Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 02:26 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I can assure you, that he'll be fired. Your raging paranoia is noted....
Thats not raging paranoia. Its the truth. He will be fired, but thats it. No charges, no stripping of certifications, and he will get hired by another department. If I pulled a gun on a drive thru window clerk, I'd at least get some kind of aggravated assault charge with a weapon and DUI. It wouldnt take an investigation for me to get these charges. This guy gets nothing. Its disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 03:03 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have to admit, there have been times at our local McDonalds (which is slooooooow as molasses , especially at night, ) when this cops actions might have been understandable ! Sometimes it takes 20 minutes to get a simple order.

Don
Yeah, it's totally understandable to threaten someone's life because you have to be patient to receive your food.

Tooootally understandable...

Old 01-23-2016, 04:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
This is true, I am familiar with SF and Napa valley but haven't been to the rural CA.

However I thought (mistakenly ?) that this happened in SF ?
The lunatics in SF, and the plastics in the LA area get all of the attention. The fact is, much of CA is rural, and has a rural type mindset. Unfortunately, they are drowned out by the idiots in the aforementioned two places who think that they know what is best for everyone else...and those aforementioned two places are usually filled to the brim with hypocrisy.

When people talk about "liberal" CA, it's coming from LA area and SF. It is not coming from the farmers, the people who have lived there, have had families there for generations. Many of the people who moved to CA actually did come from OK, as Seain said. Their families still have that mindset, not the ultra liberal elite mindset that screeches at the top of their lungs for attention.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:40 PM

743 posts, read 766,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
I almost never go to fast food that late at night because it's usually a skeleton crew with little to no inventory prepared. I don't know if they have these in your neck of the woods, but if you ever have late night munchies (and want to shorten your lifespan by a few days), check out the mexican taquerias. Much better food anyway.

I love my drunken cheesesteak fix, but, god, would I love late night Mexican food (not Taco Bell) here in Philadelphia.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:50 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
They have to decide whether or not charges will be filed against a cop who's DUI and who pulls a gun on Junk-In-the-Box employees? Huh? He should be fired, too.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:17 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22
Agreed! The incident is under investigation---sounds like DUI,
Yea either that or he is so angry @ whats going on in the world he is taking out on innocent ppl who have nothing to do with it....

Old 01-23-2016, 08:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
This is true, I am familiar with SF and Napa valley but haven't been to the rural CA.

However I thought (mistakenly ?) that this happened in SF ?
It happened in Santa Clara, about 50 miles south of SF. Once you start to get out of the cities like SF and LA, you could be in the Midwest as far as the people go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The lunatics in SF, and the plastics in the LA area get all of the attention. The fact is, much of CA is rural, and has a rural type mindset. Unfortunately, they are drowned out by the idiots in the aforementioned two places who think that they know what is best for everyone else...and those aforementioned two places are usually filled to the brim with hypocrisy.

When people talk about "liberal" CA, it's coming from LA area and SF. It is not coming from the farmers, the people who have lived there, have had families there for generations. Many of the people who moved to CA actually did come from OK, as Seain said. Their families still have that mindset, not the ultra liberal elite mindset that screeches at the top of their lungs for attention.
Now, now not everyone in LA is one of the plastics....LOL. But you're correct a lot of CA is rural. People seem to forget that, because many only know what they know from TV and movies, which is usually LA.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:20 PM
gqa

175 posts, read 152,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Thats not raging paranoia. Its the truth. He will be fired, but thats it. No charges, no stripping of certifications, and he will get hired by another department. If I pulled a gun on a drive thru window clerk, I'd at least get some kind of aggravated assault charge with a weapon and DUI. It wouldnt take an investigation for me to get these charges. This guy gets nothing. Its disgusting.

Couldn't have said it better!!

Its amazing how some people rage about regular people going to jail for long times for petty non violent offenses but are completely ok with a cop doing something like this and "possibly" only getting fired.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:36 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,249,602 times
Cops should be held to a higher standard. The same crime that gets 10 years in prison for an average citizen should get 30 years for a cop. And possibly 10 years for the person who hired that cop, because such careless hiring can cost people their lives.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:39 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,249,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
It's inexcusable having to wait 15 minutes in a Jack in the Box drive through lane at 2am.
Good point. The cops should send a SWAT team there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events