and she would cry but still be okay in the end? At this point pretending that this environment, crazy parenting, and their disconnect between actions and death--let alone the fact that many 3 year olds don't truly understand what death means--isn't why this happened is frankly ignorant to me.

Yes we know all of you have 3 year old's that would never do such a thing because they know and fully understand why they can't! So darn it these kids should too!

Meanwhile, lets see how your child would fare if born into this same environment, without you as a parent, and under these circumstances and I can bet you that while they may not do this exact crime, that if left alone for hours without supervision that they would do something just as dangerous.

If three year olds knew better and truly understood what not to do in these type of scenarios then why would we ever need baby sitters? Is it because *gasps* we know that they are capable of hurting themselves and others and are unable to fully comprehend how to take care of themselves simply because they don't know as much as us adults do?

We cannot conclude especially considering the circumstances that they are evil psychopaths. The finger pointing should be at the parents not the toddlers.

So much indignation about this one, meanwhile a woman old enough to know better microwaves her daughter and it rarely gets comments???? Interesting.

Last edited by Faith2187; 11-23-2015 at 05:02 PM..

Old 11-23-2015, 05:04 PM

194 posts, read 246,297 times
Quote:
Wake up. Condoms are cheap, do you think she cared about school, and abortions are readily available.

THIS, is WHY I support forced sterilization, no welfare benefits after the first child, and a DEMAND that the black community start start addressing the out of wedlock child problem.
I like your comment better

Old 11-23-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Yes we know all of you have 3 year old's that would never do such a thing because they know and fully understand why they can't! So darn it these kids should too!

I used my kid as a comparison only to show that
a. 3 year olds do possess the ability to comprehend consequences, inflicting pain on others, etc.
and
b. How easy it really is to work appliances, even for a preschooler.

In no way did I say that these three year olds were psychopaths. I do think they should be brought in for counseling (for obvious reasons) and evaluation.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I am having a very hard time thinking 3 yr olds could accomplish this. How do they even know which button to properly push. My oven you certainly have to know the word "Bake" then even pushing Bake & Temp, I have to push Start. This is starting to make little sense and more like someone showed these kids or someone set this up to happen. I am re thinking how 3 yrs olds could come up with this on their own.
Many 3 year olds can read.

They can certainly watch you work an appliance or tool and mimic it pretty accurately.

On an old stove, they'd just have to turn the knob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events