Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 08:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times

Advertisements

Odd that Uber banned the Taco Bell exec for life but has only suspended this woman temporarily until they review the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 09:16 PM

932 posts, read 899,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Odd that Uber banned the Taco Bell exec for life but has only suspended this woman temporarily until they review the case.
The girl is banned, sherlock!

She is under review by her employer

Old 01-28-2016, 07:50 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
The girl is banned, sherlock!

She is under review by her employer

If you have an update to this story, post it.

Miami Doctor Placed On Leave, Suspended From Uber, After Attacking Driver « CBS Miami

Old 01-28-2016, 08:17 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
There has been overreaction about this story. She shouldn't have acted as she did. However, it is not something that has any long lasting consequence for anyone. Nor, was she within the course and scope of her duties as a physician when this occurred. As such, I really think it is unreasonable for people to call for her to lose her medical license.

She has obviously worked very hard to get where she has in life. Preventing someone like this from being able to practice not only has implications for her, but for the public that is in need of these services as well.

I think it is reasonable to inquire whether she has an alcohol or substance abuse problem. If so, she should undergo treatment for that. She might also benefit from counseling for some anger-related issues that seem apparent from the video. That should be the extent of it though.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:26 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
There has been overreaction about this story. She shouldn't have acted as she did. However, it is not something that has any long lasting consequence for anyone. Nor, was she within the course and scope of her duties as a physician when this occurred. As such, I really think it is unreasonable for people to call for her to lose her medical license.

She has obviously worked very hard to get where she has in life. Preventing someone like this from being able to practice not only has implications for her, but for the public that is in need of these services as well.

I think it is reasonable to inquire whether she has an alcohol or substance abuse problem. If so, she should undergo treatment for that. She might also benefit from counseling for some anger-related issues that seem apparent from the video. That should be the extent of it though.
This girl has done something bad and is paying the price for it. I can say I would hate to have some of my past brought out on video. It is what it is. The hate from some of the people wanting this girl's life thrown away makes them look way worse than this girl ever was.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:30 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Her generation has grown up watching this type of behavior on reality tv and youtube. It will blow over, I don't think her life is ruined.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:16 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Are you both serious? The girl assaulted a man, dented his car and trashed the streets with is paperwork and on top of that she ran from the police

You want somebody so easily angered doing brain surgery on your head? The girl may be mentally unstable and charges should be pressed

The driver declined to press charges.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:17 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,249 times
Yes, little overreaction due to the video.
People fight all the time.
Bar fights are much worse and everyone goes their merry way.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Well, I still don't buy that this woman would have gotten fired if she worked for Taco Bell, or that the guy would have been put on administrative leave - and not fired - if he worked at a hospital. And, being fired is the LEAST that needs to happen to her. It's obvious that this woman is an entitled, spoiled princess who has had everything handed to her throughout her life & has been getting away with whatever she wants - and this incident is just one example.

My point re: saying that the woman is only apologizing because she was caught is because people have posted that because she apologized, everyone should accept this & move on. However, the "apology" was obviously not genuine - and is therefore meaningless.

Again, the apologist attitude re: this woman's behavior is unreal. The reason women like this can & will continue to get away with this illegal, violent, & destructive behavior is because people excuse this behavior.
I don't think people are treating this case any differently than the taco bell guy's case, save the comments about her being "hot". I stand by my opinion that different organizations have different rules/policies regarding steps that must be taken before someone is let go.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's not odd, Taco Bell and that girl's employer/hospital both have separate policies regarding how people can be fired. private corporations like Taco Bell usually can do whatever they want to, while the hospital apparently has a policy more like a school board, where you have to fire someone in stages. It doesn't mean they wouldn't fire her if they could, they just work more like cops. teachers etc where you have to do it after an investigation has taken place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events