Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 04:18 AM

1,110 posts, read 895,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
...the anti-abortion agenda - that's the political element of this attack. It's murderous violence with a political agenda. .
I always find it incongruous that the right to lifers think that it is acceptable to kill the living

I also find it incongruous that most of the anti abortion attackers are men

I find it incongruous that the right to life movement does not advocate for better birth control

What's up with this???

My husband thinks that the movement is about keeping women down...and in their place.

If he is correct, who are we to criticize Islam for its treatment of women? We are but steps away from a right wing Christian Caliphate .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 05:28 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
You find such a cut and dry thing complicated? PP exists because of fed funds. Without fed funds PP would be 5/8th the organization this is. There would be fewer abortion providers as a result of this.

those funds are for other services-- what makes people so deluded to accept the truth-- FED money goes for medical services not abortions? --

Old 12-01-2015, 05:36 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
those funds are for other services-- what makes people so deluded to accept the truth-- FED money goes for medical services not abortions? --
Because the Christian right fueled by that "exposé" can't see beyond the end of their nose and even some thing other clinics are better served for these.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:41 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,803,391 times
Remember Josh Feuerstein? He was the guy who launched the tantrum over the red Starbucks cups (part of this year's installment of whining over a non-existent War on Christmas). Anyway, he supports the killing of people who work at Planned Parenthood clinics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=7YlDK_rT5XQ

Quote:
Planned Parenthood has hunted down millions and millions of little innocent babies, stuck a knife into the uterus, cut them, pulled them out, crushed their skull with forceps, ripped their body apart, sold their tissue, and threw them bleeding into a trash bin.

I say, tonight, we punish Planned Parenthood. I think it’s time that abortion doctors should have to run and hide and be afraid for their life.
I wonder if he includes non-workers, random passersby, and first responders? Probably not... but he also probably doesn't give a rat's rump if his incitement leads to their murders.

You can't have it both ways, zealots. You can't liken abortion providers to Nazis, liken abortion to murder, and then be astonished when people take up arms against those providers. One leads directly to the other.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:47 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
The vast majority aren't killing, bombing, protesting or threatening anyone however, 33,839 arrest for interfering or disrupting legal abortion operations is a sizable number. Remember the wave of anthrax threats against abortion clinics? Hundreds of clinics and abortion rights groups were sent Federal Express packages containing a powdery substance and, in some cases, a letter signed by the Army of God indicating that the substance was anthrax.

Can you share a reference for this number? Thanks.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:05 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So what was the weapon he used and where did he obtain it? All I've seen was that it was" initially thought to be a long gun", then it was assumed to be an assault style rifle. That was just as it happened. Then days later, nothing. I hate it when they sit on the facts of some of these cases and with others they go crazy with every last bit of minutiae they can report. Also, has anybody wondered if the reason he moved to Colorado or at least owned property there was because they legalized pot? They've tried to dig up some instances where he spoke against abortion and was against Obama, but haven't released much of his backstory and what there is of it doesn't really make anything clear about him. Other than he was crazy. Come on, media. Stop sucking.
The scanner feed I listened to referred to an AK, with which he paced back and forth positioned at his waist "in the ready position." Those were the words used by a LEO who was monitoring the shooter through the on-site security cameras. Right before he surrendered, there was mention that he had laid his weapons on the receptionist's desk, which sounds like he may have had a second weapon. He also carried several parcels with him into PP, which were suspected of being bombs, but the only follow up in the hours after the shooter's arrest were that they were no longer considered a threat.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Remember Josh Feuerstein? He was the guy who launched the tantrum over the red Starbucks cups (part of this year's installment of whining over a non-existent War on Christmas). Anyway, he supports the killing of people who work at Planned Parenthood clinics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=7YlDK_rT5XQ

I wonder if he includes non-workers, random passersby, and first responders? Probably not... but he also probably doesn't give a rat's rump if his incitement leads to their murders.

You can't have it both ways, zealots. You can't liken abortion providers to Nazis, liken abortion to murder, and then be astonished when people take up arms against those providers. One leads directly to the other.
And people wonder why I lost respect in S.E. Cupp for thinking rhetoric isn't the problem.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:39 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
I always find it incongruous that the right to lifers think that it is acceptable to kill the living

I also find it incongruous that most of the anti abortion attackers are men

I find it incongruous that the right to life movement does not advocate for better birth control

What's up with this???

My husband thinks that the movement is about keeping women down...and in their place.

If he is correct, who are we to criticize Islam for its treatment of women? We are but steps away from a right wing Christian Caliphate .....
Most attacks of all types are done by men simply because men are more violent.

Your first statement is ridiculous.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:23 AM

8,050 posts, read 7,416,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You may not be against it, but there are plenty of people who equate some forms of contraception with abortion. I did not ever select you out personally. Don't know where you got that idea.
I got the idea that you were at least nominally replying to me by the fact that you quoted my posts in your replies. There are "plenty of people" who believe in UFO's and that Tupac faked his own death, and all that is irrelevant.

I understand that you need to prop up the bogeyman of pro-lifers being anti-birth control, but most are quite normal.

Most people practice birth control of one kind of another, at one time or another, and most people are against abortion, and most people are not extremists.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:37 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,908,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Can you share a reference for this number? Thanks.

National Abortion Federation – Violence Statistics & History
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events