Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 05:11 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times

Advertisements

This is typical when a person intends to sue. Ask for a settlement amount or we will go to court. I think they are asking way too much. It's hard to see any damages from this incident considering the kid got to go meet leaders around the world, has the attention of MIT, Google, Facebook, etc., and got a scholarship and expenses paid trip to Dubai. What are his damages? I don't think a jury would award them nearly that much, if they award him anything at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 05:15 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
This is typical when a person intends to sue. Ask for a settlement amount or we will go to court. I think they are asking way too much. It's hard to see any damages from this incident considering the kid got to go meet leaders around the world, has the attention of MIT, Google, Facebook, etc., and got a scholarship and expenses paid trip to Dubai. What are his damages? I don't think a jury would award them nearly that much, if they award him anything at all.
Great points. What damage, is right? The media was even on his side, spreading his "woe is me" version of the story to the world.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:23 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Omg talk about a leap of the imagination.
Not really. The Mohameds are a political family (the father ran for president of Sudan twice) and they're tight with a known war criminal who has tried to exterminate the non-Muslim/non-Arab peoples of Sudan:
Ahmed Mohamed: US 'clock boy' meets Sudan leader - BBC News

If they are awarded any money, make no mistake some of it will benefit anti-democratic, pro-Islamic causes.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:33 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Not really. The Mohameds are a political family (the father ran for president of Sudan twice) and they're tight with a known war criminal who has tried to exterminate the non-Muslim/non-Arab peoples of Sudan:
Ahmed Mohamed: US 'clock boy' meets Sudan leader - BBC News

If they are awarded any money, make no mistake some of it will benefit anti-democratic, pro-Islamic causes.
How does meeting with the president of Sudan make them "tight" with him? Wasn't he the one Ahmed's father ran against twice for the presidency? Now, I suppose it's possible he ran against a friend to give a dictator an opposing party in the election, but I haven't heard that accusation. It's also possible that the only person brave enough to run against a dictator is one who lives in another country. I think the dad ran his campaign remotely.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:44 PM

743 posts, read 766,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Made possible by the law offices of Laney and Bollinger.

No one talking about how these cheezballs jumped on the bandwagon?
They may as well have hired Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:48 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Looks like he's gonna clean their clock!
Ha!

Old 11-23-2015, 06:03 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,918,389 times
His family should be told to go back where they came from.

Oh, hold it.

They did or said they would. What a farce!

Old 11-23-2015, 06:29 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times
I hope the city doesn't settle on this. Take it to court and make them work for it. Hopefully the judge just tosses it.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:47 PM

400 posts, read 575,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
This kid will be awarded something. Many things were done by the school district and the police that were not correct procedures. The fact that he was still suspended after no bomb was found to exist and his clock was indeed a clock shows the districts bias alone. His damages, suspended from school based on a false arrest, arrested and questioned without his parents or a lawyer. Death threats and harrassment because of his false arrest based on his religion. His private school records were even released by the public school district. There was a LOT wrong with this situation that should have been a nothing situation.

Letters demand $15 million, say Irving officials worked to smear Ahmed Mohamed after clock arrest | | Dallas Morning News

Old 11-23-2015, 07:50 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
I say this as a Jew, he probably has a liberal Jewish lawyer looking for a big payday, Murricahhh rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events