U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 02:49 PM

6,805 posts, read 3,573,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
Waffle House Employees are:

1. paid a living wage with insurance and proper working conditions and Concern for Staff Welfare

or

2. not

Which is the case here?

Capitalists around the world have long been aware that oppressing and underpaying the Working Classes often results in exquisite meals in top class restaurants being served with a side of spittle from an unhappy wait staff.

Did Waffle House pay the Employee a Living Wage? Or is this yet another Homeless Unfortunate struggling to survive The Hard Way and being kicked down for it?
Anyone who washes their hair in food prep equipment deserves to be kicked down permanently
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 04:48 PM

298 posts, read 204,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Anyone who washes their hair in food prep equipment deserves to be kicked down permanently
Definitely. Those people have behaviors that kill business and force better employees to go work elsewhere. You either fix your hair on your own time or put it up and cover it. Shouldn't these people have their hair covered anyway while working in the kitchen? Why is it so important that your hair look so perfect? Are you on the runway or in the movies? Or are you at Waffle House? They're stupid as a doorknob.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:50 PM

1,039 posts, read 658,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I sincerely hope you are never homeless; you would snap in two.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
so wait...being homeless justifies washing your hair in the pot like that? You can't figure out another hairstyle that's easier to maintain so you can keep your job and stay out of the news? Being homeless means you can do anything you want on the job? Wow...maybe somebody is homeless because that person doesn't know how to act on the job and keep a job. What does homelessness have to do with washing hair in the kitchen pot in a food establishment? Figure out a simple hairdo for the food job. IF you want to work there.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:41 AM

6,805 posts, read 3,573,103 times
Quote:
If I was homeless, I'm pretty sure I would have enough integrity not to wash my hair hair in people's food equipment.

It sounds like you have the same mindset as the person who was washing her hair in the pot. I sure hope you never work in a food service setting.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:10 PM

you can take some out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of them.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:07 PM

16,097 posts, read 17,895,645 times
See this parenting forum thread for a different food tampering incident.

Daughter tampered with a customer's food should I tell her manager?

Quote:
Basically some woman came in and was apparently really rude and nasty to her and complained about the pancakes she had ordered because there was some fuzz on the plate that my daughter had said probably came off her shirt and the woman wanted some new pancakes, and was mean to my daughter about it. I about lost my stomach when she went on to describe what she did. When she got the new pancakes she dug a hole in the middle of them with her finger and spit in it and covered it up with whip cream and served it to the woman!
This girl's mom had the right idea though about what to do.

Quote:
Just thought I'd post an update. After forcing her to quit I did have a long talk with her and I think now she gets it...hopefully. She did get another job but not with customers. Rather she works in an animal rescue place cleaning up animal poop and the like, which she says she hates but I think is kind of poetic justice in a way.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:06 PM

13,578 posts, read 7,419,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
See this parenting forum thread for a different food tampering incident.

Daughter tampered with a customer's food should I tell her manager?

This girl's mom had the right idea though about what to do.
Haha, I remember that thread. Glad the mother actually cared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events