Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 04:48 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
A bus in Kenya was captured by a Muslim extremist group. The Muslim passengers refused to separate themselves from the Christian passengers when ordered to so that the latter could be slaughtered. The terrorists left when no one would comply with their order.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35151967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
Thanks for sharing! It's good to see something positive given the hysteria that's spreading in the US around Islam.
The point is we need more displays of that kind of decency from Muslims. The Muslims need to isolate their malignant militants and treat them like the cancer they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 06:00 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
Can JW become a Christian? absolutely, but they would give up following the JW modification of the bible and the watchtower publications. Same as Mormons. They claim to be Christians also but most of them have never read God's word. They read and study the Book of Moron which has 0 biblical context.
You are so full of crap it's not even funny. For starters, on a Pew Research poll last year, Mormons scored higher than either Catholics or Protestants on knowledge of the Bible. Mormons read and the study the Bible constantly, and we know what it says. So much for your "moronic" post.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:47 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Good story. But these Muslims would be banned from entering the U.S if the Republican frontrunner wins, correct?

Somebody remind me why?
Because of hatred, bigotry, and stupidity.

Anyone who's a big fan of the idiotic "keep duh Muslims out of our nation!" nonsense should look up the Know Nothing Party from the day's before the Civil War:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing

"The Native American Party, renamed in 1855 as the American Party, and commonly named Know Nothing movement, was an American political party that operated on a national basis during the mid-1850s. It promised to purify American politics by limiting or ending the influence of Irish Catholics and other immigrants, thus reflecting nativism and anti-Catholic sentiment. It was empowered by popular fears that the country was being overwhelmed by German and Irish Catholic immigrants, whom they saw as hostile to republican values and controlled by the Pope in Rome. "

So, we've been down this path before... why have we learned nothing in over 150 years?

Old 12-21-2015, 07:51 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Not really. This one incident will be outnumbered by about 100 bad-muslim incidents by the end of the week.
Therefore, my opinion of muslims and islam will not change.
If you honestly believe any of those terrorists are actually Muslim than I pity you.

They are no more religious than the "Christian" nuts who slaughtered countless in the Crusades, or the various factions of "Christianity" that squared off in Northern Ireland, or the KKK or the Lord's Resistance Army. Get a clue.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Good story. But these Muslims would be banned from entering the U.S if the Republican frontrunner wins, correct?

Somebody remind me why?
They have their country to save......does this mean nothing to people. Why are you so interested in young men leaving their home country. They need to stay and fight along with the Christians, if they don't, who will......the United State's soldier?

Old 12-21-2015, 09:28 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You are so full of crap it's not even funny. For starters, on a Pew Research poll last year, Mormons scored higher than either Catholics or Protestants on knowledge of the Bible. Mormons read and the study the Bible constantly, and we know what it says. So much for your "moronic" post.
Mormons are not JW's.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:53 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Muslims are not Christians. That's nonsense.

Christ is mentioned repeatedly in the Koran but Muslims view him as a prophet, not the savior He himself claimed to be. There are other differences as well.
There are differences in divinity claims but Christ=the messiah is a commonality.

A Merry Christmas present from our Kenyan brothers against the evil ones.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:20 AM

589 posts, read 696,295 times
Beautiful. They're all heroes in my book.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:32 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Those are the true Muslims. Moreover they are true humans - uniting as humans against monsters.

I'm actually surprised the terrorists just gave up and left though rather than murdering them all.
If I didn't know more about this Kenyan terrorist group, I'd be surprised with you. But, unlike other terrorists, Al Shabab has long targeted Christians (and often sparing Muslim lives) in their effort to create an Islamic state in Kenya. I think they spare Muslims (or have in the past . . . after this incident I question whether they will continue to do so) as they don't want the entire country being against them. They figure that they can't have Muslims against them if they are to succeed in creating their Islamic state. But, thankfully, Kenyan Muslims in this case didn't stand for any of it and risked their lives to save their fellow man.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:10 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Mormons are not JW's.
No kidding. The quote I responded to said that Mormons "claim to be Christians also but most of them have never read God's word."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events