Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 03:59 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
...Uh no idea what you're rambling about, but instead of jumping into discussions you shouldn't, how about you go back and educate yourself on the attempted cover ups...
...And that is my point.

All the knuckleheads who are running around screaming about a 'cover-up' have no idea what it takes to bring a murder case to trial. I do. Been there; done that.

Chapter 38 is the Illinois criminal code.

Elements of the offense - and there are many - are what the prosecutor has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Each and every one of them. And the evidence she submits must be admissible.

You can look at a dash cam video and instantly declare guilt in your perfect world of what you think constitutes idealism, but the law here in the US, and reality, requires just a little bit more.

So sit down and color - while the professionals go about their jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 04:11 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,201,954 times
Chicago is such a nasty, outright smelly dirty dangerous pit. Once a great place to visit, now a third world sub-Saharan-style mess. I wouldn't go anywhere near there.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:16 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,235,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Do you have any idea how many OTHER Chicago police have committed murder and gotten away without charges? I'd be willing to bet that the only reason this one got charged is that BLM has already made some inroads in how Chicago views its rogue cops.

Laquan McDonald's Shooting Is Just The Latest Episode In Chicago Police's Brutal History
My bet is no where near the number of blacks killed by blacks in gang turf wars in Chicago, but like you, I am changing the subject...

The interview I commented on was about the specific incident of the knife wielding kid being shot 16 times, and the specific cop who shot him facing no consequences according to an interviewed protester in Chicago as the justification and reason for the protests today. That is an idiotic statement. The cop has been charged with first degree murder.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:19 PM

35,060 posts, read 31,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Chicago is such a nasty, outright smelly dirty dangerous pit. Once a great place to visit, now a third world sub-Saharan-style mess. I wouldn't go anywhere near there.
Most of it is okay, what's bad is utterly awful and really ruins the image of the city.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:25 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,235,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Either the protester misspoke or was taken out of context, but you seem to fail to understand the complexity of the attempted cover up, which is far more concerning. Like the poster you quoted alluded to, it's the cover up. Not difficult.
Or there is a third option: the protester was a moron; my initial assertion.

You keep saying there was a cover up as if that is a proven fact. Has some one been charged? Because obstruction of justice is criminal conduct. Or are you making a lot of assumptions based simply on the fact that it took a while to work through the internal review, DA review, and grand jury process, and a muck raking press has been presenting only facts that are the most inflamatory and support their agenda?

Old 11-27-2015, 05:41 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,495,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Sad to see they basically have to break down everything they can come into contact with.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/black-frid...162448952.html
I think they jumped the shark a while back, but so what. It's still their constitutional right to protest.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:55 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,577,728 times
Chicago - following in Detroit's footsteps......

Old 11-27-2015, 05:57 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,704 times
When will our black children be able to be criminals without getting harassed by police?

Old 11-27-2015, 05:59 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,037,287 times
The guy had a knife. He had PCP in his system. He had a long criminal record....and yet, because he's black, he's the victim?

Old 11-27-2015, 06:09 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,333,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
The guy had a knife. He had PCP in his system. He had a long criminal record....and yet, because he's black, he's the victim?
He's probably the victim because of the whole cop murdering him and then police department covering up thing. Just saying.

I usually stand up for the cops, but this incident seems pretty clear cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events