Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 09:01 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times

Advertisements

There Are 72 DHS Employees on the Terror Watch List | www.independentsentinel.com

Want to be many of them have guns?

On Sunday, Obama said the USA must not do away with our values.

Our values are found in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Our values allow for citizens who are not barred from owning guns through due process to be able to buy and own guns.

How much faith do you have that you won't be put on some watch list by accident? Ask the 72 DHS employees.

BTW, DHS stands for Department of Homeland Security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 09:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Well those 72 should be immediately arrested and fired from any government job.

We don't employ "terrorists" do we ?
Also arrest the Congressmen that are on that list because we don't want terrorists running our government.

Maybe having to fire and arrest their own people due to an unvetted list may prompt them to actually fix it.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:35 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Also arrest the Congressmen that are on that list because we don't want terrorists running our government.

Maybe having to fire and arrest their own people due to an unvetted list may prompt them to actually fix it.
Why not? Obama hired a Muslim man who openly supports Hamas.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:41 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:

That won't happen. There is great value in being able to put people on a terror watch list or a no-fly list; it allows for those lists be to be used for purposes other than providing or enhancing security.

For all the words Obama put out on Sunday, especially concerning American values and such, lists used by who knows whom for who knows what reason goes right against what he said.

Do we need such lists? Absolutely IMO.

Unless we have tens of thousands of people on such lists, why can't they be brought in or arrested and run though our courts and given the rights our brave military fight to protect? If they are found to be guilty of something, penalize them according to the law. If suspected of doing something, then watch them all you want but do not start taking away the rights of individuals based on hearsay or just because someone in a cubicle doesn't like your last name or thinks you vote contrary to their desires.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:23 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Wow, things just get more unbelievable here in Amerika every day.

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D., Mass.) disclosed that a congressional investigation recently found that at least 72 people working at DHS also “were on the terrorist watch list.”
“Back in August, we did an investigation—the inspector general did—of the Department of Homeland Security, and they had 72 individuals that were on the terrorist watch list that were actually working at the Department of Homeland Security,” Lynch told Boston Public Radio.

“The [former DHS] director had to resign because of that,” he said.

DHS continues to fail inspections aimed at determining the efficiency of its internal safety mechanisms, as well as its efforts to protect the nation.

Lynch referred to a recent report that found the Transportation Security Administration, which is overseen by DHS, failed to stop 95 percent of those who attempted to bring restricted items past airport security.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:27 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:

Arrested for what charge? They're on a watch list because there's nothing for which they can be arrested, genius. There is information to the extent that they bear watching but nothing actionable. Are you really this ignorant of how basic criminal justice functions? Rhetorical question - you needn't bothering affirming it.

Oh, and you can't just fire someone from a government job without cause. I guess that's a revelation to you, too...

Old 12-07-2015, 04:57 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,977,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Arrested for what charge? They're on a watch list because there's nothing for which they can be arrested, genius.
I think if you read the last sentence in his post again, you'll realize HappyTexan was being sarcastic. He's grumbling about the stupidity of using the terrorist watch list for anything more substantial than, well, watching.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:00 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I consider "No-fly" and "terrorist" watch lists to be a clear sign that the , for want of a better word, Fascists are succeeding in transforming our government into a tyranny. These people do not care about American Security but are very concerned about terrifying our own people. Generally terrified people do not make sensible decisions but succumb to need for instant security regardless of the actual effect on their real security.

If we must track the activities of individuals we have to inform the individuals that they are being tracked and they have a procedure for having their names removed from any tracking list. A similar situation applies to recording messages and phone calls. I have no problem with keeping the records but I insist the government agencies provide a Court with the reason and evidence for actually listening to those conversations. Tracking the conversations for key words or phrases is acceptable and would provide reasonable evidence for a Warrant for further investigations.

On a personal level I could care less if some government agent is reading these comments or whatever I say on the phone. I am not so stupid that I would ever use a traceable communication method if I were plotting revolution.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:00 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,977,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Unless we have tens of thousands of people on such lists...
Apparently there are around 1 million names currently on the watch list (down from an earlier 3 million). Which tells us how dumb it would be to use the list for anything substantial, like stopping people from flying, or prohibiting them from owning guns. So of course we'd never do anything as dumb as that...

Old 12-07-2015, 05:06 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
I mean if one in 300 Americans are on the list, I get a feeling that the list doesn't contain only terrorists or could be terrorists but things like people with mental diseases and maybe certain criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events