Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 09:50 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDrenter223 View Post
A neurologist will make roughly the same hourly rate as a teacher when you compare lifetime take home pay to lifetime hours worked.
I have known both and I call utter and complete BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 09:55 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1
So you and others who feel she shouldn't lose her job must also feel the marketing exec from Taco Bell shouldn't have lost his job either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Although the TV show House was fictional, there are a lot of doctors like House that are complete @sses but do good medical work. There are jobs for doctors that do not involve much public contact, reading x-rays, surgical assistants, conducting and reviewing medical research, etc...

I think she is hot.

An btw, I followed a link provided earlier in this thread and determined that she graduated from a low status college in the Caribbean that wantabe doctors attend when they can't get into a US college, so it isn't like she is going to have some important job, she will probably end up injecting filler and botox at a medspa.

No, I don't think he should necessarily loss his job if that was his only brush with the law, but I don't even know what his job was. Maybe he had other issues, and they just used it as an excuse to fire him. Maybe TB has some behavior/arrest restrictions in their employment agreement.

As I stated, he was a marketing exec at Taco Bell.

People are forgetting there are public outcries to have someone's head if that someone acts poorly - particularly if that includes violence of any kind. Companies cannot afford the collateral damage involved in keeping a person who has done something like this when so many people know about it.

Part of the maturing process involves seeing that there are consequences for your behavior. If nothing else, perhaps these two people will grow the hell up and get help addressing their issues.

No need to be overly dramatic by stating her life will be ruined, because that's bunk. Her license won't be stripped and if she's canned she'll manage to B.S. some poor sap who can't see past her looks. There are enough of you here to prove that point. The rest of us are too smart to allow ourselves to be manipulated.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:02 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
If she was ugly I bet the outries for her head wouldn't be near as much.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:06 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
There does appear to be quite a bit of schadenfreude in this thread.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I happened to catch a show one night called What Would You Do. They had actors playing the part of bike thieves. When the thief was a man, the people who witnessed what was going on, got involved by trying to stop the theft or calling the police. Then they switched and had a pretty girl playing the part of the thief. Men were tripping over themselves to help her steal the bike.

We are all aware that some females practice discrimination against attractive women, but I doubt the men here....especially those of us who also thought the Taco Bell exec should lose his job....are guilty of this.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:19 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1
So you and others who feel she shouldn't lose her job must also feel the marketing exec from Taco Bell shouldn't have lost his job either?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
As I stated, he was a marketing exec at Taco Bell.

People are forgetting there are public outcries to have someone's head if that someone acts poorly - particularly if that includes violence of any kind. Companies cannot afford the collateral damage involved in keeping a person who has done something like this when so many people know about it.

...Her license won't be stripped and if she's canned she'll manage to B.S. some poor sap who can't see past her looks.
Repeating what I already know, that he is a self described "marketing executive at Taco Bell", does not tell me what his actual job is. Does he have people reporting to him, does he make major decisions, or is he just a guy that schedules and prices ads? More than likely he is the later.

Your question was if we felt the guy working for TB deserved to lose his job, not whether or not the decision by TB was the correct decision. Public out cries have no bearing on whether or not someone "deserves" anything. Both arguments are potentially correct, he did not deserve to lose his job, and that TB was correct in firing him. Only those at TB would have the insight to know whether or not it was the right decision for TB.

You are correct that she would not lose her Doctor license and she could get another job, I never said otherwise. But the logical extension of your argument that she should be fired for something she did while not working is that she is unemployable as a Doctor by anyone.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Repeating what I already know, that he is a self described "marketing executive at Taco Bell", does not tell me what his actual job is. Does he have people reporting to him, does he make major decisions, or is he just a guy that schedules and prices ads? More than likely he is the later.

Your question was if we felt the guy working for TB deserved to lose his job, not whether or not the decision by TB was the correct decision. Public out cries have no bearing on whether or not someone "deserves" anything. Both arguments are potentially correct, he did not deserve to lose his job, and that TB was correct in firing him. Only those at TB would have the insight to know whether or not it was the right decision for TB.

You are correct that she would not lose her Doctor license and she could get another job, I never said otherwise. But the logical extension of your argument that she should be fired for something she did while not working is that she is unemployable as a Doctor by anyone.

You said you didn't know what his job was - not what it involved. I, therefore, repeated what his job was, since I figured you missed it. I have no idea what it involved.

And yes, I asked if you felt he deserved to lose his job in response to your post saying you didn't feel she should lose hers. This isn't that complicated. I don't know why you're nitpicking with semantics to make it so.

Your "logical extension" lacks logic. Just because I feel a company is correct in choosing to can a person doesn't mean that person will be unemployable for life. It may take longer to land a job, but she'll find one.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:03 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
This is exactly it!!! We have a winner.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:11 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
What a rich, entitled, skanky, P.O.S. bi$%#.
Quote:
No matter what she looks like, it doesn't change the fact that she's a sorry sack of $#@$ that should get fired.
Quote:
Well, we know she's an entitled piece of $#%$. That's all I need to know. She tried to knee that Uber driver in the groin for no reason. Sickening.
Quote:
Great! More apologist behavior for this rich little piece of $%@ - just because she's an attractive woman with a nice ass. WTF is the world coming to. Cute girl goes on a rampage & everyone says that she deserves another chance, etc. just because she has a prestigious job. She should have thought of that before she went off on an innocent Uber driver.

What a marvelous command of the English language you have, sir. I'm trying to think of the correct words to use to describe what I think of your numerous misogynistic diatribes about this woman, but I think I'll just let the phrase you used in your most recent post speak for itself:

Quote:
What a messed-up world we live in where people are actually excusing the unconscionable actions of this low-life trash.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:38 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Yep. Some people are treating this girl like she killed someone and deserves to be horribly punished. Yes she was drunk asf and behaved in such a way that is appalling for a 30 year old doctor that at this point in her life should be intelligent and responsible enough to know better but it was obvious from that video that she was very drunk and acting out due to the fact that she was very drunk. I cannot use that video as a demonstration of the type of person she is when she's sober. Perhaps under normal circumstances that this is not how she carries herself?

People want her head because they believe that her drunken behavior is a result of an entitled attractive young woman that gets away with things, whom used drinking and being intoxicated as an excuse to treat someone horribly because she *Can*. She reminds them of the b**** girls that always get away with things because they're hot. And IMO, it grinds their nerves that she has not been penalized to their liking. Never mind the fact that she has been punished, that the Uber driver accepted the cash settlement and is over it, and that she did not kill him or complete such harm to him that he was not able to move on with his life the next day.

I do not think she needs to lose everything based on a 5 minute clip of her drunk off her a**. I guess others believe she should. To me the punishment she's received thus far(the public berating, the clip being everywhere, having her name torn down in social media outlets) have been completely humiliating and are punishment enough in my mind at least. Let her learn her lesson from this situation and move on with her life....

I'm a woman BTW, and though I thought her a** was nice, her looks have nothing to do with my thoughts on the matter. I believe some people are using her looks to justify why she isn't a criminal for what she did(hey she's hot, I'd bang her if I was that Uber guy) while others are vilifying her not necessarily solely based on this crime, but also because of how she looks. Neither attitude is right to me. Her punishment should fit the crime. And I think the punishment she's gotten so far(especially from the public) is enough.

I think some people are getting overly angry with her in a way that not even the Uber guy is, and he was the freaking victim--why harbor such anger at her? The need for her to never be able to work again as a doctor? Really?

SMH.

Last edited by Faith2187; 01-25-2016 at 12:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events