Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 07:51 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,442,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Just imagine what would happen if the shooter was black and the victim was white. I can hear the erection at Fox News already.

Hmmm ... I've been to a few rodeo's, cattle brandings, and calf/pig castrations, but I have never heard the sound of an erection. Please be so kind as to tell me what to listen for.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Have you read the posts here- espescially the "cockroach" type comments or the "he deserved it" type comments? Half of the posters seem to be sexually aroused that a 13 year old received de facto capital punishment for burglary of a car.
sexually aroused?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why did he have to shoot at the kids? Couldn't he have fired a shot over their heads to scare them off?
And just where would that bullet go? Where would it land?

Seems to me that a little girl in Ferguson was on the receiving end of an un-aimed bullet.

Both of these post are down-right silly.

El Nox

Old 12-02-2015, 09:06 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,761,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife
Black man shoots and kills another black. No charges. Why the fuss? Since when does black on black violence become noteworthy?

Had the shooter been white, there would be riots already, calls for justice, demands for prosecution.

Instead, silence.
I agree..... ALL LIVES MATTER!!!!!

Yes this boy shouldnt have stolen but he didnt deserve to die!!

Old 12-02-2015, 11:05 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,534,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I guess the moral of the story is don't steal

Prosecutors called the boy's death a "a terrible tragedy" but said "Missouri law regarding a homeowner’s right to protect himself and his property is complicated."

Like many US states, Missouri's so-called castle doctrine allows for the use of lethal force without the "duty to retreat" if someone feels threatened. Such laws have been interpreted to also allow for the use of deadly force to defend property and have been used to attempt to justify shooting fleeing thieves, with varying degrees of success.

No charges after US boy, 13, shot dead for stealing
Well, they have a law that allows use of guns to protect your property. And there wasn't just one, there was more than one teen at the car. And the shooter was older (60), so a fist fight wouldn't have worked out well for the older man.

D.A.s often don't take cases they can't win. I doubt any jury would have found the property owner guilty of a crime.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:28 PM

110 posts, read 86,307 times
Oh darkness. Oh darkness. Roll over me tonight...
Where do we go now?

That kid made a stupid error in judgment and paid the price for it. I absolutely believe the shooter should walk free.
I also think it's lamentable 13 y.o. kids are caught burglarizing in the middle of the night. Where have we gone. Is this the society we want to leave for our kids?

This saddens me enormously. I'm sad for the person who shot a kid, I must imagine he must feel like crap for shooting a kid. I feel sad for the kid as well, how did he get on that path of self destruction?

This is the end. We are slowly but surely going down a slippery slope and there seems to be no way of turning back...

Old 12-03-2015, 12:10 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,241,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Hmmm ... I've been to a few rodeo's, cattle brandings, and calf/pig castrations, but I have never heard the sound of an erection. Please be so kind as to tell me what to listen for.

El Nox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=166RgqZWIG0

Old 12-03-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Gotta hand it to you ... you have proven beyond all doubt that your posts remain (and I'm being PC polite here) stupid and rude. What a pity.

El Nox

Old 12-03-2015, 01:37 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,153,068 times
I think the article is misleading. The 13 year did not steal anything nor was attempting to steal anything.

Near me we have had a rash of folks who walk around and see if car doors are unlocked. If so they take stuff from them. If locked they move on.

Breaking into a car and taking something is call B&E and Theft. Two crimes.

Entering an unlocked car is not B&E and for most part you cant be charged with stealing something. It is usually possession of stolen property a minor crime. Sometimes they can hit you with Trespassing but only if caught inside unlocked vehicle.

In this case the kid never left car so not possession of stolen property and certainly not stealing.

If a cop was walking by he could only be charged with Trespassing and most cops would just give him a warning.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:06 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,241,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Gotta hand it to you ... you have proven beyond all doubt that your posts remain (and I'm being PC polite here) stupid and rude. What a pity.

El Nox
If you don't like it, I'll take that as a compliment. You asked a question. I provided an answer.

And you're not being PC polite. There's a little ignore button if you don't like it.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
If you don't like it, I'll take that as a compliment. You asked a question. I provided an answer.

And you're not being PC polite. There's a little ignore button if you don't like it.

Hmmm ... great advice. I suggest you take it.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events