Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 03:17 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times

Advertisements

This is total bull!!!!

Not buying a single word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 03:18 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Still 3% of them come here illegally to pick crops even though there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers. All the others are taking jobs that Americans have always done but have been ran off their jobs because illegals work cheaper. Both their employers and they are equally guilty of breaking the law.

I'm pretty sure that there are a bunch of Americans, say in downtown Memphis, or in a backwater Mississippi town as a neighbor or relative of Honey Boo Boo, that will not do the work the Mexicans are.

Go try and recruit them there and see.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:55 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Do you know how these people obtain food stamps if they don't have American social security numbers or American birth certificates?
You can buy a Lone Star Card on the street for 50 cents on the dollar. Cash only, of course.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:55 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I'm pretty sure that there are a bunch of Americans, say in downtown Memphis, or in a backwater Mississippi town as a neighbor or relative of Honey Boo Boo, that will not do the work the Mexicans are.

Maybe so, but they don't represent the majority of Americans who are willing to do those jobs. Not everyone in the south is backwards and lazy either. Nice try but no cigar. There is no defense or justification for hiring illegal aliens so why just refer to them as plain old "Mexicans"?

Old 11-23-2015, 05:57 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
You can buy a Lone Star Card on the street for 50 cents on the dollar. Cash only, of course.
Oh so its not from the government. Its from people selling their cards. Well, that's a different story altogether.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:59 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:

They will do the same work that illegals will, but they won't do it for as cheap a wage as the illegals will.

Oh, and Honey Boo Boo's neighbors live in GA, not in MS or Memphis.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Maybe so, but they don't represent the majority of Americans who are willing to do those jobs. Not everyone in the south is backwards and lazy either. Nice try but no cigar. There is no defense or justification for hiring illegal aliens so why just refer to them as plain old "Mexicans"?
Really? I spend half my time in the deep south.

I don't see the typical Memphis downtown resident or Mississippi Honey Boo Boo relative doing the hard, physical labor in the hot sun 8 or more hours a day in any great numbers. No, one sees Hispanics, who may be Mexicans. Some are legal (I know them) and some are not (suspect a few I recognize).

The point is, there are jobs that Americans who have been here for generations won't do, rather, they would prefer to be on welfare. Why is that?

Old 11-23-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
They will do the same work that illegals will, but they won't do it for as cheap a wage as the illegals will.

Oh, and Honey Boo Boo's neighbors live in GA, not in MS or Memphis.
There you go.

I'm pretty sure that you can read between the lines of the individuals I mean who refuse to work that are indigenous Americans.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:06 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Really? I spend half my time in the deep south.

I don't see the typical Memphis downtown resident or Mississippi Honey Boo Boo relative doing the hard, physical labor in the hot sun 8 or more hours a day in any great numbers. No, one sees Hispanics, who may be Mexicans. Some are legal (I know them) and some are not (suspect a few I recognize).

The point is, there are jobs that Americans who have been here for generations won't do, rather, they would prefer to be on welfare. Why is that?

Again, utter nonsense! Doesn't matter anyway. Hiring illegal aliens is against the law or doesn't that matter to you? How do so many people in the south survive if they are too lazy to work? Hispanics/Mexicans in general are not superior workers to any other group and to state such a thing is racist. Americans all over the country work out in the hot sun all day and I'm not talking about picking crops as most illegals or Hispanic/Mexicans aren't doing those jobs anyway.

You know what you can do with your Honey Boo Boo cracks, don't you?

Old 11-23-2015, 08:13 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
I don't buy this propaganda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events