Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:31 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,630,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
"We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely."

LMAO! A bunch of disgruntled cowboys, who don't know the first thing about logistics or provisioning, and somebody short on brains calls these "preppers" and "survivalists"?? What lame excuses for that, these cowboys are! I personally could keep 'em comfortable and well-fed, "for years, absolutely" and I'm only one of many here! Guess the OP takes ME for the same kind of fool. Double LMAO!!!

We've got a screeching harpie from Hades starting this thread, prolly suffering from a prolonged bout of PMS, and they want me to take this stuff seriously??? Just gotta LMFAO!!!
I have watched your mental health deteriorate on this forum for the last year or so. Truly sad

Old 01-06-2016, 09:46 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
This is what many people who claim to be "preppers" and "survivalist" really look like. They masquerade as those looking to be self sufficient and reliant when the truth is they are just radical anti-government. They could care less about actually preparing for some disaster or disruption, No, they are preparing for the war they will create so they can play Marty Militia and Pamela Patriot.

If you want to really see the face of the real enemy, don't look at this so called government threat and certainly not FEMA, look at these armed radicals who are just itching for some fight, any fight, so they can justify their meaningless existence.

Armed militia takes over federal building
Seems like you are upset more at what they represent: America when it was first formed, to be free of English rule and control. Now, in Amerika, control is what the left wants, so they can continue to control the conversation in these United States.

I side with your "radicals". I've seen what gub'ment can do for it's citizens. I say no.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:36 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,484,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Seems like you are upset more at what they represent: America when it was first formed, to be free of English rule and control. Now, in Amerika, control is what the left wants, so they can continue to control the conversation in these United States.

I side with your "radicals". I've seen what gub'ment can do for it's citizens. I say no.
I say NO also, to everything this OP believes, thinks, and wants.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:12 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,065,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post

I agree about the desire to control, down to controlling it here by derailing every thread using false equivalencies and other tactics.

They are like crabs in a basket. When one crab nears the top and is about to make his escape, the others pull him back in. Self-reliance is important to me and others, but is viewed and portrayed by many these days as a radical concept, bordering on terrorism.

As far as I can tell, most posters here, including myself, have acquired properties legally and raise all or most of our food. It has been reiterated over and over, but most threads never get beyond that point because they become littered with trash. Mission accomplished, I suppose, in many cases.

You know what they say about people who crave attention ... even negative attention suffices.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:25 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,484,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
I agree about the desire to control, down to controlling it here by derailing every thread using false equivalencies and other tactics.

They are like crabs in a basket. When one crab nears the top and is about to make his escape, the others pull him back in. Self-reliance is important to me and others, but is viewed and portrayed by many these days as a radical concept, bordering on terrorism.

As far as I can tell, most posters here, including myself, have acquired properties legally and raise all or most of our food. It has been reiterated over and over, but most threads never get beyond that point because they become littered with trash. Mission accomplished, I suppose, in many cases.

You know what they say about people who crave attention ... even negative attention suffices.
Can't rep you till I spread some around.

I have been keyboard buddies with many of the regulars on this board, and I am positively insulted by the depths to which some people will lower themselves, to criticize, defame, and undermine the amount of work and dedication that so many people here have displayed, in order to help themselves and their families.

Apparently, that counts for nothin', nowadays. Why should it? Half the people in this country consider themselves to be "entitled" to gov't freebies. I guess if you don't want to take those, you're a threat.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:05 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,205 times
My biggest problem with the OTHER SIDE, the leftists who constantly ridicule anyone who disagrees, is that their type will be on the news later this evening, "entitling" themselves to someone else's property, at the expense of that person's life, in many cases.

Newlywed carjacked at gunpoint in broad daylight on Birmingham's Southside | AL.com

Hoover husband, father, Iraq veteran shot to death leaving Lake Cyrus home for gym | AL.com

Just two examples of what we deal with in Birmingham, Alabama. And I'm sure it's similar in Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, Atlanta, etc, etc....cities that are predicated on leftist government, who have lost control, that they so badly want, over their "citizens".

It's coming. They are coming. Arm yourselves to the teeth, and dare government to try and stop you. America is worth dying for. Not a sports team, not a car, not anything else. America is worth fighting for.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:03 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,833,364 times
This is what many people who claim to be "preppers" and "survivalist" really look like.

Not even close.....

Old 01-06-2016, 08:44 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,610,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post
Correct.

Because the Bundy YeeHawdists distinctly fail at any sort of prudent preparation. Their "storeroom" is a pathetic joke -- one case of canned vegetables, one cooler chest, and a bag of chips. Seriously.

Then they put out a plea for supporters to mail them socks and snacks via US Postal Service. They must be hoping that no other militia has taken over that government mandated function.

They're not preppers.

And their chances of survival are going down by the minute.

Unless they come to their senses and walk away on frostbitten feet in their cowboy boots.

1st of all, prepper defines an individual preparing for conflict or the demise of society, as it seems is coming, no? It takes no Biblical knowledge just common sense to see predicted chaos from other enemies -- & things coming like a woman in labor w/ contractions occurring more frequently -- & thus closer to showtime.

So, they ARE preppers by definition as they're defending constitutional rights of farmers & as such; acting in capacity of standing for God-given unalienable rights granted in Constitution. They gather peacefully & so their Constitutional right to assembly. They are armed, thus 2nd Amend rights fulfilled legally & so to defend. They stick up for quashing by a biased propagandized gov't hell bent on transforming US into a... 10th world country... let alone 3rd

This is a conflict w/ gov't, & as such should be treated w/ backing of rest of us, that are hiding behind keypads in warm cushy homes & letting THOSE few gathered w/ enough moxy, to do our stances (as we're all lip-service folks seemingly, yet very little action-based bunch, no?) & efforts to show big gov't, that "Hey you can't just overtake the citizenry, ala Stalin or... is that the current goal of this Admin?".

They can't just bellow out edicts of random loose defines of "domestic terrorism" (will jay-walking be next at as it too is infringement of US laws, so why not toss it into domestic terror category, haha, can you see the utter ludicrous, propaganda promoted by politicians concerned -- not w/ reducing trillions in Nat'l debt for our children's future -- but yet increasing their current salary or... padding an already overblown pension due them (again, so they claim) when thy retire. Ha pension, for what... aiding & abetting the demise of US democracy as we know it? Haha, what a sham huh? My oh my...

And so the edicts continue down from the King's pulpit -- & have us lowly servants, ahem, aka, mushrats, ahem, aka citizens (formerly that is; as soon we'll get all deported form actually BEING legit, legally born here, folks) to make room for those NOT legally from here, yes? That is as poignant as I've ever felt to put it... hehee.

Hmmm, ok... You do the math... lol

Last edited by movintime; 01-06-2016 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: Cause, my real honest total post would speak truth -- yet get me banned! lol

Old 01-06-2016, 08:58 PM

54 posts, read 67,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
My mother requested I see a therapist about my prepping. So I did to improve my relationship with her. I spent 2 months in therapy at the end of this the therapist said that he didn't want to see me again. He continued that I was one of the top 3 most mentally healthy person he has ever examined.

He went on to explain to me that a normal human will plan for the future, plan for retirement, plan for their work day, plan what to buy at the store, plan what kind of a car to buy, plan vacations before they leave, and yes plan incase of emergencies, like floods, tornados, hurricanes, losing a job, etc. Yes, this included the more serious emergencies such as; war, EMP attack, and financial collapse. This is a sign of a fully matured adult mind.

He continued to say that the people that don't plan ahead are the ones that have not fully matured. They have trouble coping with normal daily problems and can not cope with an emergency. They live pay check to pay check, always have money problems, relationship trouble, and can't and will not be successful in life.
That does not sound like a therapist talking, rather like a raconteur (i.e. YOU). LOL.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:24 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,976,546 times
O.K., I think this was way to intellectual of a discussion piece for this forum. Some of you did catch the message. So, I quoted my post below and highlighted (bolded) the items that went right over some of your heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
This is what many people who claim to be "preppers" and "survivalist" really look like. They masquerade as those looking to be self sufficient and reliant when the truth is they are just radical anti-government. They could care less about actually preparing for some disaster or disruption, No, they are preparing for the war they will create so they can play Marty Militia and Pamela Patriot.

If you want to really see the face of the real enemy, don't look at this so called government threat and certainly not FEMA, look at these armed radicals who are just itching for some fight, any fight, so they can justify their meaningless existence.
First, I want to thank all of you for the rep points, didn't expect 1 let along a dozen.

Unfortunately, some of you just reinforced what I was saying with your responses (you may want to go back and actually read what you wrote) So thanks for providing direct examples of what I was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events