Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 08:40 AM

3,028 posts, read 4,983,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I read the article linked by the OP, which apparently didn't mention the entire incident. My apologies.
I didn't read the OP, which after reading is weirdly worded and makes it sound like the student is the one who caused an accident with 5 people then got shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 09:25 AM

52,454 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I read the article linked by the OP, which apparently didn't mention the entire incident. My apologies.
the nydailynews article is a mess, and factually dead wrong. not your mistake.
it says:

Quote:
Jiang, who lost control of her car and crashed into another vehicle, died at a nearby hospital and her passenger was also injured, according to police reports cited by The Arizona Republic.
but the Arizona republic says no such thing:

Quote:
Jiang was driving west on Broadway Road, waiting at a red light to turn left onto McClintock, police said, when Davis rear-ended her. That crash was minor with no injures, said Officer Naomi Galbraith, a Tempe Police spokesperson.

Jiang's passenger got out of the car to inspect the damage, Galbraith said. He saw Davis holding a gun and got back into the vehicle, Galbraith said.

this stupid meth-head needs a good piece of rope..

Old 01-20-2016, 10:09 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,585,990 times
When you get into an accident, the best thing to do 1st is to take pictures or video right away and don't step out unless the person that steps out doesn't appear to be a threat. Then call the police to file a report and see if they will come over quickly. You really don't know the situation and it's best to wait for the police or see if the other person is not being hostile then you can safely exchange info.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:09 AM

50,419 posts, read 36,064,195 times
This was just a convenient excuse, who caused the accident doesn't matter. Per the article, the shooter had expressed a desire to be "shot by police" and told people she was going to do something violent. This poor girl just provided her the opportunity she was looking for.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:16 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,278,926 times
Looks like a crack ho.
Stupid dumb probably got the shooting instinct from previous drug deal gone wrong.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:22 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,440,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Sad. You don't mess with three things in AZ: a person's gun, her car, or her meth. The woman is a clear thug, but you have to question the wisdom of goving a DL to an exchange student. They should have a command of the law, the language, customs, and roads.
It has been reported the women wanted police to kill her:

Police: Woman arrested in Tempe shooting wanted police to kill her - ABC15 Arizona

Regardless, sad an innocent person had to die as it wasn't in any way her fault based on what I've read, other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:23 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,286,808 times
Sad story, and a very bad image of the US.

I wish we could ship the murder to China to face their justice.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:38 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,986,076 times
I guess asking for insurance information was just to much to ask for. This woman needs to be locked away for a very long time.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:11 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,632,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
With that face and the violence, you gotta figure ample Meth use would be her main problem.
That's what I'm thinking too. That, and whatever else is convenient at the time, probably.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:40 AM

21,407 posts, read 10,493,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the nydailynews article is a mess, and factually dead wrong. not your mistake.
it says:

but the Arizona republic says no such thing:

this stupid meth-head needs a good piece of rope..
I'm amazed at how poorly written that article was. Journalism is not what it used to be.

And the meth-head needs to be put away for life at least. I wouldn't be for execution though, because I think she may have underlying mental health issues. A lot of drug addicts do, and/or a lot of drug addicts become mentally ill after taking drugs. It's a very sad state of affairs, for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events