Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 07:49 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Okay, so he looks like a lowlife. Then he pulls out a credit card with a woman's name on it and uses it to buy one soda? And the clerk didn't ask to see his driver's license? WTH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
How awful for the victim but at least the moron who raped her increased the odds of him being caught by using her credit card immediately after. What idiot doesn't know that most businesses have security cameras at the registers?
The idiot is the deli clerk who sees a lowlife pull out a credit card with a woman's name on it, to use to buy one soda, and s/he doesn't ask to see his driver's license? WTH?

Old 11-29-2015, 07:52 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
The idiot is the deli clerk who sees a lowlife pull out a credit card with a woman's name on it, to use to buy one soda, and s/he doesn't ask to see his driver's license? WTH?
I don't know. If he/she had asked for the license before completing the transaction, wouldn't he just leave without the soda. This way at least the transaction was made with a date and time stamp and security footage obtained.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
The majority of New Yorkers have no one to blame but themselves for voting in de Blasio. He is such an idiot.
A rape in this country is reported every several minutes, I heard on tv recently.

It's all over the country. Not just in NYC.

Men are very angry at women these days for some reason.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I don't know. If he/she had asked for the license before completing the transaction, wouldn't he just leave without the soda. This way at least the transaction was made with a date and time stamp and security footage obtained.
He'd still be on security footage with a date and time stamp.

But I suppose you're right in that that wouldn't help with catching him.

But if clerks asked for that, it might stop SOME of the robberies, if it weren't so easy to use the credit cards.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:02 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
A rape in this country is reported every several minutes, I heard on tv recently.

It's all over the country. Not just in NYC.

Men are very angry at women these days for some reason.
I know, but certain crime stats like sexual assault have increased since de Blasio was voted in. Coincidence? Maybe. I think his view on cops has something to do with increased crime.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:11 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I know, but certain crime stats like sexual assault have increased since de Blasio was voted in. Coincidence? Maybe. I think his view on cops has something to do with increased crime.
Pension fairy coming tomorrow. Thousands coming in two weeks as well!! ! NYC drowning in their liberal utopia!!!! Only getting worse!!! So nice being off weekends and holidays!!! I will read the articles!!

Old 11-29-2015, 08:16 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
You gotta be a pretty good MMA student or carry some conceal weapon if you dare to even jog in Manhattan alone.

Just because NYC area is gentrified doesn't mean scumbags can't walk on the same area. Manhattan may not resemble the 90s but the crime is still very much alive and happening.

Once again, if concealed weapons are allowed this perp would be out cold by now. NYC has the dumbest gun laws where all the bad guys have weapons of all types and terrorizing the citizens that are held by un-constitutional gun laws.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:38 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
I can't positively rep my fellow retired officer again just yet, but he's right.

Stop and frisk was based on SCOTUS law - Terry v. Ohio (1968). It took deBlasio (sp?) to unwind it. Result? Just look at the crime stats (if you are a quantitative criminologist) along with the statements of officers (if you are a qualitative criminologist).

They both say the same thing: Cops will go to a reasonable length to stop crime, including giving their lives if necessary, to protect the populace. But if the government that hires them won't let them use the tools that the law provides them to do their jobs, then the cops aren't going to go out there and just die for no apparent purpose.

This isn't really that difficult to figure out...
If someone hypothetically didn't have any warrants out for their arrest, but planned on raping someone how would SQF prevent that from happening?

And since you mentioned stats, how about the stats that show annually the majority of people SQF'd are found innocent of any wrongdoing?

That blame Deblasio for the Milky Way Galaxy's problem mantra isn't working. The very same crimes were committed (at similar, if not higher rates) while Mayor Bloomberg was in office, and he along with Ray Kelly allowed officers to use their "tools".

Old 11-29-2015, 08:48 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
If someone hypothetically didn't have any warrants out for their arrest, but planned on raping someone how would SQF prevent that from happening?

And since you mentioned stats, how about the stats that show annually the majority of people SQF'd are found innocent of any wrongdoing?

That blame Deblasio for the Milky Way Galaxy's problem mantra isn't working. The very same crimes were committed (at similar, if not higher rates) while Mayor Bloomberg was in office, and he along with Ray Kelly allowed officers to use their "tools".
All due respect I feel that there were numerous times I prevented a crime from happening just by pulling up to someone and asking what is going on. You would be surprised that a perp knowing that you are out there watching stops a lot of bs happening. Now cops don't even bother to stop. Cops keep driving. Hey its not the cops problem its the innocents problem. Either way after 20 pay me!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events