Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 03:23 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times

Advertisements

This is what many people who claim to be "preppers" and "survivalist" really look like. They masquerade as those looking to be self sufficient and reliant when the truth is they are just radical anti-government. They could care less about actually preparing for some disaster or disruption, No, they are preparing for the war they will create so they can play Marty Militia and Pamela Patriot.

If you want to really see the face of the real enemy, don't look at this so called government threat and certainly not FEMA, look at these armed radicals who are just itching for some fight, any fight, so they can justify their meaningless existence.

Armed militia takes over federal building

Old 01-03-2016, 03:37 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,099,416 times
As this plays out, it will take a practiced eye to distinguish the protestors from the militiamen, and the militiamen from the agents provocateur.

This is a fluid situation now, but getting a lot less fluid as sincere, law abiding folks like the Oathkeepers ( who have stood down from conflict in this case ), and from the armed group who have followed some pied pipers off to occupy some remote buildings in the middle of nowhere.

The radical, conflict-driven, and violence-willing have just been neatly led away from noncombatants...

...As winter sets in.

I'm not going to debate right, wrong, history or Constitution.

I'm just stunned by the breathtaking tour de force accomplished by leading the most dedicated radicals far, far away.

the wake up moment will not be pretty. Or live streamed.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:49 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,482,288 times
This belongs in "Current Events", not here. This has absolutrly zero to do with preppers or survivalists. Disgruntled cattle ranchers, protesters, folks taking over federal buildings, the federal alphabet soup of BLM, NWS, etc...what on earth does this have to do with preppers and survivalists?

You're right about one thing: someone IS looking to start a fight. It's you, OP, and you should quit it.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:14 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
This story has nothing to do with self sufficiency what so ever. None.

It has to do with a land owner that has been charged with arson, wildlife destruction and some people who are somehow trying to defend the land owners action (with a smattering of some constitutional matters which may or not be even in play here).

Where does self sufficiency and preparedness come in to play here?

Oh.. No where.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:28 AM

5,404 posts, read 3,595,350 times
another dig at preppers, yawn#yawn#

Old 01-04-2016, 04:07 AM

Anyway, the Malheur Malcontents kinda fail at prepping:

https://mobile.twitter.com/amandapea...41037207007232

Old 01-04-2016, 04:24 AM

5,404 posts, read 3,595,350 times
if they are supposed to be preppers(they aren't) those supplies wont last more than 5 minutes!
question: someone called them the bundy brothers? any relation to Ted Bundy? I seem to recall that name from somewhere.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:36 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,318,562 times
My mother requested I see a therapist about my prepping. So I did to improve my relationship with her. I spent 2 months in therapy at the end of this the therapist said that he didn't want to see me again. He continued that I was one of the top 3 most mentally healthy person he has ever examined.

He went on to explain to me that a normal human will plan for the future, plan for retirement, plan for their work day, plan what to buy at the store, plan what kind of a car to buy, plan vacations before they leave, and yes plan incase of emergencies, like floods, tornados, hurricanes, losing a job, etc. Yes, this included the more serious emergencies such as; war, EMP attack, and financial collapse. This is a sign of a fully matured adult mind.

He continued to say that the people that don't plan ahead are the ones that have not fully matured. They have trouble coping with normal daily problems and can not cope with an emergency. They live pay check to pay check, always have money problems, relationship trouble, and can't and will not be successful in life.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
if they are supposed to be preppers(they aren't) those supplies wont last more than 5 minutes!
question: someone called them the bundy brothers? any relation to Ted Bundy? I seem to recall that name from somewhere.
No, these are the 'Bundy Ranch' Bundys, no relation.

And I'll have you know those supplies are Tactical Survival Doritos.

The Malheur Malcontents -- aka YeeHawdists -- are Fail, writ large. Nobody out there at the end of that 60 miles of icy road to nowhere but a handful of paid informant agents provocateur bungling around some closed-for-the-winter buildings, attempting to lure the unstable into their web.

Winter is setting in. Their comms are easily jammed. And there's only one road in or out.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:02 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
I do not see any connection between "preppers" / "survivalist" and what is going on with this group in Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events