U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:31 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,554,762 times

Advertisements

Wow, way to let society hold you down. I'm Asian and we rose above the profile we got as immigrants. The key is to study hard instead of fighting hard. You'll change your image. I wish the black people luck, maybe a new approach to your problem would make a huge difference.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:35 AM

11,759 posts, read 5,213,572 times
The difference between white and black racism towards each other (we know EVERYBODY is a racist to some degree, and that's human nature) is that racism against blacks is often backed by institutional power. Because whites hold way more positions of power (e.g., employment/hiring/promotion/firing, school/entrance/grading, and government) than blacks, they are in a position to adversely affect a black person's life in a major way.

Mick

Old 11-24-2015, 08:36 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,269,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
Just because you married outside your race does not mean that your not racist....and does not give u a free pass to make racist comments.
I am white male married to a black Hispanic beauty. What I can confirm is that racism is alive and well. My wife and I witnessed racism from both white, black and Hispanics. Which is why I think racism is not exclusive to white people.
Was that to me????

If so........I openly say I am a racist.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:38 AM

10,396 posts, read 8,354,967 times
Yeah and the anointed one has made all the better.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The difference between white and black racism towards each other (we know EVERYBODY is a racist to some degree, and that's human nature) is that racism against blacks is often backed by institutional power. Because whites hold way more positions of power (e.g., employment/hiring/promotion/firing, school/entrance/grading, and government) than blacks, they are in a position to adversely affect a black person's life in a major way.

Mick
That's proportional though. Blacks in my opinion should be focused on quality, not quantity. There are blacks in every high position in the country. If you have the quality, quantity will naturally follow but, angry representation will hinder growth. If you look for trouble you'll always find it, I see a lot of them looking for a racist.

They focus on all the wrong things, these groups that try to represent any way. They are just creating fear. People will now react by avoiding or getting angry. This long standing feud solves nothing. It's like the Hatfield and McCoy feud, it's been so long now people are ignoring it.

Just my opinion of course.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:05 AM

387 posts, read 253,455 times
Slavery and Jim Crow were not "uniquely" awful (compared to what other groups have endured) so I don't buy that excuse whatsoever....MANY (and I mean many) groups/race/ethnicities/religious minorities have suffered at the hands of others throughout history....African Americans are not "special" in this way by any means.....If you think not being able to sit at the front of the bus is the epitome of persecution/horror than you are ignorant on the realities of the world....You should see what minorities have to deal with in other countries.....

I personally do not dislike Black people, so I'm not trying to diss them but as a history buff I can't stand liberal garbage..

Last edited by NY to Chicago; 11-24-2015 at 09:21 AM..

Old 11-24-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Slavery and Jim Crow were not "uniquely" awful (compared to what other groups have endured) so I don't buy that excuse whatsoever....MANY (and I mean many) groups/race/ethnicities/religious minorities have suffered at the hands of others throughout history....African Americans are not "special" in this way by any means.....If you think not being able to sit at the front of the bus is the epitome of persecution/horror than you are ignorant on the realities of the world....You should see what minorities have to deal with in other countries.....

I personally do not dislike Black people so I'm not trying to diss them but as a history buff I can't stand liberal garbage..
Yes, and let's not leave out that half of this country didn't own slaves and they helped abolish it. This was a section of America, not it's entirety.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:24 AM

387 posts, read 253,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Yes, and let's not leave out that half of this country didn't own slaves and they helped abolish it. This was a section of America, not it's entirety.
Not to mention all the Whites who immigrated to the US from Europe AFTER Slavery was over.

Which for me (being of Italian descent) includes my entire family....

Old 11-24-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Not to mention all the Whites who immigrated to the US from Europe AFTER Slavery was over.

Which for me (being of Italian descent) includes my entire family....
Same with me. Again, I think what they choose to focus on is way off.

Last edited by PoppySead; 11-24-2015 at 10:23 AM..

Old 11-24-2015, 09:33 AM

9,336 posts, read 4,748,920 times
It's CNN, what do you expect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or