Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 02:14 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,361,785 times

Advertisements

I actually like Moe's SW Grill better than Qdoba and it was equal with Chipotle before I realized you can't spell Chipotle without E C O L I. For the same price you get chips and queso dip and they have more topping options like olives, cilantro, and tomatoes w/o onions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 04:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,720,852 times
I like MOEs also!!!!!! (Better than taco bell)

Old 12-13-2015, 05:43 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,069,091 times
The bigger mystery is why these outbreaks don't occur more often - hate to generalize, but the quality of people working minimum wage jobs at fast food place is . . . . spotty. But it's not just fast food. Ask any restaurant kitchen worker . . . they have seen some things.

Mick

Old 12-13-2015, 10:36 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,049,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The bigger mystery is why these outbreaks don't occur more often - hate to generalize, but the quality of people working minimum wage jobs at fast food place is . . . . spotty. But it's not just fast food. Ask any restaurant kitchen worker . . . they have seen some things.

Mick
Jesus Christ! I've eaten food out of people's hands in third world countries and never gotten sick. Wtf is wrong with your guts?

Old 12-14-2015, 07:13 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,460,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not in my view. I went there once out of curiosity. Very good chicken sandwich, and the lousiest "French fries" I ever ate...in fact, I threw most of them away. Trouble is, some of you mix the Christian aspect in and think it eqates to exceptional food. And, to be honest, what is particularly Christian about fast food, other than they close on Sundays.

I'll take Chipotle any day...at least I did up until this recent spate of suspicious bouts of illness.
I love their fries. Not sure what you expect out of French Fries. Like any other chain restaurant you could have gone to one that is not as good or at a bad time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I live in Baja (Rosarito) and never eat at any of the fast food places.....as a matter of fact not even at any Restaurant.

When living in Mexico City (Mexican wife) she had a sandwich stand and I would go with her to a large mkt place that sold meats/veggies etc in bulk...bananas on a stock...you get my drift.

Anyway she would buy this yellow looking FAT for frying needs. She would fry me a couple of eggs with that FAT and I would have the runs six hrs later every time without fail....using butter no problems.

Reading all the problems on this thread I shy away from any veggies being the problem considering they would be accessed locally and not from out of state.

Other ingredients used in the prep would be my best guess.
That yellow fat is lard. There was probably nothing wrong with the lard but since you had not easten it much it probably gave you the runs. If you kept eating it that would go away. This often happens with a change in diet. I had it happen when I went in the Army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
The primitive country is Ireland. I don't believe we have any monkeys there, just some Leprechauns. Perhaps one of them could put a spell on you, and send you on your way to the dirty downtown Portland Chipotle. I think it would be quite fitting, for someone with your joyous personality. Your comments seem rather odd just because someone doesn't want to eat, in a dirty Chipotle in downtown Portland. That's my prerogative. I have a very difficult time eating out as it is. Let alone a Chipotle.
I really do not care if you eat anywhere or not. It was your pot-shot at Americans that got my ire up. Like the Irish are better. There have literally been more monkeys in space than pure Irish. LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
You want to eat at Chipotle be my guest. I'm sorry to say, but yes Americans do follow the crowd. They always have. I don't believe its a crime or an insult. Have a nice day.
And Irish people like to follow Americans. LOL You followed us here.

Who did we follow to the moon? Not the Irish?

Have a mature day.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:38 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,687,589 times
Hey, the Irish have Conor McGregor. Best MMA fighter alive.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Hey, the Irish have Conor McGregor. Best MMA fighter alive.
UFC, based in the United States. Follower.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
UFC, based in the United States. Follower.
Don't be that guy

Old 12-14-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Don't be that guy
Dude comes onto the American Internet and calls all Americans followers. But that is not even the best part, he followed us over here.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Dude comes onto the American Internet and calls all Americans followers. But that is not even the best part, he followed us over here.
You're right. We should all stand guard and sing in unison "We're Not Going To Take This Anymore" and march towards Ireland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events