Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 08:30 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times

Advertisements

They kept this one pretty quiet, but apparently China is having some issues with violence and their Muslim minority.

It seems to me that everywhere that this ideology travels, it creates strife. Since the doctrine is one of dominance ( google Dhimmi ) there just is no place for it, except in Islamic lands.

Just some countries that have issues with Muslim majorities or Muslim minorities, including violence and terrorism.

Israel
USA
Russia
England
France
Mali
Phillipines
China
Sweden
Spain
Turkey
Indonesia

There's a problem, folks. Here's the China story.

Morning Call
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 09:13 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
I can't finish the article on that link, popup issue. They appear to be talking about an attack in a mining town. I remember an Al Qaeda group carrying out a mass stabbing attack a couple of years ago. Seems like it was a train station, more than a hundred injured and 40? killed. Yes, I'd say they have a problem too.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:18 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
I think we should encourage all terror groups to go to China and kill innocent people. Then the terrorists will find out who the amateurs are. The surviving terrorists will wish they had been waterboarded.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:22 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
Xinjiang province has Uyghur (East Turkestan) separatist movement which is supported by the US and Turkey. Like the other hot spots, it's rich in oil reserves.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:26 PM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
My 22 year old has been keeping tabs on this far closer than I, he tells me China has declared war on Isis (will read article next)). If true (lol, mom has to vet everything), this is fairly astonishing. I can't remember the last time every military and financial super-power agreed on anything.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:52 PM

922 posts, read 805,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Xinjiang province has Uyghur (East Turkestan) separatist movement which is supported by the US and Turkey. Like the other hot spots, it's rich in oil reserves.

Spot on! There are two groups of Muslims in China, the other one, the Hui has been pretty peaceful. This "Islamic Terrorism" is just another opportunity for China to clamp down harder on the Uyghurs. Most Han Chinese don't like them all that much, when the oil is depleted maybe they will have their independence.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:56 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,285 times
They've had a bit of a problem for awhile now but have been able to keep it largely out of the press. There was a pretty significant terrorist attack in one of the western provinces the day before (or the day of - I forget) the Olympics opening day in 2010. Beijing managed to keep that our of the media despite every reporter in the world being there.

You can do that when your central government controls the media.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:13 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Yeah, this is no secret. There was a stat that surprised me on the news the other night. Apparently ISIS has attacked (killed?) citizens from all of the permanent members of the UN Security council.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:20 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
My 22 year old has been keeping tabs on this far closer than I, he tells me China has declared war on Isis (will read article next)). If true (lol, mom has to vet everything), this is fairly astonishing. I can't remember the last time every military and financial super-power agreed on anything.
Uyghur fighters have been going to Syria to form brigades to fight against Assad. If Syria falls, the various fighters will go to Xinjiang province next or Iran. In Syria, you find many fighters who fought in CIA-backed revolutions elsewhere in Chechnya, Georgia, Ukraine, Dagestan, Libya, ...

https://theintercept.com/2015/07/13/...d-leader-isis/

The government of Thailand captured 100 Uyghur, who were trying to get to Turkey and then to Syria, and deported them back to China. Subsequently, there was the bombings in Bangkok which were traced back to Turkey.

Last edited by lchoro; 11-22-2015 at 08:52 AM..

Old 11-22-2015, 08:20 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
The Uyghurs have perpetrated several attacks that have been reported on. China held a public execution of some of them in a stadium last year so all the victim's families could watch. I spent almost a month in Shanghai and Beijing last spring and security was tight everywhere. No hopping on a subway without passing through a security checkpoint while I was there. I never once felt unsafe, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events