Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 11:38 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinemon View Post
Lol, well why even pair bond and have monogamous marriages then? A kiss is a kiss is a kiss, no matter who it's from. Everyone is interchangeable, right?

All that matters is what they can do for us, not who they are?

What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 01:03 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
[quote=2mares;42198189]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post

It dosent prove anything. Its no more valid than my opinion.

And if frogs had wings they wouldnt bump their butts on the ground.

And even when they do these tragedies happen.

Of course you do.

Why stop there.
If you are too tired to creatively write a response that the other City-Data members can enjoy, then please take a little nap and maybe come back later.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:27 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
If you are too tired to creatively write a response that the other City-Data members can enjoy, then please take a little nap and maybe come back later.
I'm not here for your enjoyment.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:12 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
The question still remains, why were they left home alone. I can't feel safe leaving my 10 yr old home alone.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:23 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
I won't lie, without even clicking the link, I guessed the kids were black based on that name. Do black parents not realize how much of a hindrance naming your child something like that is? There's been way too many studies that someone named Shawn would be hired over someone named LeShawn or DeShawn.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Once they get to the interview they wouldn't be able to hide the fact that they were black anyway. So if people are judging based on race (black name) instead of qualifications, what difference does it really make when they reject the black person?

Old 12-07-2015, 06:58 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
This is a popular sentiment, and wrong. Financially capable human beings make the best parents. The decision to bring kids into the world without adequate funding and planning is prima facie bad parenting. Parental "love" is irrelevant in the face of inability to provide a financially stable environment for the family.
Lmao! I have very wealthy parents. I never heard the word love as a child. No affection. My parents were to busy building wealth to be bothered with parenting. By 16, I had left their house and was fending for myself.

I am poor, but my kids are showered with love, affection and praise. I might not have money, but they have a mother that helps them with homework, fixes them dinner, reads to them and cuddles. Money is not everything.

Last edited by LowonLuck; 12-07-2015 at 07:10 PM..

Old 12-07-2015, 07:05 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Absolutely. Part of being a bad parent is doing things out of order. And making choices that lead to impossible situations. But the bottom line? Day care is a terrible and destructive place for kids. So no matter how you get there, if you are sticking your infant in a day care setting, you are the definition of a bad parent. Good parents don't put their kids in bad places.

And don't argue with me. There isn't a parent alive who doesn't feel pangs of guilt and melancholy when dropping an infant off at the day care. They know it's wrong. They might have no choice now, since they effed up their life to lead them to this point. But they know it's wrong at the deepest levels.
Are you crazy?

I stayed home with both of my kids for years. My son started daycare at 3. He goes to a private, Christian based center and has a wonderful time. He only goes two days a week, but he looks forward to daycare days. I have never felt guilty dropping him off.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:37 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Quote:
Dad is 1000 times better than day care, but not as good as mom, at least not from the age of 0-4. After that, any arrangement is fine that features the parents doing their job and personally raising their kids. Dumping an infant in day care is child neglect and abuse of a very high order, and it is impossible to call someone who does this anything other than a terrible parent.
Really? Are you serious?

You are all for the woman staying at home through preschool? Fine. Your wife stays home. I'm all for choices. But to consider someone who puts their child in daycare as a "terrible parent" and their actions "child neglect" is highly judgmental, insulting, and a direct slap in the face of women like my mother, myself, and the millions of other mothers in this country who get up early in the morning and go to work. A daycare provider is just that, someone who tends the child while Mommy and Daddy are working. They aren't me. My eldest never formed the same bond with her caregiver as she did with me. Now, at almost ten, she remembers being minded by "Miss Nanci" and some of the friends she made there, but that's about it. We were the ones who potty trained our children, we witnessed their first steps, I breastfed both of them well past a year WHILE WORKING in a highly stressful field. Working is a normal thing for both men AND women. I am a nurturer and a provider. If anything, working parents have to do double duty - caring for the needs of their children (and with an infant it's day AND night. there was no "daycare" during the weeknights that my daughters routinely woke up wanting to be fed, diapered, held) and getting up and going to work.

My mother was a single divorcee and she had no choice but to leave me in daycare. My father was just getting started in his career and his child support couldn't foot all of the bills living in New York City. It would be a dereliction of duty to not work and provide for me. She would never dream of leeching off the system. I was in daycare for much of my younger years and I turned out very well.

To consider leaving a child in daycare as tantamount to child abuse is ... off base to put it mildly.

And what does any of this have to do with a stupid, waste of space woman whose parenting license should have been revoked a long time ago? The piece of excrement mother whose children committed the murder probably wasn't even working.

And a father's love, time, and affection is equally as important as a mother's love, time, and affection. One sex isn't any better in the nurturing department than the other. My husband is one helluva father. I love him for many reasons, but the love and affection he shows his children is a wonderful sight to behold.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:08 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Once they get to the interview they wouldn't be able to hide the fact that they were black anyway. So if people are judging based on race (black name) instead of qualifications, what difference does it really make when they reject the black person?
Perception is very important, especially in entry level positions, or positions where there's a lot of competition, especially in any customer-facing position (sales, support, etc) Later on, your accomplishments will speak for them selves, but getting in the door can be the hard part.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:12 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What if you are a single parent through untimely death of a spouse? Despite perfect planning, bad things happen sometimes. Should that single parent go on welfare and stay home or use day care in order to work? You have put that parent in a no win situation.
The difference is that the child grows up in a very different environment where a significant portion of the families are intact than if the children are being raised in the 'hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events