Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 08:17 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times

Advertisements

The naysayers don't have the timeline right.
The baby had already received all that treatments could do.
Upon completing treatments, doctors said she had weeks to live
then she was kissed by Pope Francis.
Therefore the possible miracle is not debunked.
Miracle on Market Street? Tot's tumor shrinks weeks after encounter with Pope Francis - The Morning Call
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 08:21 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The naysayers don't have the timeline right.
The baby had already received all that treatments could do.
Upon completing treatments, doctors said she had weeks to live
then she was kissed by Pope Francis.
Therefore the possible miracle is not debunked.
Miracle on Market Street? Tot's tumor shrinks weeks after encounter with Pope Francis - The Morning Call
Miracle my a$.
That's how Christians are made stupid for centuries and declare saints.
Do that maybe a million times and prove it.
Popes bless millions anyways so why only random coincidence in miracle?
There is no yay or naysayers.
All will be yaysayers if they can do it for all, not just a hit by lightning kind of miracle.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
Most Amazing Pope Ever!
We are witnessing a living Saint!
He is touching so many people and re-invigorating a Catholic church that was well on it's way to becoming almost irrelevant in the eyes of many.
I think I have a herniated disc.
Maybe Pope's touch can heal me.
Hell, I'll even quit my job and become a monk if he can do it but OH it only happens randomly and to a totally random person and also one in a billion... so chances are pretty bad.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:34 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Miracle my a$.
That's how Christians are made stupid for centuries and declare saints.
Do that maybe a million times and prove it.
Popes bless millions anyways so why only random coincidence in miracle?
There is no yay or naysayers.
All will be yaysayers if they can do it for all, not just a hit by lightning kind of miracle.
The facts don't care about your opinion.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:35 AM

605 posts, read 491,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Sure. You can think what you want. So can this family. Neither of you deserve judgment IMO.
The beliefs of others can be compared/judged for credibility/validity. Believing this tumor shrinkage was a Pope-induced miracle is cute, childlike, quintessentially religious, but not rational. That is true even if the shrinkage is otherwise currently unexplained (hence Unsettomati referencing "spontaneous regressions")

Old 11-25-2015, 08:36 AM

605 posts, read 491,237 times
Quote:
His opinion cares about the facts. The facts do not support this being a miracle, nor have they ever supported any event in the history of the universe being a miracle.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
That's so oxymoron.
That's what I'm after.
Facts...
Prove it and show the fact, line up patients and treat each one.
Don't say a totally random coincidence a miracle.

Actually, I burped and then the rain came.
It's a miracle. It was a drought here until I burped.
I burped many times but at one random burp, rain came so it's a miracle.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:43 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times
lmao at people that actually believe god is healing them.

tell you what, uber-christians. next time you make a post on facebook about how it was a miracle by god that saved this or cured that, why not just skip the hospital visit altogether? after all, these doctors aren't doing anything. it is god's touch that is curing you.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:52 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcnkwcz View Post
The beliefs of others can be compared/judged for credibility/validity. Believing this tumor shrinkage was a Pope-induced miracle is cute, childlike, quintessentially religious, but not rational. That is true even if the shrinkage is otherwise currently unexplained (hence Unsettomati referencing "spontaneous regressions")
It doesn't bother me in the slightest what these parents think happened. They've been to hell and back with their sick baby, I can only imagine. Chemo is tough on adults, I cannot even imagine how difficult it is on a baby and for parents to see their sick baby like that. Surgeries as well.

I don't know why it bothers other people so much.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:59 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It doesn't bother me in the slightest what these parents think happened. They've been to hell and back with their sick baby, I can only imagine. Chemo is tough on adults, I cannot even imagine how difficult it is on a baby and for parents to see their sick baby like that. Surgeries as well.

I don't know why it bothers other people so much.
Very well put. Some people obviously have a huge chip on their shoulder when it comes to anything related to religion and will do their best to discredit other peoples beliefs.
These parents and their little baby have been through hell and the only concern I see from some is how to discredit what they may or may not believe. Why does it bother some so much if it gives comfort to these parents to believe what they do? Are they hurting anyone? The Pope never said he was a saint or a miracle worker did he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events