Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 06:05 AM

465 posts, read 418,082 times

Advertisements

Racism is a 'big problem' to more Americans, poll finds - CNN.com

Old 11-24-2015, 06:18 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,569,273 times
I've witnessed plenty of racism being exhibited on both sides. Its not just a white on black thing. There are many racists blacks as well. Using slavery and segregation that happened back when is no excuse for a black to be racists towards whites today. Blacks today have the same opportunities that whites do.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:30 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I've witnessed plenty of racism being exhibited on both sides. Its not just a white on black thing. There are many racists blacks as well. Using slavery and segregation that happened back when is no excuse for a black to be racists towards whites today. Blacks today have the same opportunities that whites do.
I agree!!!!

I will openly say all the whining, riots, and protests has made ME a racist.

But, that is not a problem to me..........I do not need a job and can live in an area with people that look like me.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:40 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,311,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I'm sorry this is just not true. There are racist Blacks but the majority of it comes from whites, that's just fact. Blacks do not have the same opportunities. A black person with a college degree is still twice as less likely to be hired than a white person with a degree. So you're telling me thats " the same opportunity"? It's not an opportunity when you have an employer biased against you especially in the business world. It's not an opportunity when police single you out. I'm speaking facts and I don't even follow all of that black lives matter crap. The biggest lie is that equality actually exists.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:45 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,377 times
The thread just started and already it's turning into a shootout, lol. ;(

And I agree with post #5 up until the very last statement.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:49 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
I am a female in a 99% all male profession.

Trust me........I know discrimination.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:51 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,569,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
I'm sorry this is just not true. There are racist Blacks but the majority of it comes from whites, that's just fact. Blacks do not have the same opportunities. A black person with a college degree is still twice as less likely to be hired than a white person with a degree. So you're telling me thats " the same opportunity"? It's not an opportunity when you have an employer biased against you especially in the business world. It's not an opportunity when police single you out. I'm speaking facts and I don't even follow all of that black lives matter crap. The biggest lie is that equality actually exists.
Maybe there are more racist white because whites in this country outnumber blacks by a large margin.

I don't know about you but I work in a corporate environment where it's predominately black. Even many of the higher ups are black.

Those blacks claiming to not have the same opportunities probably didn't apply themselves to obtaining a higher education. Same goes for people of all nationalities. I myself chose to pursue a higher education while a friend of mine chose to hang in the streets getting high and drinking. He got caught up and now has a criminal record. Is there any mystery as to why he won't be favored over me if we were to both apply for the same position?

Old 11-24-2015, 07:12 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,550 times
Qualified blacks don't have any trouble finding jobs. These protesters are still going to be crying in 10 years when they learn their handout African Studies degrees don't get them a job.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:24 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,986,300 times
49% say racism is a problem. The other 51% are white.

I kid I kid.

I personally hate threads like this. Yes, there are those out there who are racist and they will always be racist no matter what they are told or shown. Then there are those out there who think that EVERYONE is racist towards them no matter what truly happened. So, for some, racism will always be a problem.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:29 AM

465 posts, read 418,082 times
Just because you married outside your race does not mean that your not racist....and does not give u a free pass to make racist comments.
I am white male married to a black Hispanic beauty. What I can confirm is that racism is alive and well. My wife and I witnessed racism from both white, black and Hispanics. Which is why I think racism is not exclusive to white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events