Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 09:32 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times

Advertisements

So he had to humiliate her even more by posting it on YouTube?

Old 01-07-2016, 09:42 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
The girl gave a big smile when it was over, and the dad said, "Thank you for doing your job," so it didn't appear that either of them were upset at the time.

BUT.....I will say that I have NEVER been patted down to that extreme. I've never seen one like that either.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
The girl gave a big smile when it was over, and the dad said, "Thank you for doing your job," so it didn't appear that either of them were upset at the time.

BUT.....I will say that I have NEVER been patted down to that extreme. I've never seen one like that either.

I'll bet she wouldn't have been as thorough had she not been recorded.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:03 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm no fan of the TSA, but the agent was doing her job. Dad was so outraged by this *violation* of his daughter that he posted the video online for everyone to view.

He's sending the wrong message to his daughter by acting like a brat himself.

And as Suburban Guy said, they all left the juice box in her luggage, so what do they expect?

Exactly. I hope he is satisfied with his 15 minutes.

The girl sure seemed fine after- a huge smile for her dad!

Dad is a brat and thinks he is above everyone else.
"Special Snowflakes" indeed.

EVERY TIME I wore a skirt that length since about 9/11/01, I have been patted down that way.
The third and final time I was told "it's your skirt." Problem solved! Wear pants!

Nowadays with the newer screening machine because of my slight scoliosis,
I know I will come out with "unusual bulges" prompting a pat down
so I just skip the machine and go right to the pat down.

Out of at least 2 dozen pat downs I have had since these machines, frankly, IMHO,
only ONE woman/girl really did it "right." (ie- the others were too light of a touch to find anything if i had it!)

We ALL should be subject to the same searches-
white grandpa's in wheelchairs,"ethnic" looking people, little girls with skirts, me, you, etc.

Anyone who thinks that someone who "looks like this girl" could ABSOLUTELY not have weapons on her and not be bought or sold for the right price is living in a fantasy world.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:05 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
You know they search and X-ray. It's no secret. I didn't see any groping. They also found a drink and it's not allowed. Most likely finding a "prohibited " item has a different more thorough search pattern as part of the rules. Stop bring such a drama queen. I fly sometimes simply from necessity. Yeah they pat me down. If I didn't want to be subject to pat downs don't fly.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:11 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
In Nigeria Boko Haram is known for using kids under the age of 13 little boys an little girls are sent into markets with bombs strapped to them. No one suspects little kids of course until more and more of the terrorists were little kids who were either forced (kidnapped or threatened maybe even bribed), or didn't even understand the situation.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:13 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post

That is the standard procedure. Looked like EVERY pat down I have received since the new screening machines around 2011. Keep in mind that the amount of pressure applied varies greatly from screened to screener. It looked like a very light touch to me.

The only thing i saw wrong in that video (beside's the father's tantrum) was that she didn't ask if she had any medical devices, sensitive areas, prosthetics or implants. But maybe dad was asked prior.

Dad's tips for next time:

1. Look up the regulations before you fly.
1. Stop trying to to skimp on the beverages- this aint the movie theater.
3. Dress your daughter in pants if possible. Maybe even tuck in the shirt.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:43 PM

577 posts, read 1,001,002 times
No need to direct the anger and frustration at the agent that was just doing her job, although far more thorough than any pat down I've seen. But the security theater that we accept and go through just to get on a plane is absurd. I really do wish there was an option to forego the security procedure on a normal flight.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:47 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
I'm no fan of the TSA, but the agent was doing her job. Dad was so outraged by this *violation* of his daughter that he posted the video online for everyone to view.

He's sending the wrong message to his daughter by acting like a brat himself.

And as Suburban Guy said, they all left the juice box in her luggage, so what do they expect?
This is the key point in this particular incident. What a joke.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:52 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
I'll bet she wouldn't have been as thorough had she not been recorded.
I had that same thought.

I travel several times a year and I've never seen a pat down like that or experienced one personally. My pat downs are always quickly done - arms, side of torso (not stomach and back), and legs. I think one time my waistband was checked.

Different strokes, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events