Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2016, 03:48 PM

367 posts, read 457,903 times

Advertisements

I will say that it seems like some people want this woman punished like she just committed murder. The driver chose not to press charges, because if you read any follow up stories to this video instead of just sitting in front of your computer saying "if she was a guy... blah blah...", you would have read that she actually apologizes, feels guilty, and gave the Uber driver money for his phone. Her actions are unacceptable, but there is only one victim, the Uber driver, who suffered damages for his phone, and he got the money for it from her eventually. Anji doesn't need to serve the life sentence that some seem to think she should.

The most deplorable people in this video are Anji's friends, who can be heard in the background so you know they are there. They could have prevented this. They don't do anything to help get their friend out of this situation. If they acted early on and pulled her away from the Uber driver, how much more of this scene actually happens? Pretty much none of it, and none of us know who Anji is. None of them even follow Anji as the video comes to an end and she begins to walk away. What kind of horrible friends are these? People that were using her because she was probably richer then them?

Anji's career is pretty much ruined, and given her actions, it's probably good that she won't go further in the medical profession. That's enough punishment for what she did. Which while unprofessional, there were likely worse crimes committed in Miami that day.

And you know... if the guy who was the intended fare who I have been told was the one taking the video, actually got in the car instead of taking a video, this whole incident would have been over once the Uber driver "pushed off", because they could have been on their way. I guess this is the mindset of society: take videos and watch instead of trying to resolve the matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 05:18 PM

563 posts, read 524,076 times
We should publish everything available about her. I hate it when someone ties to steal my Uber or Lyft. She is a pariah! A loser. A mutton head. Is that even an insult? I like it anyway.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:23 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Not a med student.

Funny how in that profession, you lose your job for something like that, but in most other ones, that's a normal Saturday night.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:33 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
UPDATE: Dr. Anjali N. Ramkissoon, MD has now lost her job at the University of Miami Hospital. She will also probably lose her medical license.
Shouldn't that be posted in the "Good News" thread?

Old 01-23-2016, 06:06 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times
haha alcohol

Old 01-23-2016, 07:09 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,466,382 times
Some time in a jail cell/cuffs might've done her some good, but no one is going to remember or care about this after a year. The only reason I wandered into this thread is because I thought something worse happened.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:22 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Again, a guy DID do this and isn't in jail, the Taco bell exec. She is not in jail because the driver CHOSE not to press charges, so go yell at him, not society.

People under stress sometimes crack. Residency is HARD. Maybe she had some kind of mental breakdown, and if given help will end up being an awesome doctor. Why does one event have to result in sometimes entire identity being bound to it forever? How is it going to benefit society if this woman has her life ruined, can't pay back her $200,000 or whatever it is in student loans and ends up in section 8 apartments being subsidized? Whether she "deserves" that or not, which none of us have a right to decide how does it serve us as a society to have every single crime now carry a life sentence?
The Taco Bell exec. isn't in jail because he has a ton of money. When I said if a guy did this he would have been in jail for assault, I meant a regular joe blow off the street - not some rich executive scum-bag - who was also very entitled!

And, again, this is an apologist attitude here. So, now it's alright for people to go around attacking others for no reason without consequences?! Unbelievable. I bet you wouldn't be as forgiving if this had happened to you!

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 01-23-2016 at 11:56 PM..

Old 01-23-2016, 11:44 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,145 times
Straight from the article: Miami doctor Anjali Ramkissoon faces consequences after YouTube video of her attacking Uber driver goes viral - CBS News
Quote:
"Her neighbor, Ruby Ferro, told CBS Miamithe behavior she saw in the video is nothing like the young lady she has known since she was a child.
"I just got surprised because they're a beautiful family," said Ferro. "Anjali and her sister, they're good girls. They're quiet people. They never have a problem."
Ferro is urging those who are basing their opinions of Ramkissoon from the one video to have a heart.
"You could be a beautiful person but one day you have a problem, the job or the family or the boyfriend, and you change that day. But that doesn't mean you're a bad person," said Ferro."
She acted in very poor judgment but people are leaving very cruel messages for her. She has suffered enough humiliation to last her a lifetime. I wonder what happened to provoke her into drinking as much as she did. Yes, this is her responsibility but let's not rush to condemn. We don't know if there's more going on or not.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:45 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Again, a guy DID do this and isn't in jail, the Taco bell exec. She is not in jail because the driver CHOSE not to press charges, so go yell at him, not society.

People under stress sometimes crack. Residency is HARD. Maybe she had some kind of mental breakdown, and if given help will end up being an awesome doctor. Why does one event have to result in sometimes entire identity being bound to it forever? How is it going to benefit society if this woman has her life ruined, can't pay back her $200,000 or whatever it is in student loans and ends up in section 8 apartments being subsidized? Whether she "deserves" that or not, which none of us have a right to decide how does it serve us as a society to have every single crime now carry a life sentence?
Stress is not a good excuse to act like an a** and attack people. Ridiculous to be defending this brat. If her career is ruined it is due to her immature actions. She can do Yoga, run or choose better ways to release her stress.

Low-income people make mistakes too and they end up in jail serving sentences. She is lucky.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:48 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
She acted in very poor judgment but people are leaving very cruel messages for her. She has suffered enough humiliation to last her a lifetime. I wonder what happened to provoke her into drinking as much as she did. Yes, this is her responsibility but let's not rush to condemn. We don't know if there's more going on or not.
Well, we know she's an entitled piece of $#%$. That's all I need to know. She tried to knee that Uber driver in the groin for no reason. Sickening.

As far as what happened to "provoke her into drinking as much as she did"?! WTF?! People need to be "provoked" into drinking?! People drink because they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events