Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 08:32 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I am more than a little familiar with the 4 Sunni Madhabs of Sharia and can not find anything like that in any of them. Under Sunni the only Sharia recognized are the 4 Madhabs Maliki, Hanafi, Hanbali and Shafi'i.

If you can find that in any of the 4 Madhabs, please let me know. I am still a beginner and have only been studying Islamic jurisprudence for 3 years.

The site you are linking to is anti-Islamic disguised to look like it is Islamic. To learn what Sharia actually is one must study the Madhabs.Sadly there are people who will believe that site is an authority on Islam and Sharia.
Forget this site, if you can provide a pdf link to Umdat al Salik, I will find the same in it. It is absolutely part of Sharia Law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 08:57 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
To be fair, I'd do the same thing if my (imaginary) 14 year-old daughter got a tramp stamp, and that would have nothing to do with Islam.

Mick

But you don't have a 14 year old daughter. So your "analogy" is pointless. What you would do if you really had a 14 year old and raised her for 14 years, and held her in your arms as a baby and a little girl vs. you imaginary 14 year old daughter, in other words you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:58 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,375 times
It actually wasn't his daughter, he has 2 kids who are under age 5. The girl he beat wasn't his daughter but was possibly the daughter of a family member, or a family friend.

https://www.facebook.com/youssifzo

You can see on his FB page. He is/was a professor at Mizzou in Missouri! A professor!!!

He's from Benghazi, Libya. How fitting, right?

Libya is one of the worst of the M.E. countries for women's rights. Women have absolutely no rights there and are treated exactly like animals.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:59 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
I don't know why you people refuse to see the danger that Islam poses? Look at how they treat their women? Even the so called moderates dress up their women like tents! Don't you think that this is a very damaging way of treating women and marginalizing people? Just go into the Islam subforum and look at the comments they make about wanting everyone to convert "for their own good" and that peace will not be achieved until the entire world converts to Islam.
Don't you apologists see anything wrong with this line of thinking? What if it was your daughter, sister, or wife? What would you do?????
I'm not an apologist. And I'm a female atheist. I think all religious people are deluded, and most of the people who are very devout want to marginalize someone like me. But there's an awful lot of such folks out there, and the People of the Book and other worshipers of fantasy worlds have every right to their delusions by the fundamental standards of our country.

And I do know quite a few actual and truly moderate Muslims, who are far less alarming to me than the evangelicals and Orthodox Jews I know. They, for example, don't think I should marry and stay home, want to make legislation about how much control I have over my own uterus or limit the right of my gay friends to marry, etc.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
A moderate muslim wouldn't do that.

Sounds made up.

No, I'm not going to click on the link.
LOL. Look at his FB profile for yourself then:

He and his friends make references to Allah in Arabic on the page, but he doesn't wear the traditional Muslim garb or beard. He sure looks like a moderate Muslim to me!

Old 11-29-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Not here, they can't.
Oh, but they do. They already have, and they will continue to do so as more stupid Muslims colonize our once free country. IN fact the DOJ says they are on the rise in the USA:

Islamic Honor Killings in America On The Rise - Katie Pavlich

AHA Foundation: Fighting Honor Killings in the United States - The Atlantic

Honor killing in America: DOJ report says growing problem is hidden in stats | Fox News

It's only Muslims who do this to their own children, btw.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:03 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Millions of women worldwide are 'forced' to wear the hijab by their Muslim family or their Government.

In Muslim societies if you are not wearing the hijab, you were asking for it.

Exhibit # 1 and Exhibit # 2.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:10 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Spare the rod, spoil the child. I think it's in Proverbs.
What does that have to do with Muslims? They don't follow the Bible.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:19 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Forget this site, if you can provide a pdf link to Umdat al Salik, I will find the same in it. It is absolutely part of Sharia Law.
Umdat al Salik (Reliance of the Traveller) is not part of Sharia although some people that follow the Shafi'i madhab of Sharia incorporate it into the madhab, which is Bidah (An innovation) and a very serious sin. It is also followed by some radicals such as the Wahhabi

However even the Umdat al Salik is not as radical as that website. Except for the Shafi'i school of Islamic Jurisprudence none of the other 3 Madhabs consider it to be fiqh. An introduction to the Shafi'i madhab can be read here.

An Introduction to Shafi'i Madhhab

It is pretty much summarized in the Umdat al-Salik, which you may want to read and compare to that website it can be read online in PDF format here

Reliance of the Traveller and Tools for the Worshipper.FREE ONLINE PDF

If you wish to read some other books about Islam from an Islamic site go here

Free eBooks in English

If you want to know what we actually believe I suggest also going to Islamic sites instead of just the hate sites. I advise all people to exam all things from all available sources and perspectives.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:24 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
LOL. Look at his FB profile for yourself then:

He and his friends make references to Allah in Arabic on the page, but he doesn't wear the traditional Muslim garb or beard. He sure looks like a moderate Muslim to me!
Out of almost 1000 friends on fb, not one of them is western. I found 1 Thai girl. Everyone else is arabic / muslim. Many are dressed in their ridiculous costumes. He has been in the US since at least 2008 (according to LinkedIn). Talk about not assimilating. Not assimilating is how extremists are bred. This is alarming and would raise a lot of red flags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events