Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:52 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I don't consider it a miracle. I just don't care what THEY consider it because it doesn't concern me, and they have suffered unimaginably thinking their baby was going to die. At the least she has gone through painful and debilitating cancer treatments, at an incredibly young age. I'm not judging them. I'm sure they thank the doctors and nurses every day for all their help and support, but if they want to think the Pope had something to do with this, so be it. It's their life, their sick kid.

A miracle isn't something that happens all the time, btw. Hence the word "miracle." Most religious people in my experience actually don't believe that the Pope or a saint, even Jesus, has all healing powers and can fix everyone without fail. In my experience being raised Catholic, it is believed to often be very random and depend on the character of that person the miracle is performed on. The faith is complicated stuff, never the same for everyone, and people that believe in it certainly aren't stupid. I'm just saying I don't judge them and I certainly won't call them stupid. It's that condescending attitude I dislike about people who don't believe.
Haha you described perfectly what a miracle is.
It's so random that even those who do it are amazed themselves.
It's a random coincidence.
Just think of it.
Religious gurus, popes, monks whatever bless millions and somehow someone gets cured and they call it a miracle but not a random coincidence.
hahaha...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 10:27 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,783,666 times
Well... Yay. Happy for baby and family.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:10 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Haha you described perfectly what a miracle is.
It's so random that even those who do it are amazed themselves.
It's a random coincidence.
Just think of it.
Religious gurus, popes, monks whatever bless millions and somehow someone gets cured and they call it a miracle but not a random coincidence.
hahaha...
Sure. You can think what you want. So can this family. Neither of you deserve judgment IMO.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:14 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Obviously, I'm extremely happy for this baby and the family. But my wife had a cyst in her brain for years, that completely disappeared on the last set of imagery. You can see the void where the cyst once was, but the cyst itself is gone. And oddly enough she's never met the pope. Far as I know, I'm the only one who's kissed her head in the last several years. Can't explain it, but - well, there it is anyway.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:03 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
I would be willing to bet even the Pope thinks he had nothing to do with this happy outcome.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:22 AM

723 posts, read 1,004,678 times
Smile Pope Francis is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Parents: Our baby's tumor shrank after kiss from Pope - CNN Video

It was an inoperable tumor, and it was growing, and the doctors had informed the parents that their baby had limited time to live.

Then the baby received a kiss from the Pope.

The next brain scan showed the tumor barely detectable. Doctors have no scientific explanation how the baby's tumor shrank.

The baby is becoming coherent and expressive. The dad said, "Before we were living in honor of her. Now we can begin to enjoy living with her."
Most Amazing Pope Ever!
We are witnessing a living Saint!
He is touching so many people and re-invigorating a Catholic church that was well on it's way to becoming almost irrelevant in the eyes of many.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:42 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
God heals. And we have the power of God to use in His name if we believe. Whatever He chooses to do, it's to glorify His kingdom. Giving God the glory for this one.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:46 AM

13,483 posts, read 9,024,194 times
The Pope is probably like those MUTO creatures from 'Godzilla' & eats radiation for breakfast...

Old 11-25-2015, 07:47 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
Most Amazing Pope Ever!
We are witnessing a living Saint!
He is touching so many people and re-invigorating a Catholic church that was well on it's way to becoming almost irrelevant in the eyes of many.
You have to wonder though how he is being received by the hard-liners?

I work with one and they even had the "No Cafeteria Catholics" bumper sticker.

However, the hard liners whole belief system is tied into the pope so I imagine they'll not fuss too much.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:49 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
This pope is one cool dude even though I doubt he shrank a tumor. He still is better than any pope I've seen in my lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events