Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 09:33 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times

Advertisements

Arab men are arrogant, violent, aggressive puffs. They need to be returned to the mid east and isolated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 09:38 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times
And as far as the whole 72 virgins thing is concerned.

If the ISIS guys are looking forward to each getting their 72 virgins.

The US should start bombing the hell out of them and help get those boys laid.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:01 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
And as far as the whole 72 virgins thing is concerned.
They won’t find them in the US.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:55 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
We've just taken a step back to the days after 9/11 when flights resumed. The paranoia has started up again.

Two men temporarily kept off US flight after speaking Arabic

Well don't worry, most likely before the end of the year we will have a new 9/11 to step back from in this country.

Than people like yourself will look up from your smart phone and say "I can't believe this happened here".

Old 11-21-2015, 11:48 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times
Quote:
We've just taken a step back to the days after 9/11 when flights resumed. The paranoia has started up again.

Two men temporarily kept off US flight after speaking Arabic
You got to be a special kind of stupid to speak Arabic in an American airport - especially when you have the ability to speak English.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:31 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
You got to be a special kind of stupid to speak Arabic in an American airport - especially when you have the ability to speak English.
With the current stage of paranoia, speaking any dialect of any language from Africa and the use of Hebrew would probably garnish nearly the same response.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well don't worry, most likely before the end of the year we will have a new 9/11 to step back from in this country.

Than people like yourself will look up from your smart phone and say "I can't believe this happened here".

I don't have to look up as I was in Manhattan for 9/11 and I fly so much that I was in the air within hours of the flight ban being lifted after 9/11. I don't give in to paranoia.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:02 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times
Quote:
With the current stage of paranoia, speaking any dialect of any language from Africa and the use of Hebrew would probably garnish nearly the same response.
Perhaps, but most Hebrew speakers in the US have a markedly different appearance than most Arabic speakers, which might lessen the tendency of others to regard them with suspicion.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Perhaps, but most Hebrew speakers in the US have a markedly different appearance than most Arabic speakers, which might lessen the tendency of others to regard them with suspicion.

Nope, After going through one up against the wall body search at LGA stopping wearing or carrying any religion type of items with any Hebrew no it. Have gotten used to a german sheppard sniffing me before I get on certain flights in the US.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:45 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,211 times
Quote:
I work at an airport.

Passengers have every right and reason to speak among themselves in whatever language works best for them.

An airport can be a confusing place, with 'hurry up and wait' here, there, and everywhere. It is perfectly normal and expected that people speak among themselves in whatever language best lets them keep their own family or travel party organised and comfortable.

Should we Anglophones be expected to speak French while going through a French airport? Chinese in China?

Do Americans feel compelled to speak Spanish when flying back home from Cancun?

Besides, it is typically the same sort of xenophobic "ugly American" who would get upset over hearing normal Arabic-speaking business travellers talking in their native language, as would get hysterical over some Sikh in a turban speaking Punjabi, or Mediterranean-looking Sardinians or Greeks speaking their own very European languages.

No, nobody should go around presuming to tell fellow passengers where to sit, or otherwise disrupting the standard protocols of orderly business.

Yes, everybody can speak whatever language they like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events