Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 11:45 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
No human being has any business doing that to another regardless of sympathy level for that matter. I have a feeling this is a publicity ploy.

Why, because it can't happen? I have been treated atrociously by customer service people in the past couple of years. There is a strange defense of this because "wage slaves", but this includes professional services like banking. It is an entitlement culture problem, with no standards of professional or decent behavior. Of course a McDonalds employee could have said fat girl in front of a customer.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:40 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,879 times
Quote:
No because it's cruel. It does not mean that you make excuses for someone and their bad habits. Its has nothing to do with political correctness, just basic human decency. Everyone has responsibility for their situation, showing them some kindness might help them make better decisions.

When I see an overweight person at the gym I think "go you!". I've been at the gym and have overheard other people making jokes about an overweight person and it makes me so angry. Why on earth would you make fun of someone for trying. These people have enough self esteem issues that publicly shaming them isn't going to do anything to motivate them to better choices, it's just mean.

The situation in question seems different. I smell a civil lawsuit against mcdonalds for "emotional damage". They will get what's coming to them.

And they will probably lose in court. Emotional damage is hard to prove. And unless there is a recording, it's a "he said vs she said" situation.

Not to mention, it's a case of "it's time to grow the F up". If being called "fat" hurts your emotions, deal with it. I'm not sure about the UK, but here in the US, freedom of speech prevails. Unless I'm using a form of slander, if I call someone fat, and they are overweight, I'm just stating a fact.

Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me

I agree that it sucks that an overweight person gets made fun of at a gym. That's wrong. But when there's an overweight person ordering a big mac, fries and a shake, they're not doing anything to help themselves and frankly, it can be comical.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:45 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,562 times
I agree.. If someone wants to eat 6 cheese burgers because you think fat is fine... so be it , but don't ask for pityor CASH! BTW Fat Mom = FATTER Daughter .. Nice JOB Mom!!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I don't believe her for a minute.

She's trying to get pity and fame (possibly a lawsuit/money) for being fat. Its gross -- and so is she.

Deal with it, chub.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:46 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
She should have got a complete refund, cancelled her order and left but there is no reason to put this situation on social media unless your agenda includes 5 minutes of fame. Also, in reality the girl would have a wee bit less issue with her weight if she would quit eating fast food. A cheeseburger fixed at home takes less than 15 minutes.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:47 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,962,440 times
Quote:
I have a feeling people who struggle with their weight have no problem giving themselves body and self esteem issues without outside assistance.
But yet they order 6 cheeseburgers? Yeah, thatll help their self esteem and weight problem.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:49 PM

5,294 posts, read 6,059,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
But yet they order 6 cheeseburgers? Yeah, thatll help their self esteem and weight problem.
Hahahah Technically I meant that in a more general sense. 6 cheeseburgers is insane, she should probably start familiarizing herself with Wilford Brimley.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:49 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Regarding those commentors who are convinced this is fake and/or a ploy for attention or reward, while I agree that there is a lot of chicanery going around these days, I think this is entirely plausible. I have certainly heard worse in the customer service sector.

As far as the kind of settlement for her embarrassment if it is proven to be true? Well, a coupon for a free cheesburger at the least.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:21 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,429,348 times
What was the entire order? 6 cheez burgers and a Diet Coke? Or did she order 6 drinks?

Old 01-12-2016, 01:27 PM

8,052 posts, read 12,769,823 times
She probably ought to take this incident as a sign she needs to lose a few pounds.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:29 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
What was the entire order? 6 cheez burgers and a Diet Coke? Or did she order 6 drinks?
Quote:
Hahahah Technically I meant that in a more general sense. 6 cheeseburgers is insane, she should probably start familiarizing herself with Wilford Brimley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
I agree.. If someone wants to eat 6 cheese burgers because you think fat is fine... so be it , but don't ask for pityor CASH! BTW Fat Mom = FATTER Daughter .. Nice JOB Mom!!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
People are stupid...

She probably ordered a large diet coke to negate those cheeseburgers..
Yes, people are stupid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
She should have got a complete refund, cancelled her order and left but there is no reason to put this situation on social media unless your agenda includes 5 minutes of fame. Also, in reality the girl would have a wee bit less issue with her weight if she would quit eating fast food. A cheeseburger fixed at home takes less than 15 minutes.
Does a cheeseburger made at home contain less fat and calories than a cheeseburger from McDonalds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events