U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 10:03 AM

9,881 posts, read 8,165,611 times

Advertisements

If it was me, I'd get revenge. I have mechanical skills and a very creative mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 10:41 AM

3,402 posts, read 4,310,897 times
First world problem. The color of my neighbors house.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:42 AM

11,263 posts, read 8,421,299 times
I'm just stunned that someone would do that. Isn't yellow the color with the most curb appeal? I love yellow houses!! I keep imagining some kind of revenge but I think letting the courts handle it would be appropriate. This would be a good one to go on some TV court show! Unbelievable!

Old 01-17-2016, 10:50 AM

11,083 posts, read 12,464,975 times
I can see the Judge Judy episode now. Anyway, hiring a professional painter to paint an entire house isn't cheap. And while the home owners were gone? And paid in cash? Shenanigans me thinks.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:51 AM

5,692 posts, read 4,413,829 times
We once painted a neighbor's peeling and down to the bare wood house while they were out of town too. Everyone in our little street end participated. We were tired of actually seeing the tv shows they were watching through holes in the wood. Of course we patched many places. One of us was a local cop who swore us all to secrecy; he knew his job was at risk. Funny that when they returned not single member of the family ever mentioned noticing the repairs and paint job. This was in Grand Island Nebraska in 1975. Things were different then. And no one ever heard of HOA's in the Midwest in the 70's.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:55 AM

5,676 posts, read 6,773,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes, this may not be a criminal matter, but certainly is a civil matter. Take the painter to court and they will identify who paid them or have to pay up themselves. Then sue the woman who hired them to paint the property of someone else. The woman whose house was painted should be able to receive her legal costs and damages and would probably draw a lot of attention to the matter. In fact, she could also go to the local tv stations, as they cover stories like this a lot. The painters would not want a lot of bad publicity.
Yep, sue both the painters and the person(s) who contracted them. Subpoenas pursuant to the discovery phase of the suit will force the painters to identify the person(s) who contracted them, especially if they don't want to be held solely liable for the damages. The painters' insurance company should also be named in the suit (deep pockets, they might want to just settle quietly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
I'd just paint the house different color on each side with gawd awful patterns and make the house stand out 100X times worse than it was before.

I'd also install an over abundance of X-mas lights all on the house and property and leave them up all year long and run them all night long each night. I'd also put 100 plastic flamingos in the yard and put a small kids pool out front too. Then I'd...

Naw scratch that.... thats too much time, energy and money...
Oh no. It's lots of fun and there are many things one can do on the cheap that are well worth the money and time spent for the satisfaction (and amusement) of being a righteous dick and getting revenge. Trust me, I know .

Of course, you want to wait until *after* the civil suit has been decided and the sum of the judgment (if any) has been received. Then it's balls to the wall and let 'em have it with both barrels (figuratively speaking, of course). Just be sure that nothing can be traced back, and even if you can't *tell* them that you are the one causing them all of their problems (they might figure it out anyway) you can still smile at them in satisfaction, knowing that you are making them miserable. There are plenty of tactics one can use to get revenge on dipwads, books have been written on the subject, just use your favorite search engine with the appropriate keywords.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:55 AM

4,625 posts, read 4,739,508 times
Story sounds implausible to me....just saying

Old 01-17-2016, 11:23 AM

10,083 posts, read 6,314,583 times
She needs to file a police report, the couple did several thousand dollars worth of damage to her home. She needs to call her insurance company and file a claim. More than likely her insurance company will sue the couple to recover their losses. What this couple did was illegal, not to mention something is seriously wrong with them.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:28 AM

9,358 posts, read 6,251,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
A young couple moved into the neighborhood a few years ago and immediately began harassing their next door neighbor to paint her house because they didn't like living next to a yellow house. When the woman refused, they tried everything they could to get their way, including calling the police on her, reporting her to the city, taking her to court, and trying to form an HOA to force her to bend to their will, all to no avail, because, of course, the woman had a right to paint her house any color she chose.

Then, this:

"I recently had to go out of town for two weeks. When I got back, my house was gray. I actually almost drove past it because I'm so used to my yellow house."

The homeowner knew immediately who was responsible, but the neighbors have refused to answer their door when she knocks. The company who painted the house said they had a valid work order, and were paid in cash by a woman calling herself Ms. Jane Smith. Supposedly, because the neighbors never actually set foot on the property, they can't be charged with any crime.

Woman Comes Home From Vacation To Find Her Neighbor Had Done This. Wow.

What recourse does this woman have?
Call her insurance company then call an attorney!

Old 01-17-2016, 11:28 AM

16,019 posts, read 19,670,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I would certainly be demanding the police arrest someone starting with the contractor who did not have the owner's permission to be on the property. That could force the contractor to identify Mrs Smith. This home owner needs to get aggressive.
Me too, I would be livid. I would force the company to repaint it a bright yellow. Too bad you don't have security cameras.

Last edited by JanND; 01-17-2016 at 12:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or