Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 01:18 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,363,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If aliens have their own version of Discovery Channel, it likely features humans during Black Friday.

Deep calm narrator voice:
"...and then the bipedal mammals congregate around their watering holes, spontaneously engaging in displays of territorial behavior and quarreling in order to hoard items with which they attempt to attract mates annually. Note the stomping, swiping and aggressive posture as these creatures attempt to assert their strength."
On the plus side, that might just keep those aliens from wanting to invade our planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 01:25 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,164 times
Lol I'm working in retail on black Friday and it's nothing like that here

Old 11-27-2015, 01:58 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,467,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Common sense tells you that there are a limited amount of those special deal items....so if you pull up and the line is hundreds of people long....WHY WOULD YOU WAIT?

I've never shopped Black Friday. If I saw crowds like that anywhere, I'd leave. That doesn't excuse the stores from exposing their employees and customers to this type of danger.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:01 PM

7,077 posts, read 8,937,659 times
I work in retail and my store opened at 6AM on thanksgiving day, I worked the night before from 11PM until 8AM, we were open overnight, I worked from 11PM until 7:30 this morning. We were crazy busy but we did not have any out of control incidents. There is a reason these things always happen at Wal-Mart, just look at who goes there.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:15 PM

1,069 posts, read 711,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I've never shopped Black Friday. If I saw crowds like that anywhere, I'd leave. That doesn't excuse the stores from exposing their employees and customers to this type of danger.
It's the customers that are causing the dangerous conditions....that is like blaming the electric company because your child stuck a fork in the outlet and got zapped

Old 11-27-2015, 03:19 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,112,566 times
What is this, 1995? Why is anyone shopping for Christmas gifts at brick-and-mortar?

Time is money. If you spend hours driving to and back from the store, and lining up for opening and cashing out, how much is that worth in dollars per hour? Plus gas, parking, and so on.

Mick

Old 11-27-2015, 03:49 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
It's safe to say the higher a person's IQ, the further away they stay from such nonsense.

Edited to clarify the above statement does not pertain to employees working BF.

Last edited by shadowne; 11-27-2015 at 04:11 PM..

Old 11-27-2015, 04:04 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
No it isn't, unless the person buying the flat screen tv beats someone over head with it on the way home. But using the car dealer example, if the dealer was selling 2 brand new Lexus for $5 grand each but only on a certain day, and was preceded by a month long ad campaign, you would have the same senario. That was my point, the stores create the demand with huge discounts for a limited quantity starting on a specific day. That's going to bring out the worst kind of behavior from customers... almost guaranteed.
Well, notice where these brawls are happening. It isn't at the Lexus dealer, and it isn't even at the Walmart near a middle class neighborhood. These news people set up in areas where people are most likely to brawl, and I agree that the retailers are huge instigators of it by offering a limited supply of items for low prices. On the other hand, some of these people would never have the ability to purchase these items without the extreme discounts.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:21 PM

5,888 posts, read 6,093,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, notice where these brawls are happening. It isn't at the Lexus dealer, and it isn't even at the Walmart near a middle class neighborhood. These news people set up in areas where people are most likely to brawl, and I agree that the retailers are huge instigators of it by offering a limited supply of items for low prices. On the other hand, some of these people would never have the ability to purchase these items without the extreme discounts.
St Matthews, KY is a pretty middle class suburb.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:45 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,540,655 times
I did notice not a lot people out last night. We went to target to pick up an PS4 for $299, not only did they have about 25 left 2hr after they were open, tame and hardly anybody there.
This same deal was online so I think people took advantage of that and saved time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events