Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 10:17 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,013,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I am with you here.......I raised my kids in the woods and we took many walks deep in the woods. The boy was found a mile and a half away from his grandmother's place. I question a 2 yr old wondering this far all alone.......prayers to this family, they are saying no foul play. I hope they know what they are talking about.

I am not sure how the grandmother took her eyes off the child or why children don't normally run away form grandma.
The article says the child was found half a mile from where he disappeared.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:21 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,382,942 times
I just don't understand how a Grandmother can lose sight of her grandson. Something smells fishy.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:28 AM

22,823 posts, read 6,434,004 times
I guess it's a possibility, but he was found about a mile+ from the house, in a clearing, and no dogs
(who apparently were on the scene soon after he was lost) found him, nor did anyone hear him the
first night...maybe they will give us more information at some point.

Last edited by pekemom; 01-22-2016 at 12:53 AM..

Old 01-22-2016, 06:47 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,195,604 times
My guess is that the grandmother was mistaken where she last saw the boy, which could have very easily shifted the focus of the search.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:17 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I just don't understand how a Grandmother can lose sight of her grandson. Something smells fishy.
Little kids are quick. If they get an idea, they go with it. They don't ever stop to think if it's a good idea. With my kids, it was the idea they could do it by themselves.

When my middle child was 3 or 4, I left him and my then 5 or 6 year son with my dad for a couple of days while I went with my husband to help clean out his dad's house because my fil was in hospice. My dad lives out in the country with a small lake in his back yard. He took my boys fishing. My middle child didn't want to leave when it was time to stop. They went back to the house and my son ran off. My dad wasn't sure if he was headed down the road or off to the lake so he called the sheriff's office for help. My dad found my son first. He had fallen down the side of the hill by the lake, but was hiding behind a tree. My dad found him because he was crying. My son could have easily have fallen into the water and drowned because he couldn't swim yet. It wasn't my dad not supervising. I just had a child with big ideas.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:45 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,390,347 times
Quote:
I can well understand a grandmother losing track of a grandson. What I have more difficulty understanding is the totality of the situation. The possibility of thick woods must be balanced with how far could a toddler go. Then factor in the use of search dogs and coordianted searchers.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:38 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,423,492 times
We have a case here in Jacksonville recently where a young boy Lonzie Barton was misteriously "taken" from a not so classy couple. You can read online but they finally found his body not with dogs but by making a deal with the boyfriend. The problem here in Jax is this County is MASSIVE and has a lot of woods. A body can literally be anywhere. Interestingly while looking for this poor boy's body they found two other unrelated bodies. One from a missing persons case that was like 12 years old.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:17 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times
I haven't been to Pinson, but I have been nearby. The topography is quite hilly in places, and heavily wooded where it hasn't been cleared. I can see how a small child could be quite difficult to find, and know how speedy little ones can be - but also don't understand why dogs were not used earlier, along with heat-seeking aerial devices.

So sad for all involved.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
The article says the child was found half a mile from where he disappeared.
I was reading another article that said a mile and a half.......this is most likely the confusion.;

His body was found just 1.5 miles from his grandmother's home and about half a mile from where he was last seen. I still don't see a child running off like that. My youngest was horrible at hiding under things in the store, out in the woods we stuck close together. My kids were this same age......... this is also a reason why grandmothers should not take kids far from home if they are slowing down with age. I am not blaming the grandmother, just seems there is a horrible time lapse to whatever she was doing while not watching the 2 yr old.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:42 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,483,047 times
Quote:

Little kids are quick.

I have a 3 year old. If we go anywhere I need to keep my eyes on him at all times or it's very easy to lose him....and he'll just keep on running. Talk about stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events