Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 09:23 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
That's uncalled for... (I don't like BLM either because their protesting in the wrong places but no need to jump to unnecessary conclusions)
I don't think she made a racist comment at all, but was trying to stress diversity, If she made the same about blacks in a large company I would fully support her, unless of course she was talking about a small company from a predominantly white region then of course no. Same with any other race or ethnicity.
Love your user name!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 09:45 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
So talks about diversity are racist? Interesting......
Forcing a specific racial makeup as opposed to the merit based hiring / promotion is racist. Which is informatively the new "normal".

Old 12-15-2015, 09:47 AM

5,342 posts, read 6,164,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well she did point out they were White.

We WERE supposed to be moving towards colorblind not color specific.
Perhaps your interpretation was we should be moving to a more colorblind country, however the majority, believe we should be moving towards a more inclusive and accepting society that understands the cultures and diversity other viewpoints offer.

It's called Multiculturism, not colorblindness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
She said she would absolutely hire blacks over whites no matter what. There goes your theory.
You will have to show me where she said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Forcing a specific racial makeup as opposed to the merit based hiring / promotion is racist. Which is informatively the new "normal".
Where do you get that promoting diversity is forcing a specific racial makeup? Go look at the racial and gender makeup of the executives of Sam's Club. Show me again, where they are forcing a specific racial makeup.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:52 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times
Not buying anything from there anymore.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Perhaps your interpretation was we should be moving to a more colorblind country, however the majority, believe we should be moving towards a more inclusive and accepting society that understands the cultures and diversity other viewpoints offer.

It's called Multiculturism, not colorblindness.

You will have to show me where she said that.

Where do you get that promoting diversity is forcing a specific racial makeup? Go look at the racial and gender makeup of the executives of Sam's Club. Show me again, where they are forcing a specific racial makeup.
When you are in a room to talk business, you talk business.
You don't go thinking that the other company has no Blacks or women and decide to give that other company's CEO a call to talk about it.

That is discrimination. She can "demand" diversity in her company but she's stepping out of bounds to demand it in others.
What she's preaching is reverse racism.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:07 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
She said she would absolutely hire blacks over whites no matter what. There goes your theory.
Apparently that's not true. From the article:

Quote:
Critics are claiming that Brewer's remarks are evidence that she advocates against employing and hiring white men — even though four of the eight people on her executive team are white men.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:12 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
So talks about diversity are racist? Interesting......
Soooo, if I walk into a company meeting and see 3 Asian women....I should call the owner up to discuss their lack of diversity and it's just a "discussion"?

After the CEO stated that they encourage\pressure their suppliers to be diverse?

Have you ever worked in a corporate setting?

Old 12-15-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Apparently that's not true. From the article:
They may have been there way before she got there.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:15 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They may have been there way before she got there.
So you don't actually have any evidence for the actual results of her hiring practices.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:18 AM

Good article on this..Walmart, owner of Sam's Club doesn't practice what it preaches.
Sam's Club is a division of Walmart. They are not their own company.

Sam
Brewer gets on CNN and crows about how she lives her commitment to diversity. I think most of the Left would see her for what she is: A token. She undoubtedly worked hard to gain her position, but to spew such platitudes about white males in the business world while working for a lily-white-founded, lily-white-run company in the cutthroat backstabbing world of retail is the height of hypocrisy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events