Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 02:11 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times

Advertisements

Liberals are just mad that most modern-day terrorists are left-wing lunatics. That's no fun. The last great white conservative home-grown terrorist they could fap to was Timothy McVeigh. They need a new, fresh boogeyman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 02:11 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
I'm confused- exactly what race were the San Bernadino shooters? Since Muslims can be any race, are the killers not considered to be white?

Um...they were white. Which shows us how nuts SLJ is. He has a history of ranting about (among other things) what he considers to be injustices towards Muslims. So he probably meant to say that he wished they weren't Muslim.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:20 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
They were white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Um...they were white. Which shows us how nuts SLJ is. He has a history of ranting about (among other things) what he considers to be injustices towards Muslims. So he probably meant to say that he wished they weren't Muslim.
Not white.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:27 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Not white.
They aren't Asian or black. They are white unless you intend to create another racial group. In my mind there is no such thing as race but because society likes to place people in groups ... they are definitely white.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:32 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
They aren't Asian or black. They are white unless you intend to create another racial group. In my mind there is no such thing as race but because society likes to place people in groups ... they are definitely white.
I could say everyone other than the eskimos and people from Qatar are really aboriginal Australians but that wouldn't make it so. Those folks aren't white and your insistence to the contrary won't change that.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:38 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I could say everyone other than the eskimos and people from Qatar are really aboriginal Australians but that wouldn't make it so. Those folks aren't white and your insistence to the contrary won't change that.
I didn't make the rules. Google Caucasian in Wikipedia and look at the definition.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:10 PM

51 posts, read 73,667 times
Much needed context to the statement:
Quote:
"When that thing happened in France, we were sitting there going, 'Oh, my God, these terrorists!' And I can't even tell you how much that day the thing that happened in San Bernardino — I was in Hawaii — how much I really wanted that to just be another, you know, crazy white dude, and not really some Muslims, because it's like: 'Oh, ****. It's here. And it's here in another kind of way.' Now, okay, it happened on an Army base and it happened somewhere else. But now? It's like they have a legitimate reason now to look at your Muslim neighbor, friend, whatever in another way. And they become the new young black men."

Old 12-30-2015, 03:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberals are just mad that most modern-day terrorists are left-wing lunatics. That's no fun. The last great white conservative home-grown terrorist they could fap to was Timothy McVeigh. They need a new, fresh boogeyman.
What the hell?

Disturbing.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:51 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,234,517 times
Quote:
A legend in your own mind.
you are so pathetic Mr. DyaDick..I give you facts and have the citations and awards to prove it and you want to diss me.
No legend, just a guy who did a very interesting job very well...

Better put on your name tag and get ready for your shift...
yes, I will have fries with that...and hurry, or I'll report you to your boss...you are probation for coming to work in soiled pants.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:31 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
you can tell hardly anybody that posted here, read or heard the whole statement he made, it was against sleeper terrorist and not just crazy white dudes, he actually made a lot of sense and i agree with what he said.
+1

THIS article covers more bases and I think explaines what he meant better.

Quote:
Jackson made a comment regarding the recent San Bernardino shooting, in which he claimed he wished that the shooter was “a crazy white guy,” rather than a Muslim. Conservatives of course salivated at this comment, yet Jackson made an interesting point. The fact is, Muslims are a distrusted minority in the US, and the San Bernardino shooting made things much worse.

The fact is, white people in America are not inherently distrusted, even though white Americans commit far more mass shootings than any other group. The point Jackson made refers to the fact that if a white guy was behind the shooting, no one would get into mass hysteria over a “white” threat. Muslims are not afforded this luxury.

Facts show that Americans are more likely to be massacred by their white neighbor, yet Muslims are the ones distrusted the most in this case. The fact remains that white Americans would not suffer the same stigma that Muslims would suffer for such a deadly event. Past shootings are proof of this.

Mass shootings by whites happen all the time, yet white Americans are not stigmatized in complete ways over it. More often than not, the shooters are called “crazy” and “lone wolves” who clearly don’t represent all of white Americans. Yet, Muslims are not granted this same level of courtesy. If a Muslim commits a shooting, or attack of any kind, it represents all of Islam by definition.

White Americans are not labeled threats, even though most threats in the US stem from white Americans. An inherent bias exists here. No one has to worry about white Americans suffering stigma from a mass shooting done by a white American. Muslims worry greatly about these things, because they are already stigmatized by suspicion and fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdnOnydgIQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events