Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 11:07 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I watched the poor quality video and it looked more like she was flushing something out of her eyes than washing her hair.
She was "setting"/sealing her hair. When you get braided extensions like those, it's common to dip the ends in boiling hot water to set them in place so they don't come undone. Or, if you want them to be curly, you put the hair in rollers and them dip it into hot water to set the curls. Every braiding salon I've ever been to had an electric tea kettle nearby for this purpose, along with a stack of towels to dry the hair after dipping it. My guess is that the dummy just got her hair done the day before and didn't have time for this last step and thought work would be a swell time to do her hair.

#stuffblackwomenknow

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQGjNYknyM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 07:35 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
She was "setting"/sealing her hair. When you get braided extensions like those, it's common to dip the ends in boiling hot water to set them in place so they don't come undone. Or, if you want them to be curly, you put the hair in rollers and them dip it into hot water to set the curls. Every braiding salon I've ever been to had an electric tea kettle nearby for this purpose, along with a stack of towels to dry the hair after dipping it. My guess is that the dummy just got her hair done the day before and didn't have time for this last step and thought work would be a swell time to do her hair.

#stuffblackwomenknow

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQGjNYknyM
Hahahaha that's great. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
WHY DOES MY SOUP TASTE LIKE WEAVE?

Not only did they their wash hair in the pot.... They didn't drain the pot. And they did it, apparently, in plain view of customers.

Employees caught doing hair in Waffle House kitchen | WREG.com

This is why I'm becoming afraid of eating in restaurants.
That's not a restaurant...that's where you go when you're tweaking on meth and/or in the mood to get stabbed.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:14 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Driving long distance at night Waffle House is usually the only open restaurant, i stop in frequently, never had any complaints,they make a pretty good breakfast,the staff are almost always friendly and i wouldnt judge all Waffle House establishments as being represented by the goings on at this particular one. I find it odd that with a Waffle Houses kitchen layout right in front of the customers that this employee would decide to attend to her hair in such an overt way.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:56 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I prefer to go to a local independent diner. They are usually family-owned. Unfortunately, I know there are some regions of the country where there aren't many diners.
I work at a high school cafeteria and on our first set up day of the school year, after the 3-month summer hiatus, we have a staff meeting. One of the cafeteria staff was asked to get up and tell us about her summer job experiences. She had worked that summer break at one of the diners in our small town. She told us horror stories about what she'd seen there...moldy bread (scraped and toasted and served to customers), unwashed hands, hair in food, and other disgusting things. She said that comparing that disgusting kitchen to our cleanliness standards in our own cafeteria was a real eye opener. That diner has long since been closed.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:41 AM

17,159 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Driving long distance at night Waffle House is usually the only open restaurant, i stop in frequently, never had any complaints,they make a pretty good breakfast,the staff are almost always friendly and i wouldnt judge all Waffle House establishments as being represented by the goings on at this particular one. I find it odd that with a Waffle Houses kitchen layout right in front of the customers that this employee would decide to attend to her hair in such an overt way.
This.

I do the same thing but with Denny's. And I've seen some good, clean Denny's locales, and some terrible ones. Overall, I'd say they're mostly good. Solid breakfast and skillets, normally excellent service, and open 24/7. And as you said, like Waffle House, you can see the cooks prepare the food.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:02 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Default More Waffle House Trauma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
This.

I do the same thing but with Denny's. And I've seen some good, clean Denny's locales, and some terrible ones. Overall, I'd say they're mostly good. Solid breakfast and skillets, normally excellent service, and open 24/7. And as you said, like Waffle House, you can see the cooks prepare the food.
Well, if you drop in at THIS Waffle House, whatever you do, don't tell anybody to put out his cigarette! Mississippi Waffle House employee shot to death over a cigarette | WREG.com

Old 02-19-2016, 08:40 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
This is why you shouldn't eat at crapstain restaurants like the Waffle House. Seriously, why anyone would choose this as a place to eat is beyond me.
Another example.

Waitress accused of spiking co-worker's drink with meth (Waffle House)

Old 02-20-2016, 12:58 PM

298 posts, read 270,884 times
all these food chains employ some low class ghetto dregs of society that do some digusting and crazy s**t there. I wouldn't eat in any of them if you paid me. I wouldn't eat there if they were the only place in a desert. Just reading some of these posts is making sick.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:10 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,586 times
Waffle House Employees are:

1. paid a living wage with insurance and proper working conditions and Concern for Staff Welfare

or

2. not

Which is the case here?

Capitalists around the world have long been aware that oppressing and underpaying the Working Classes often results in exquisite meals in top class restaurants being served with a side of spittle from an unhappy wait staff.

Did Waffle House pay the Employee a Living Wage? Or is this yet another Homeless Unfortunate struggling to survive The Hard Way and being kicked down for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events