Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 12:42 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
I have made no comment on the protester at the Trump rally and if he was assaulted it is not justifiable.
Plenty of C-D brethren have had no problem saying the assault was justified, "without all of the facts or videos".

Quote:
So they showed up thinking they were at risk of being assaulted, it now sounds like they were. Go figure. Again without the video it is really impossible to say. If they were being assaulted force is justified. If they were not force is not justified. You and I lack the information to make any judgement on the matter. You dont appear to have any problems making up the story for yourself tho.
If they were so "at risk" to the point that they showed up with bulletproof vests and armed, then why would they show up to begin with? Like I said, be naive if you want to.

And I'm not making anything up. It's called common sense. Some have it, some don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Well based on the actions of BLM in the past, these guys showed up prepared
Prepared for what?

Exactly.

They were looking for a fight.

Otherwise, why even put yourself in that position, "based on the actions of BLM in the past"?

Old 11-24-2015, 12:45 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Plenty of C-D brethren have had no problem saying the assault was justified, "without all of the facts or videos".

If they were so "at risk" to the point that they showed up with bulletproof vests and armed, then why would they show up to begin with? Like I said, be naive if you want to.

And I'm not making anything up. It's called common sense. Some have it, some don't.
Why show up? Why protest? What country do you think this is? They do not need a why.

The question is simple. Were they assaulted? Did they face disparate force? Than they are justified. Were the not assaulted? They were not justified.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:51 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
There IS a video posted on YouTube that shows BLM 'protestors' explaining what happened. I tried to post it earlier but it was removed because it contains offensive language (or at least I suspect that's the reason).

The 2 guys in the video explain what happened:

1) Three guys were filming the BML gathering

2) The BLM types told them to stop filming and remove their masks. Then they chased them off.

3) The BLM types then again approached the 3 men and physically assaulted (punched) at least one of the 3 men.

4) At least one of the 3 men pulled a gun and fired, presumably in self defense.

Since I can't link to the video directly (and I understand why) here is a link to a site that has the video and other details:

5 Shot In Minneapolis After #BlackLivesMatter Protesters Surround, Attack And Chase Group…Update: Video Of The 3 People Being Surrounded By BLM, BLM Say Turn Cameras Off…Update: ‘White Supremacists’ Included Asian, BLM Had Bee

That seems like a case of self defense.

Last edited by Tyster; 11-24-2015 at 01:10 PM..

Old 11-24-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Why show up? Why protest? What country do you think this is? They do not need a why.

The question is simple. Were they assaulted? Did they face disparate force? Than they are justified. Were the not assaulted? They were not justified.
Do you just put yourself in potentially harmful situations for no reason? Seriously, step back for half a second, and think about everything in this story for a second.

The first question isn't were they assaulted, it's did they knowingly incite and insitate the protesters, in order to feel justified to use "deadly force".

If this was the middle of the day and some random, unarmed guy was beat down just because he was white, then every since one of those BLM protesters are scum and should be thrown in jail for it. But these guys showed up armed and ready, which leads me to believe they were either there to instigate or at least expecting some sort of altercation.

And of course, the same benefit of the doubt wasn't given to the heckler at the Trump rally. Surprise, surprise.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:04 PM

1,069 posts, read 711,534 times
Quote:
Prepared for what?

Exactly.

They were looking for a fight.

Otherwise, why even put yourself in that position, "based on the actions of BLM in the past"?
Again, all the facts are not in, but, per BLMs own spokesperson, BLM initiated the confrontation by sending 12 members over to "herd" away these white protestors....why were they trying to herd them away? Because they were white?

Old 11-24-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
There IS a video posted on YouTube that shows BLM 'protestors' explaining what happened. I tried to post it earlier but it was removed because it contains offensive language (or at least I suspect that's the reason).

The 2 guys in the video explain what happened:

1) Three guys were filming the BML gathering

2) The BLM types told them to stop filming and remove their masks. Then they chased them off.

3) The BLM types then again approached the 3 men and physically assaulted (punched0 at least one of the 3 men.

4) At least one of the 3 men pulled a gun and fired, presumably in self defense.

Since I can't link to the video directly (and I understand why) here is a link to a site that has the video and other details:

5 Shot In Minneapolis After #BlackLivesMatter Protesters Surround, Attack And Chase Group…Update: Video Of The 3 People Being Surrounded By BLM, BLM Say Turn Cameras Off…Update: ‘White Supremacists’ Included Asian, BLM Had Bee

That seems like a case of self defense.
If it was self defense, then everyone involved, regardless of affiliation, needs to be thrown in jail.

However, the guy who fired off the gun may have shot a protester(s) who was not involved in the "chasing" of the guys filming the gathering, so he shouldn't get off scot-free. Let's not be ridiculous.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Do you just put yourself in potentially harmful situations for no reason? Seriously, step back for half a second, and think about everything in this story for a second.

The first question isn't were they assaulted, it's did they knowingly incite and insitate the protesters, in order to feel justified to use "deadly force".

If this was the middle of the day and some random, unarmed guy was beat down just because he was white, then every since one of those BLM protesters are scum and should be thrown in jail for it. But these guys showed up armed and ready, which leads me to believe they were either there to instigate or at least expecting some sort of altercation.

And of course, the same benefit of the doubt wasn't given to the heckler at the Trump rally. Surprise, surprise.
Do I? No. I dont speak for others tho. Unless they threatened them inciting them means quite literally nothing. Many Americans are armed on a daily basis, myself included. Does that mean I am looking for a fight?

Old 11-24-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Again, all the facts are not in, but, per BLMs own spokesperson, BLM initiated the confrontation by sending 12 members over to "herd" away these white protestors....why were they trying to herd them away? Because they were white?
Why did the other protesters show up armed? Because the other protesters were black?

Who's to say they went to herd the other protesters away because the other protesters were acting suspicious or curious as to what they were up to? Don't complain about the race card being pulled, and then turn around and play the race card when "all the facts are not in".

Old 11-24-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Why did the other protesters show up armed? Because the other protesters were black?

Who's to say they went to herd the other protesters away because the other protesters were acting suspicious or curious as to what they were up to? Don't complain about the race card being pulled, and then turn around and play the race card when "all the facts are not in".
Why is showing up to a protest armed a bad thing? Last protest/rally I attended was a pro -gun one here in MA. Pretty much everyone was armed. So what?

Acting 'suspicious' is not justification for assault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events