U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 02:03 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,829,175 times

Advertisements

What if they refer to them as Xe is that a issue of separate but equal and still fined?

Should they fine the writers of constitution for using men in a gender neutral manner? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 02:07 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,768,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
A fine of a quarter of a million dollars because someone in a business was uncertain about how to address a transgendered person is justified? That's "hate"?

Total nonsense. And insanity.
lets not forget that this is the same city that banned 16 oz sodas >.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:15 PM

8,270 posts, read 2,454,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I did not dispute your argument with the government. It's your right to dissent.

I do think calling a transgender person by their biological pronoun to their face when they obviously are living as another gender is unnecessarily cruel.
It's not unnecessarily cruel. It's not even possible. The only pronoun you can call someone to his face is "you".

Old 12-28-2015, 02:18 PM
gg

17,962 posts, read 18,293,120 times
Why is it every time I see some dumb story like this and do a search on it, there is NEVER any credible sources. NEVER! I guess if Stormfront is credible or the OP's dumb link we can believe it? Hardly.

Wake up people. Show me PROOF of this nonsense! PROOF!

Old 12-28-2015, 02:22 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,506,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
People aren't uncertain. They do it on purpose. See above.

That said, I don't advocate people be forced into being respectful of others. It's unfortunate however that they can't be empathetic without coercion.
Really? I'm uncertain about how to address a transgendered person and I used to work with one. And almost everyone I know is equally uncertain about how to address them. Based on THAT alone we should get fined? No.

And what does 'does it on purpose' mean? What transpires in that interaction? And do transgendered people get special protection for their fragile feelings?

The easy solution to this is simply not to interact with transgendered people.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:29 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,185,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Why is it every time I see some dumb story like this and do a search on it, there is NEVER any credible sources. NEVER! I guess if Stormfront is credible or the OP's dumb link we can believe it? Hardly.

Wake up people. Show me PROOF of this nonsense! PROOF!

I couldn't find a credible source on the first 4 pages of Google, BUT I did venture into one of those garbage sites that those 4 pages were made of, and found this link:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/downloa...Guide_2015.pdf

Fines are at the bottom.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:21 PM

241 posts, read 147,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
If anyone has noticed all the bigotry, derrogatory names, misgendering and outright hatred of trans people on CD and the near daily threads on the topic which seems to consume so many, and the fact that like 30 TG people have been murdered this year alone, then quite probably this law is necessary to provide some tiny protections from the hate. I for one welcome it.
CD is overwhelmingly conservative. I've been on the political forums and see it for myself.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You're a bully, and the hate's coming from you. We have every right to say anything we want to anyone, any time, anywhere. You -- with your use of the government to exert control over us -- are the bad guy here.
No.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's far-left liberal insanity like this that will get Donald Trump elected to the presidency.
Trump's big mouth will take him down sooner or later. His investments in the Middle East have already taken huge hits due to his muslim statements.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:27 PM

12,698 posts, read 10,541,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Really? I'm uncertain about how to address a transgendered person and I used to work with one. And almost everyone I know is equally uncertain about how to address them. Based on THAT alone we should get fined? No.

And what does 'does it on purpose' mean? What transpires in that interaction? And do transgendered people get special protection for their fragile feelings?

The easy solution to this is simply not to interact with transgendered people.
It's not that hard. You address them by the gender they identify as.

Bob becomes Brianna, you call her a her. Brianna becomes Bob, you call him a him. Not difficult at all.

I simply don't believe you when you say that "almost everyone you know" is unsure about how to address them. It's really not difficult. Someone walks up to you and shakes your hand, introduces herself as Brianna, then Brianna is a her, even if Brianna looks like a man. Brianna says she's a she, so she's a she. Simple.

The "easy solution" is to stop with the bigotry and call the person how they wish to identify. A transgender person is not going to change his or her mind and go back and forth. It's simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or