U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 09:51 PM

563 posts, read 384,764 times

Advertisements

What utter nonsense. There would always be legal ports of entry and exit at our border. Talk about fear mongering.

Yeah. Odglory, reality can be scary.

Oh, really? All Republicans are obnoxious wealthy people? You lefties never miss a chance to stereotype and be insulting of the right, do you?

HA!

This is what happens when you watch too much conservative talk TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 09:53 PM

14,671 posts, read 9,728,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I don't completely believe this and don't believe that it is possible to accurately measure, but there is no doubt that illegal immigration has dramatically dropped and millions have returned home.
So Trump doesn’t have as a big problem on his hand as we thought. No need to “round them up”.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:55 PM

10,202 posts, read 6,093,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
This is an opportunistic report to elicit exactly the kind of reaction you see here. To fool people into a sense of complacency and disarm Trump. But it can also backfire. They are basically admitting now that deportation doesn’t have to be ugly. They are leaving themselves. Great. We can just expedite it.
Sorry, Pew has a stellar credibility, and would never lower themselves to what you suggest. It is one of the truly unbiased polling and research opinion organizations.

Go find another place to where your tin foil will work. I am SO embarrassed that my fellow conservatives are not only swallowing this crap, but spewing it with regularity.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:00 PM

14,671 posts, read 9,728,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Sorry, Pew has a stellar credibility, and would never lower themselves to what you suggest. It is one of the truly unbiased polling and research opinion organizations.

Go find another place to where your tin foil will work. I am SO embarrassed that my fellow conservatives are not only swallowing this crap, but spewing it with regularity.
And you stepped around my main point that self-deportation is not something to be laughed at. It is a viable instrument.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:04 PM

10,202 posts, read 6,093,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
And you stepped around my main point that self-deportation is not something to be laughed at. It is a viable instrument.
Did see that as your main point, but a denigration of Pew Research. I would not have commented otherwise.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:47 PM

563 posts, read 384,764 times
What utter nonsense. There would always be legal ports of entry and exit at our border. Talk about fear mongering.

Yeah. Odglory, reality can be scary.

Oh, really? All Republicans are obnoxious wealthy people? You lefties never miss a chance to stereotype and be insulting of the right, do you?

HA!

This is what happens when you watch way too much conservative talk TV.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:18 PM

4,196 posts, read 3,087,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
They come to work in the United States, make money, then return to their homes with funds to improve their quality of living.
No, they Western Union the funds home every Friday after they get paid. The forms are printed en Espanol and have a large Mexican flag in the background.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:32 AM

3,935 posts, read 5,589,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you lived in a border state like Texas you would not believe they are returning.

I don't buy it. Most Mexicans come and go. Now that Christmas is here they will go home for 3-4 weeks then return.
I don't buy it at all. I'll buy it when I go grocery shopping, and there's not groups of 15 of them, arguing in broken English to the clerk about something that they should be able to get on their SNAP card, and holding up the flipping line, all of them yip yapping to the frustrated clerk who has nothing to do with setting rules for SNAP, I'm sure.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:30 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,755,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

Illegals can live here easily by living several in one house and they do. They access our welfare coffers through their U.S. born kids. It supplements their income. They get free healthcare, etc. In many cases they are probably living better than your average poor American.
How can you be so sure?

Old 11-22-2015, 05:30 AM

1,261 posts, read 1,764,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
No, they Western Union the funds home every Friday after they get paid. The forms are printed en Espanol and have a large Mexican flag in the background.
----and this is why a federal withholding tax should be imposed on all out of the country's money transfers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or