Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 05:32 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And just what are these jobs that Americans supposedly won't do? Again, I ask you and you refuse to answer is are you saying with a straight face that Mexicans are a superior group and that other groups don't also have good work ethics and family structures/values? You know that is racism, don't you?
I gave you an example, and all you did was rant on about 'slave labor' and illegal immigrants. That example included the fact that born here people who were hired did not cut it. Do you remember that? Racist is suggesting all Hispanics are illegals.

Quote:
You don't have a choice of picking foreigners over Americans, welfare bums or not. Many Mexicans living here are on welfare also and you seem to ignore that.
Are they? Truly? I don't know any, but then, that is only the ones I know. Their work ethics exceed what I see driving through ghetto areas, where similarly aged youth are clearly not working.

But then, I don't know all Hispanics obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 05:37 PM

4 posts, read 4,665 times
I believe it. You would be amazed at how many Americans are moving too! The ex-pat communities are growing, and people like myself, that are discovering how fabulous it is to live in Baja, are joining the growing numbers of baby boomers that no longer want to live in the States. Sorry, but the cost of living, the cost of good medical care, and the beauty of the area far outweighs the growing BS of living in the states. Hasta Baby....

Old 11-24-2015, 05:54 PM

4 posts, read 4,665 times
First of all, I LOVE the way people are referring to "Hispanics & Mexicans as if they are interchangeable and the same. They are not, so figure it out. Secondly, I LOVE the way folks speak of "they" as if your own people were born here. Guess what folks, you ALL are immigrants to the USA, so get a grip, unless you are a direct descendent of Native American Indians, which I'm pretty sure you are not. Lastly, I cannot believe the general statements being made about a group of people as if that is inclusive to them all. Old Glory, I know some pretty ignorant dumb ass patriotic left wing jerks, whose butts have been saved in an emergency situation without a second thought by some right wing minority, so get over yourself. Coming up on Thanksgiving and this is the way you are thinking? Wow. Good thing the Son of God didn't look at the whores, lepers, and others that way ... Be grateful and thankful and start praying for peace instead of bickering about who does better work and who is taking advantage of welfare while the damn U.S. Government is stealing you blind. Seriously.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:16 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,569 times
Quote:
On the backs of the American taxpayer/worker.
One has to wonder if Obama and crew will still be mailing them "their" EBT cards and section 8 checks, only now to addresses with Mexican or Central American postal codes.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:22 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmly planted in mid-air View Post
First of all, I LOVE the way people are referring to "Hispanics & Mexicans as if they are interchangeable and the same. They are not, so figure it out. Secondly, I LOVE the way folks speak of "they" as if your own people were born here. Guess what folks, you ALL are immigrants to the USA, so get a grip, unless you are a direct descendent of Native American Indians, which I'm pretty sure you are not. Lastly, I cannot believe the general statements being made about a group of people as if that is inclusive to them all. Old Glory, I know some pretty ignorant dumb ass patriotic left wing jerks, whose butts have been saved in an emergency situation without a second thought by some right wing minority, so get over yourself. Coming up on Thanksgiving and this is the way you are thinking? Wow. Good thing the Son of God didn't look at the whores, lepers, and others that way ... Be grateful and thankful and start praying for peace instead of bickering about who does better work and who is taking advantage of welfare while the damn U.S. Government is stealing you blind. Seriously.
I wish you people seriously knew what the hell you were talking about. If both of my parents were born here and I was born here, how the hell am I an immigrant? My family traces back to late 1800's how can I be an immigrant? Most of the time people ought to only speak for themselves. You might be an immigrant, I am not and I believe many others are not either.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:35 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I gave you an example, and all you did was rant on about 'slave labor' and illegal immigrants. That example included the fact that born here people who were hired did not cut it. Do you remember that? Racist is suggesting all Hispanics are illegals.

Are they? Truly? I don't know any, but then, that is only the ones I know. Their work ethics exceed what I see driving through ghetto areas, where similarly aged youth are clearly not working.

But then, I don't know all Hispanics obviously.

I never mentioned the words "slave labor". No, racism is stating that Mexicans/Hispanics are superior to other groups and that's what you said. Has it ever occurred to you that our youth cannot get entry level jobs anymore because of the huge number of illegal aliens here that have taken them? No of course not your ethnocentric views are blinding you to the truth. Not to mention that many blue-collared American workers have been ran off their jobs by illegal aliens and have to know Spanish now to get a job at a lower wage. I don't have a problem with Mexicans here legally and that are working. That's not the issue but claiming that they are superior to other groups is just plain lame and racist.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmly planted in mid-air View Post

Mexicans are Hispanics culturally so perhaps it is you that should try and figure that out. Mexican is a nationality and Hispanic is a culture. If you were born here, no you are not an immigrant. There was no such thing as a Native American back then. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else including the ancestors of the so-called Native Americans.

I don't know what you are ranting about with your emergency room BS. Where did I say that I have a problem with minorities here legally, that assimilate and respect our laws? I DIDN'T! I am not left wing either I am a conservative. Maybe you should get over yourself and try some reading comprehension.

It's not me that has said anything about a group being better workers. It was another poster who said that Mexicans are superior. I don't have a problem with welfare for the truly needy "citizens" of this country so it's just another ramble of yours about something I never said. I am against anyone robbing us blind so just another rambling of yours about things that weren't even discussed under this topic.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I never mentioned the words "slave labor". No, racism is stating that Mexicans/Hispanics are superior to other groups and that's what you said. Has it ever occurred to you that our youth cannot get entry level jobs anymore because of the huge number of illegal aliens here that have taken them? No of course not your ethnocentric views are blinding you to the truth. Not to mention that many blue-collared American workers have been ran off their jobs by illegal aliens and have to know Spanish now to get a job at a lower wage. I don't have a problem with Mexicans here legally and that are working. That's not the issue but claiming that they are superior to other groups is just plain lame and racist.
I don't recall saying that Mexicans or Hispanics or superior, what I did say is that they were doing work that born here people were not willing to do, or did not have the work ethic to do it as well.

It is not uncommon for immigrants to succeed where people born in a country do not. The difference is that the immigrants see the opportunities, and the indigenous people who live in a country from birth, only see the entitlements.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I don't recall saying that Mexicans or Hispanics or superior, what I did say is that they were doing work that born here people were not willing to do, or did not have the work ethic to do it as well.

It is not uncommon for immigrants to succeed where people born in a country do not. The difference is that the immigrants see the opportunities, and the indigenous people who live in a country from birth, only see the entitlements.

No, you bragged about them being superior workers to Americans and what great family values they have. They are not superior to American workers and Americans have great family values also. I'll ask again just what jobs are they doing that people born here are not willing to do and lack work ethic?

Why are you stereotyping Americans as you did in your last paragraph? Only some Americans feel entitled but not the majority. Why do you prefer Mexicans/Hispanics over Americans? You can always move to the Hispanic country of your choice you know so you will have a whole country full of them to adore.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
No, you bragged about them being superior workers to Americans and what great family values they have. They are not superior to American workers and Americans have great family values also. I'll ask again just what jobs are they doing that people born here are not willing to do and lack work ethic?
soooo.... why are there legal Hispanics, many of them Mexican, getting jobs and doing well at them, and why are there ghetto dwellers who are not doing them? Why are there trailer park residents on welfare who are not doing those jobs? Legal immigrants are doing them, new to the country, but multi-generational welfare recipients won't do those jobs?

WHY NOT?

Quote:
Why are you stereotyping Americans as you did in your last paragraph? Only some Americans feel entitled but not the majority. Why do you prefer Mexicans/Hispanics over Americans? You can always move to the Hispanic country of your choice you know so you will have a whole country full of them to adore.
See above, why do people born here not take those jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events