Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2016, 10:37 AM

932 posts, read 899,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Where exactly in that article does it says Uber suspended her "temporary"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 10:49 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not odd, Taco Bell and that girl's employer/hospital both have separate policies regarding how people can be fired. private corporations like Taco Bell usually can do whatever they want to, while the hospital apparently has a policy more like a school board, where you have to fire someone in stages. It doesn't mean they wouldn't fire her if they could, they just work more like cops. teachers etc where you have to do it after an investigation has taken place.
Unfortunately, those are the types of jobs it'd be the worst to have a wackjob in. I wouldn't want someone like that anywhere alone with kids, to have access to weapons, or for others' lives to be in her hands. If she was working at Taco Bell headquarters...meh. Worst she'd be able to do is rage delete a few Excel files or something. Not really a public danger.

But exactly what "investigation" has to take place? The video is right there. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to complete the investigation.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:35 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
In addition to being placed on administrative leave at Jackson Health, Uber has suspended her account and released this statement.

“Uber expects everyone associated with the platform – both drivers and riders – to conduct themselves with a shared level of respect and common courtesy, and all forms of harassment and abuse are not tolerated. We have suspended the rider account of this individual as we investigate the incident.”

Old 01-28-2016, 01:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:

For someone who is quick to call another poster, "Sherlock" (capital S, by the way) when trying to correct them, you don't seem to know the difference between a ban and suspension. A ban is permanent, while a suspension is not. A clue is provided with the phrase, "....as we investigate the incident."

In other words, they are temporarily suspending her while they get more information. They were quick to ban the Taco Bell exec without needing to investigate.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not odd, Taco Bell and that girl's employer/hospital both have separate policies regarding how people can be fired. private corporations like Taco Bell usually can do whatever they want to, while the hospital apparently has a policy more like a school board, where you have to fire someone in stages. It doesn't mean they wouldn't fire her if they could, they just work more like cops. teachers etc where you have to do it after an investigation has taken place.
What the heck do Taco Bell and the hospital have to do with Uber and the actions they take? Absolutely NOTHING.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:13 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
She has obviously worked very hard to get where she has in life. Preventing someone like this from being able to practice not only has implications for her, but for the public that is in need of these services as well.
She's a professional, not some house-maid, and should be held to an higher standard.

Quote:
Are you both serious? The girl assaulted a man, dented his car and trashed the streets with is paperwork and on top of that she ran from the police

You want somebody so easily angered doing brain surgery on your head? The girl may be mentally unstable and charges should be pressed
Yes, indeed.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:58 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,524 times
Privilege. Not just for white males anymore.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:24 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I saw her apology on GMA this morning.

Did she put the dent in that Uber driver's car?
No I think the dent was there based on the dialogue in the video. I think she threw his iPhone on the floor.

I know people are overreacting but when I see the video it makes me angry.

She even claims she was not drunk. She claims she was upset because her father was hospitalized and her boyfriend of two years had just broken up with her. Those are some serious anger management issues. Why do that to a poor Uber driver? you have to be very morally corrupt to attack someone that doesn't even make that much money driving around crazy people like her.

Whatever screw her. life is tough. I'm sure there are plenty people in Miami who can replace her.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:40 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,254,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
No I think the dent was there based on the dialogue in the video. I think she threw his iPhone on the floor.

I know people are overreacting but when I see the video it makes me angry.

She even claims she was not drunk. She claims she was upset because her father was hospitalized and her boyfriend of two years had just broken up with her. Those are some serious anger management issues. Why do that to a poor Uber driver? you have to be very morally corrupt to attack someone that doesn't even make that much money driving around crazy people like her.

Whatever screw her. life is tough. I'm sure there are plenty people in Miami who can replace her.
Why wasn't she at the hospital with her father and family. As a doctor she could have been helping her family better understand whatever was happening, but she was out partying?

Old 01-28-2016, 04:02 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
I have no idea how women can drive for Uber and feel safe.

Speaking of the Taco Bell clown did you read he is suing the Uber driver for $5 million? He claims he was video taped without being notified. Uber driver said he did in fact notify him. Seems pretty hard to take the drunk guy's word for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events