Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 12:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
we are saying that WE do not celebrate it in a christian and/or religious way. NOT that it does not have anything to do with christianity! seriously! you don't get that? you were talking about people saying CHRISTMAS does not have anything to do with CHRISTIANITY. i still don't see where anyone said that. they, and me too, have said they don't celebrate it in that way. it is secular to them. not that it is not a religious holiday. get it?
There is not one person who has a scintilla of knowledge about Christmas who would say it's not Christian, or at a minimum, of Christian origin. And no matter what else it is, IT'S NOT JEWISH, or Muslim or Hindi, or a part of ANY OTHER RELIGION!

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 12-30-2015 at 12:39 PM..

Old 12-30-2015, 12:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well show some proof Santa is a Christian symbol. Show me where he is celebrated in scripture, in the church, or where it is taught that that mythical figure is representative of God or Jesus.

There are no other posters names on my quote, just yours.
Your argument is similar to that of some Christian congregations that don't celebrate Christmas at all! In addition, some say that about crosses/crucifixes, e.g. the LDS (Mormon) religion. http://jesus.christ.org/questions-an...s-wear-crosses

I had to go back and fix the quote so it showed up correctly.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:22 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
There is not one person who has a scintilla of knowledge about Christmas who would say it's not Christian, or at a minimum, of Christian origin.
exactly my point. so you agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events