Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 01:13 AM

13,252 posts, read 7,300,036 times

Advertisements

I think these 3 dogs were kept in her home never saw anyone else much and probably were fine with the boy when she was home, but when she left the boy alone there and those dogs weren't used to having him there they got aggressive might have only been one dog the other 2 joined in or one killed the kid other 2 were just watching. No one knows I'm assuming the 3 will be put down and checked for rabies which can only be done by looking at brain tissue. I'm sure they are going to do an investigation to find out what happened best they can put it together. Should she face long prison sentence no I don't she obviously was trying to adopt the kid wasn't like she cared about this 9 year old but she was just ignorant of the danger.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:54 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,021 times
Before you can ban them you would need to define what a "pit bull" is.

For example as I mentioned earlier Petey from our gang was an American Staff Terrier. I have no idea if this specific breed ever was involved in an attack.

So what breeds qualify since Pit bull is really not a specific breed but various breeds are called that by people not familiar with the specific breed name.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:16 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,256 times
Three pit bulls.

Inside a mobile home.

Priorities. . .

Old 01-06-2016, 06:27 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,037,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Count me in too. Pit bulls are just fine with proper care, training, and treatment. Countless people own pit bulls who have never bitten or shown aggression in their lives. The stories you read about in the paper are never about responsible dog owners and well managed dogs, but people who have no clue and do stupid things like leaving a child alone, in a tiny trailer that barely big enough for one person to live, let alone two people plus three dogs, with unaltered animals. I wouldn't care if they were labs, pits, boxers, collies, etc. Any big dog with sharp teeth is capable of harm, and pit bulls do require more management and control than some other breeds. A nine year old can hardly be expected to be able to control them.

I would also blame CPS for placing this child with his sister who obviously didn't have her own life together. The dogs aren't capable of making judgment calls and decisions. That's up to people. The people in this situation failed.
Ha ha! Classic pitbull apologist response.....
"never bitten or shown aggression"
"never about responsible dog owners"

Yeh, you're right, it couldn't be that pitbulls are just a dangerous, unpredictable breed. It's always the owners. But then again......what about the owners who get killed by their own dogs?????

Old 01-06-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I saw a golden Retriever bite the eye out of a poodle when the poodle tried to take a bone that was dropped by the golden. I don't care what bread you have that is how dogs settle disputes. Who knows why these dogs killed the boy but I suspect they were not used to anyone being home probably were not socialized. Even if my dog was sweet as could be I would not leave a kid alone with them.
Well, I got attacked by a ****zhu once, bit me right on the ankle. Really hurt to. I gave him a nice swift kick and he ran off squealing.
You're right, all dogs do bite, doesn't matter what breed. But, when it's a pit, it's a lot worse.
All pits should be exterminated.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
If these people who say it's the owners fault, not the dog(s) (sure it is ) How about the owners are charged with murder each time their pit bull(s) kill someone? Are owners charged for having their pet kill someone?
I agree. I believe ALL pit owners should have to sign a contract accepting the charge of "murder" if their pit kills someone.
Something tells me all those pit owners will quickly become lab owners.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh goody, another ignorant thread filled with stupid posts about evil pit bulls.

I wish these media pukes would show the photos of the dog every time they tell these stories, considering over half of this country doesn't even know what an actual pit bull looks like.

I'm wasting my time with dunderheads who don't want to listen, but nonetheless:

IT IS NOT THE DOG, IT IS THE LOSER PILE OF EXCREMENT OWNER WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. This part:

should never have happened. You don't leave children unattended around dogs. Complete idiot. ALL dogs can bite and injure or kill. If people don't know that, they should not have dogs.

Yes, posts like that are absolutely going to continue to show up until people get it through their thick skulls to put the fricken blame where it lies: on the owner.

That's not even covering the bases on the horrific choice by CPS to let the kid stay with her in a run down trailer without a working bathroom...after she stayed in a motel before that. What a great idea...let's put the kid there. Idiots.
Pitbull Apologist #2! Right on time......

Old 01-06-2016, 06:50 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,925,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Unfortunately even calm, well mannered pits have been known to freak out and snap when something triggers them and the results of even one bite from a large dog can be devastating. Multiple dogs can trigger a pack mentality, and if the child runs (as anyone would when frightened) it can trigger the dog's prey instincts. This can be true of all dogs, but all dogs are not capable of killing or biting off large chunks of flesh in one chomp.

My brother owns two of the sweetest dogs I've ever seen, both pits. One year on Thanksgiving Molly and Hank suddenly turned on one another because one took the other's place on the couch next to my brother. The fight lasted 15 minutes and was traumatizing to everyone involved. 15 minutes is a very long time for anyone to imagine with all the screaming, growling, barking, and with my brother and his wife desperately doing everything one can imagine to fight with all their strength to break it up. The house was splattered with blood from both dogs and my brother who tried desperately to stop the fight. He finally was able to end it, but vet and doctor visits were needed on all sides. My brother said that it was clear that if he didn't intervene this would have been a fight to the death of one of the dogs. These were two wonderful dogs that had lived together peaceably for years. Never again have they been allowed to be in the same room unless both are leashed (yes, in the house). After seeing the power unleashed in this fight my brother won't allow that to ever happen again, and he can't re-home them in good conscience knowing their propensity for that kind of violence. They are both angelic 99.9% of their lives.
This is an excellent example of what happens with Pits. There is just something about them. They snap. Not that Labs don't get into it, but its not a bloodthirsty fight to the death.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:01 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,925,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh goody, another ignorant thread filled with stupid posts about evil pit bulls.

I wish these media pukes would show the photos of the dog every time they tell these stories, considering over half of this country doesn't even know what an actual pit bull looks like.

I'm wasting my time with dunderheads who don't want to listen, but nonetheless:

IT IS NOT THE DOG, IT IS THE LOSER PILE OF EXCREMENT OWNER WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. This part:

should never have happened. You don't leave children unattended around dogs. Complete idiot. ALL dogs can bite and injure or kill. If people don't know that, they should not have dogs.

Yes, posts like that are absolutely going to continue to show up until people get it through their thick skulls to put the fricken blame where it lies: on the owner.

That's not even covering the bases on the horrific choice by CPS to let the kid stay with her in a run down trailer without a working bathroom...after she stayed in a motel before that. What a great idea...let's put the kid there. Idiots.
Brilliant. A 9 year old should be able to be left alone with a couple dogs without getting ripped to shreds.

If these stories were attached to other breeds more often then they wouldn't get attacked. I guarantee there are thousands of kids every day left alone in "run down trailers" with other breeds that don't get eaten alive. There are millions of dogs out there treated like crap (unfortunately) that don't turn into killers.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:20 AM

11,775 posts, read 5,787,833 times
The pitbull bashing is useless - other breeds though out the years ( for you youngsters! ) have had the same outrage from people and are still around. This occurs when a breed becomes more popular than others - hence - you'll find more of these mixed breeds in the shelters due to yes - irresponsible owners and so will find more articles of dog maulings by a certain breed. The dogs who have been on the SH*T list have been German Shepherds, Rotts, Dobs, even St Bernards - now it's the pitbull.

Any dog can snap - my husband's aunt's dalmation snapped due to a brain tumor and almost took off her face, my uncle's schnauzer snapped and bit their son, the next door neighbor's australian shepherd broke thru the front dog and attacked the mailman.

I have 2 pit mixes - who yes - are love bugs - my small terrier is the nippy one - but I will not underestimate the power they have just as I didn't underestimate the damage my shepherds or golden retriever could have done if they turned. Any dog has a propensity to be violent.

These dogs may very well have been fighting with each other and the boy stepped in to stop it not knowing it was the wrong thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events